Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... all of a sudden prayer came from my belly and it couldn't have been myself. And just with the prayer alone she began to throw up. When I was done praying her husbands stomach was no longer hurting and they both quit the drug from that day on...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It will just start happening, and more and more as your time of ministry draws ever closer.

But I know that if I wasn't led I wouldn't have known what to do. Sometimes I just want to cast demons out of the lame, sick, or mentally challenged but I know im just not sure if I'm ready. The Lord deals with me in my dreams with deliverance.

That you're just not sure yet is an indication that the Spirit is not leading you to do so yet, despite you really wanting to. Keep praying, and continue to grow in your knowledge and use of the things He is now leading you in, i.e. dealing with you in the combination of dreams and deliverance. There may be a strong connection there that is important for you to develop and master before you enter into a lot of 1-on-1 personal ministry.

• Agree
Reactions: LovelyDay10
Upvote 0

LovelyDay10

Apr 17, 2017
Fort Wayne
✟9,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This is exactly what I'm talking about. It will just start happening, and more and more as your time of ministry draws ever closer.

That you're just not sure yet is an indication that the Spirit is not leading you to do so yet, despite you really wanting to. Keep praying, and continue to grow in your knowledge and use of the things He is now leading you in, i.e. dealing with you in the combination of dreams and deliverance. There may be a strong connection there that is important for you to develop and master before you enter into a lot of 1-on-1 personal ministry.
Thank you So much. This is like confirmation

• Friendly
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟202,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I desired it and the Lord began giving me a lot of dreams. At first I would see demons in my dreams and I would begin rebuking them as they would flee. And then I would have dreams of casting them out of people. It started out easy and it's like each dream I have gets a bit more difficult but I always get the demon out

When I was young, the people around me, shaped my view of the world. They shaped my view on people, classes of people, and what different people are like. They only gave me what they believed to be true and I excepted it just as many do. One day back in 1996 The Lord revealed Himself to me in a way that no one would believe, but yet it would be true. On that one day, everything that I believed, everything I was taught was washed away and replaced with The Truth. That was the beginning of my journey. As we walk further on this journey, and He increases in us, then we start to see the creation through His eyes and others through His Love. We also see that our old view of the world, was a lie. This is the meaning of Jesus healing the eyes of the blind. I believe when we see the creation through His eyes and others through His Love, then, and only then, we are ready for the ministry to which we have been called. If we go early, then our enemy will know what we have hidden. We are not ignorant of his devises just as he also is aware of our weaknesses and will exploit them whenever he has an oppertunity. Hope this helps you, and it kinda reminds me of two dreams I just read recently, but then again I wouldn't want to be a wannabe. LoL

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When I was young, the people around me, shaped my view of the world. They shaped my view on people, classes of people, and what different people are like. They only gave me what they believed to be true and I excepted it just as many do. One day back in 1996 The Lord revealed Himself to me in a way that no one would believe, but yet it would be true. On that one day, everything that I believed, everything I was taught was washed away and replaced with The Truth. That was the beginning of my journey.
Good and true in line with Scripture testimony.
All the arguments , debates, fighting and refusing to believe the BIBLE, comes from this - believing what someone was told,
before learning the truth....
most everyone "believed to be true" what they were taught,
then later when they have a choice to know the truth,
that's the fork in the road,
that's the turning point,
if they choose to believe the truth.

If they don't , then they go on believing the lies, supported by the system (whatever their system is), often family, friends, co-workers, etc etc etc...
and there's no forgiveness for sins where there is no repentance.

If they choose to believe the truth, as God Reveals it to them personally,
then do as He says and are chosen to be His, not just called, but chosen,
there
is very great rejoicing indeed , according to God's Plan - even the angels rejoice! whenever someone is saved!
Delivered out of babylon, freed from deception of demons and of men.

