melbourne
✟9,926.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't we all called to pray for the sick and cast out dem0nds?

In my little opinion I would say when you are free from willful habitual sin. When you know who u r in Christ.

From experience people begin to manifest around you. If you seek God day and night and love him and people the evil one can't stand to be around you. People start howling and cursing and spitting it's crazy

Prayer is the best thing and study the word but I think you already there if you are asking . I'm just no one
LoL bord Christian on line

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi LovelyDay10, welcome to the forums.

You may have already done this but would study the Scriptures that are about deliverance including "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45. So a believer would need to agree to study Scriptures before deliverance.

Also, discerning of spirits and hearing Yahweh are vital in this ministry. If you don't have discerning of spirits, you can ask (I Cor 14:1). If you have trouble hearing Him, practice. Asks Him questions and then check for accuracy. Is there a spiritual mentor perhaps in your church in this type of ministry?

Prayer and fasting are needed. Rely on Yahweh, His promises and His power. Asks Yahweh to go before you (Deut 31:8) and for Him to be your rearguard (Isa 58:8). You put on His armor (Eph 6:10-18) Spend time with Yahweh including after ministry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you seek God day and night and love him and people the evil one can't stand to be around you. People start howling and cursing and spitting it's crazy

Exactly, yes. Others who don't realize that, just kind of look , well, with a big question or other strange look wondering what's going on.

The ones with the active demons just move away quickly often cursing and muttering or sometimes shouting very vulgar blasphemies
with a look of sheer evil in their eyes and contorting their face and mouth and body variously....
OR, when it is time, they are delivered with a simple "SCAT!" and such peace and joy results immediately ! - they have no more stress in their thoughts or face or features , no, no stress nor strain at all,
just pure gentle joyous radiance and peaceful relief
followed by straight from the WORD , taught by Jesus, how to be filled with God's Spirit now that the "house" is clean !
Then no more return , then no more worries, being filled daily with God's Spirit, so when the enemy returns with many more and stronger spirits, they have no place to stay and they go away...

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't we all called to pray for the sick and cast out demons?

You know, all joking aside this is a very interesting question. Was debating with a couple brothers on a thread a few weeks ago on if Christians were intended to have only one major gift or operate in a lot of them, and he showed fairly convincing evidence from the Greek that the intent of God was for believers to be praying to operate in as many of them as they desired, yet they would always nevertheless have one primary office that they were called to operate in and teach their brothers and sisters above all others...

I posted that I knew of certain men in Christian history who operated in nearly all of them, namely Smith Wigglesworth, whom he replied was a very good example of what he was talking about.

I have several books by Winn Worley, who was a very powerful Baptist exorcist in Indiana I think, and started the big exorcism revival that took place back in the 70s and 80s. I would strongly recommend his works as education tools, although I don't know for sure if they're still available anywhere.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have several books by Winn Worley, who was a very powerful Baptist exorcist in Indiana I think, and started the big exorcism revival that took place back in the 70s and 80s. I would strongly recommend his works as education tools, although I don't know for sure if they're still available anywhere.

They are still! Amazon.com: Win Worley: Books

I'd strongly recommend starting with the third one from the top, LovelyDay. (Battling The Hosts Of Hell: Dairy Of An Exorcist). That was his first book, and very powerful. Come to think of it, here are several on that Amazon page that I never bought. I should think about buying some more myself...

Btw, don't let the cheapie looking covers fool you. Very strong material. Man exorcised more demons than anybody could count. There's also one at the bottom of the page that is specifically about starting out in deliverance ministry.

• Agree
Reactions: LovelyDay10
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when do you know you are ready to start you ministry in deliverance. And how do you know you are called to that ministry?

Blessings in Christ Jesus! You know, when The Lord sends you out. He never sends a person out before their time. A soldier must be fully equiped, and trained before entering a battle. Do you feel you have that call in your life?