Upvote 0

LovelyDay10

Apr 17, 2017
Fort Wayne
✟9,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When I was young, the people around me, shaped my view of the world. They shaped my view on people, classes of people, and what different people are like. They only gave me what they believed to be true and I excepted it just as many do. One day back in 1996 The Lord revealed Himself to me in a way that no one would believe, but yet it would be true. On that one day, everything that I believed, everything I was taught was washed away and replaced with The Truth. That was the beginning of my journey. As we walk further on this journey, and He increases in us, then we start to see the creation through His eyes and others through His Love. We also see that our old view of the world, was a lie. This is the meaning of Jesus healing the eyes of the blind. I believe when we see the creation through His eyes and others through His Love, then, and only then, we are ready for the ministry to which we have been called. If we go early, then our enemy will know what we have hidden. We are not ignorant of his devises just as he also is aware of our weaknesses and will exploit them whenever he has an oppertunity. Hope this helps you, and it kinda reminds me of two dreams I just read recently, but then again I wouldn't want to be a wannabe. LoL
Yes yes yes!!! Hallelujah to that!!! I strongly agree with everything you said!!!! Now this totally agrees with my spirit!!!

Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always listen to him he's great

Why do you want to get involved in this? Start by talking to people about Jesus and the Gospel. Most of the problems with spirits are solved by getting people saved. Listen to this...it is very real that some of us are actually drawn to the evil spirits. They can make themselves appealing to even Christians. Satan is the angel of light, the most beautiful angel. Don't be so certain that you want to get involved in this.

Upvote 0

LovelyDay10

Apr 17, 2017
Fort Wayne
✟9,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Why do you want to get involved in this? Start by talking to people about Jesus and the Gospel. Most of the problems with spirits are solved by getting people saved. Listen to this...it is very real that some of us are actually drawn to the evil spirits. They can make themselves appealing to even Christians. Satan is the angel of light, the most beautiful angel. Don't be so certain that you want to get involved in this.

Well guess what.... I am a hairstylist who talks to 90% of the ppl who sit in my chair about Jesus Christ and living for Him. And guess what else... I didn't choose this...He chose me. Am I interested in this. Yes I am! I'm interested in anything that The Lord wants to give to me. And He wouldn't have chose me if he didn't think I could do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It is surprising to me that so many believers are unable to deal with the demons that attack them without getting someone else to minister to them. This comes from a defective understand of the powerful authority we have over demons through our conversion to Christ. If we are children of God, the devil and his demons can't get near us. It is so sad that relatively few Christians, especially Charismatics, actually believe that. And unbelief is a sin and opens folks to demonic oppression. The devil takes advantage of their lack of faith to feed them lies to make them believe that they cannot get themselves free, when, in actual fact, all a believer has to do is to say, "on your bike" to an oppressing demon, and that demon has to go. It cannot continue oppressing a believer who has the faith to assert their authority in Christ. Jesus defeated the devil through the Word of God, and because He was absolutely human, depending on the same Holy Spirit we do, we can do exactly the same.

I suggest that many "deliverance ministries" are self aggrandising, taking advantage of ordinary believers' lack of faith. They are puffing themselves up at the expense of ordinary believers, instead of training them on how to get themselves free and being able to stay free from demonic influences. The New Testament does not recognise "deliverance ministries" because the casting out of devils accompanies all who believe and not just selected "ministries". You don't find the "deliverance ministry" among the five-fold ministries.

Paul cast demons out of people, but they were not believers. They were unconverted pagans. Once the demons were cast out those pagans came to Christ. Therefore, healing the sick and casting out of demons is part of the presentation of the gospel to the unconverted. It is generally understood that Christian believers are able to resist and deal with demonic attacks themselves.

Kenneth Hagin was of the same mind set,he believed in commanding to leave.
He was the one ministering to the oppressed, but he simply said come out in Jesus name.
He used Christ as a example, he would not talk to them.
He said once I don't talk to demons the devil is a liar any way.
That being said some people are under control by unclean spirits.
They do not realize this until their behavior comes out.
So a person who is fighting ,or doesn't know needs help.
Let's face it not many Hagins around or Wigglesworth.
Modern technology has opened new points for minds to be influenced by darkness.
I personally believe people are becoming worse and worse.
Narrissist and sociopaths are common place,I personally think they are demonic.
But they will not submit to deliverance, so there is a need for more people who are gifted in this area.

There is a video sound track one one occasion Derick Prince had a bad time with the piano player in the church.
It manifested during his sermon,after being in hiding for a long time.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we go early, then our enemy will know what we have hidden. We are not ignorant of his devises just as he also is aware of our weaknesses and will exploit them whenever he has an oppertunity
:amen:

• Agree
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I will try a analogy for discernment in your calling.
My Sister was given a very old box,that had symbolism all over it.
It was banded in gold and the feet were silver.
It was hand carved,and a antique dealer would love it.
But.. my Sister could not take her mind off of it,she kept wondering if it was evil.
Bad things started to happen in her life and her finances and body.
When she asked me about it I replied : just the fact your asking about if it's cursed or a symbol of Idolatry tells me it is.
I asked Her how many antiques do you have that you never think about? Why do you stare at this one and try to reconcile it?
I said burn it,She did and the next day She felt like somthing lifted from her life.
Everything turned around in one day Bless God.
My point is the reverse of somthing bad but somthing good calling you ,it stays on your mind and new people who are afflicted will show up.
God will never give you a gift without the supernatural ability to do it.
When you are ready to say not my will but yours Lord ,then the blessing will come.
You lose your mind by finding your Spirit ,and obeying the calling of the Holy Spirit.
Once you have arrived by Faith your mind is renewed and discernment is given.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is surprising to me that so many believers are unable to deal with the demons that attack them without getting someone else to minister to them. This comes from a defective understand of the powerful authority we have over demons through our conversion to Christ. If we are children of God, the devil and his demons can't get near us. It is so sad that relatively few Christians, especially Charismatics, actually believe that. And unbelief is a sin and opens folks to demonic oppression. The devil takes advantage of their lack of faith to feed them lies to make them believe that they cannot get themselves free, when, in actual fact, all a believer has to do is to say, "on your bike" to an oppressing demon, and that demon has to go. It cannot continue oppressing a believer who has the faith to assert their authority in Christ. Jesus defeated the devil through the Word of God, and because He was absolutely human, depending on the same Holy Spirit we do, we can do exactly the same.

I suggest that many "deliverance ministries" are self aggrandising, taking advantage of ordinary believers' lack of faith. They are puffing themselves up at the expense of ordinary believers, instead of training them on how to get themselves free and being able to stay free from demonic influences. The New Testament does not recognise "deliverance ministries" because the casting out of devils accompanies all who believe and not just selected "ministries". You don't find the "deliverance ministry" among the five-fold ministries.

Paul cast demons out of people, but they were not believers. They were unconverted pagans. Once the demons were cast out those pagans came to Christ. Therefore, healing the sick and casting out of demons is part of the presentation of the gospel to the unconverted. It is generally understood that Christian believers are able to resist and deal with demonic attacks themselves.

This is very helpful Oscarr.

Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well guess what.... I am a hairstylist who talks to 90% of the ppl who sit in my chair about Jesus Christ and living for Him. And guess what else... I didn't choose this...He chose me. Am I interested in this. Yes I am! I'm interested in anything that The Lord wants to give to me. And He wouldn't have chose me if he didn't think I could do it.

LovelyDay what you are doing is Wonderful! Don't get me wrong, being able to tell strangers about Jesus is one of the most difficult things for me to do. The fact that you can do this to 90% of your customers shows one of your gifts.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LovelyDay what you are doing is Wonderful! Don't get me wrong, being able to tell strangers about Jesus is one of the most difficult things for me to do. The fact that you can do this to 90% of your customers shows one of your gifts.
This is true PH my daughter is a hairdresser as well and I tell her that her chair is her pulpit :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟202,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I definitely agree!!!!!

Ever notice how they(the 90%) can relate to what leaves your lips? It leaves them thinking after they leave. You see, our Father knows everything about them, even when they are but strangers to us. Our Father is always working through us. That is what Jesus meant when He said "My Father is always working."He is like a Master Builder, always building upon the foundation which He has already laid. It will be different for each person, and yet the same. I never know what will come from these lips, but I do know from who they come. Hope this help ya and have a Blessed and Lovely Day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Although I said that every believer can resist the devil and get themselves free, I know that there are believers with great faith and others with little faith. Whether a believer has great or little faith, they have received the same grace.

This is why we have ministries that encourage and assist believers. This is in terms of what Isaiah said - that the strong should support the weak. This is a foundation principle in the Christian Church. So a person seeking to have a deliverance ministry is one who sees a need and because that person has a helpful heart and is wanting to support those with a smaller faith, then the desire to help is totally consistent with the nature of Christ.

So my view is - go for it!

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just because we see the need doesn't necessarily mean we're to do deliverance. Be led by The Holy Spirit.

After leading someone to Christ, we don't stop at that point. Not controlling them though. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you all the days, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:19-20 If we don't baptize nor teach, at least tell them about this Scripture how to become a disciple, a follower of Yeshua.

Same applies to deliverance. There's follow-up - can be just a couple of statements. "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." II Cor 2:11 Encourage reading Matt 12:43-45. It states that the enemy will come back and the folks who have been delivered need to know how to maintain their deliverance. Urge them to focus on Yahweh, honor Him, read His Word, and apply it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
when do you know you are ready to start you ministry in deliverance. And how do you know you are called to that ministry?

Seek to become a deacon and elder first for the purpose of gaining enough maturity in Christ.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Although I said that every believer can resist the devil and get themselves free, I know that there are believers with great faith and others with little faith. Whether a believer has great or little faith, they have received the same grace.

This is why we have ministries that encourage and assist believers. This is in terms of what Isaiah said - that the strong should support the weak. This is a foundation principle in the Christian Church. So a person seeking to have a deliverance ministry is one who sees a need and because that person has a helpful heart and is wanting to support those with a smaller faith, then the desire to help is totally consistent with the nature of Christ.

So my view is - go for it!
After reading Daniel's wise post, I feel the need to qualify my comments to "go with it". I remember the words of a wise pastor who mentored me when I was young. He said that it was much better to go where you are invited instead of trying to push yourself forward into ministry. That is wise advice. When God thinks that you are ready for ministry in the Holy Ghost, He will open the doors for you. If He has promised a deliverance ministry for you, and it is not materialising right now, then it is a matter of faith and patience in order to inherit the promises. It is much better to wait on God for Him to open the way for you than to try and force the door yourself. Look up the reference about the two guys who tried to offer the sacrifice when they were not authorised. Look up how Saul lost his kingdom. He offered the sacrifice contrary to Samuel's instruction to wait for him. These are object lessons about the necessity of waiting on God for His permission to go forward.

Many small businesses have failed because they have rushed into business with their chosen product before doing the market research to determine whether people actually want to buy the product. Just because the producers think it is a good product doesn't mean that the buyers think the same way. It is the same with any type of ministry. Do the people need a ministry like yours? And if you think they need it, which they do if they are oppressed by demons, do they want it? Do they want you to perform that ministry? These are important questions you need to consider before embarking on any sort of ministry.

My belief is that when people want your ministry and God opens the door for you to receive invitations, then that is the best indication that your ministry is supported by the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will give you my 10 cents. Demons are everywhere, I can tell you now, they are here in my room. Waiting trying to find a weakness in me, and they are in your home too, they are in every home, near every man and woman. Jesus said "the ruler of this world comes, but he has nothing over me, no power in me". The devil had no power over Jesus, for He was the living word of God. He embodied the word, He was the word in the flesh. While we live in God's word, abide by it, in both its grace, and commands, we can as Jesus said say "He has no power over me". But are we 100% free from Satan's power, maybe not, have we believed a lie, do we stumble, in some word or deed? We maybe a free people, free from oppression. But do we truly know how hard it is to fight the devil? To gain His victory over sin Jesus strove to the death. In order to beat the devil we too need to a degree crucify the flesh, and take on the nature of Christ. We need not necessarily die as Christ did, but to truly beat the devil there is a fight, a surrender of our will, for God's. There are devils that rule our governments, our friends, and our enemies, few of us, me included, fight hard enough to truly rout Satan. We prefer comfort, rather than to suffer the reproaches of Christ. But little by little, we as His children, make dents into that hidden realm, you, I, every believer. Some more than others. I know some times God calls me to do seemingly impossible tasks, beyond my hearts ability to respond, yet His call is very deep. Yet in His grace, He extends me mercy, to fall back into the arms of grace. He allows me to fail, he allows me to not rebuke sin as hard as I should, he allows me to not preach as powerfully as I aught. I will not have the eternal reward, I may be the lowest of the saints. But there is plenty of fight out there if you want it.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0