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I would recommend you study the teaching of Derick Prince.
There are plenty of his sermons on YouTube.
For myself I find that studying the Bible faithfully is a key part of gaining knowledge, coupled with examples like Smith Wigglesworth like the OP mentioned and with the ease of access to youtube.
Be careful in that you are grounded in God's Word and his will,that this is your call.
It is a ministry of fire,and sits at the gates of Hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When you start your ministry please pray for me. Im not possessed, but I have been oppressed for years.
Why do you need someone else to set you free from the oppression when you have the authority in Christ to resist the devil and he has to flee from you. All you have to do is tell the devil, "on your bike", and he has to go. You remain oppressed because the lying spirit is making you believe that you can't get yourself free but have to get others to do it for you. Perhaps the sin of unbelief is the bit of garbage that the oppressing demon is feeding on in your life. Neil Anderson wrote a book called "The Bondage Breaker". I suggest you read it and go through the steps to freedom that he prescribes, and I guarantee that you will find victory immediately!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It is surprising to me that so many believers are unable to deal with the demons that attack them without getting someone else to minister to them. This comes from a defective understand of the powerful authority we have over demons through our conversion to Christ. If we are children of God, the devil and his demons can't get near us. It is so sad that relatively few Christians, especially Charismatics, actually believe that. And unbelief is a sin and opens folks to demonic oppression. The devil takes advantage of their lack of faith to feed them lies to make them believe that they cannot get themselves free, when, in actual fact, all a believer has to do is to say, "on your bike" to an oppressing demon, and that demon has to go. It cannot continue oppressing a believer who has the faith to assert their authority in Christ. Jesus defeated the devil through the Word of God, and because He was absolutely human, depending on the same Holy Spirit we do, we can do exactly the same.

I suggest that many "deliverance ministries" are self aggrandising, taking advantage of ordinary believers' lack of faith. They are puffing themselves up at the expense of ordinary believers, instead of training them on how to get themselves free and being able to stay free from demonic influences. The New Testament does not recognise "deliverance ministries" because the casting out of devils accompanies all who believe and not just selected "ministries". You don't find the "deliverance ministry" among the five-fold ministries.

Paul cast demons out of people, but they were not believers. They were unconverted pagans. Once the demons were cast out those pagans came to Christ. Therefore, healing the sick and casting out of demons is part of the presentation of the gospel to the unconverted. It is generally understood that Christian believers are able to resist and deal with demonic attacks themselves.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would recommend you study the teaching of Derick Prince. There are plenty of his sermons on YouTube. For myself I find that studying the Bible faithfully is a key part of gaining knowledge, coupled with examples like Smith Wigglesworth like the OP mentioned and with the ease of access to youtube. Be careful in that you are grounded in God's Word and His will, that this is your call. It is a ministry of fire, and sits at the gates of Hell.

I agree with every word of this post. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

LovelyDay10

Apr 17, 2017
Fort Wayne
✟9,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Blessings in Christ Jesus! You know, when The Lord sends you out. He never sends a person out before their time. A soldier must be fully equiped, and trained before entering a battle. Do you feel you have that call in your life?

Well I desired it and the Lord began giving me a lot of dreams. At first I would see demons in my dreams and I would begin rebuking them as they would flee. And then I would have dreams of casting them out of people. It started out easy and it's like each dream I have gets a bit more difficult but I always get the demon out

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovelyDay10

Apr 17, 2017
Fort Wayne
✟9,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You know, all joking aside this is a very interesting question. Was debating with a couple brothers on a thread a few weeks ago on if Christians were intended to have only one major gift or operate in a lot of them, and he showed fairly convincing evidence from the Greek that the intent of God was for believers to be praying to operate in as many of them as they desired, yet they would always nevertheless have one primary office that they were called to operate in and teach their brothers and sisters above all others...

I posted that I knew of certain men in Christian history who operated in nearly all of them, namely Smith Wigglesworth, whom he replied was a very good example of what he was talking about.

I feel as if you are led by the Holy Spirit u can do anything. I have castes a demon from my cousin and her husband. They were addicted to that synthetic marijuana and all of a sudden prayer came from my belly and it couldn't have been myself. And just with the prayer alone she began to throw up. When I was done praying her husbands stomach was no longer hurting and they both quit the drug from that day on... but I know that if I wasn't led I wouldn't have known what to do. Sometimes I just want to cast demons out of the lame, sick, or mentally challenged but I know im just not sure if I'm ready. The Lord deals with me in my dreams with deliverance.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when do you know you are ready to start you ministry in deliverance. And how do you know you are called to that ministry?

Didn't even notice GTW27s post until you quoted him, and then realized I never actually answered your question. You will know you are ready because it will just start happening. For instance, I have been preparing for the teaching ministry for a decade (and that's being very conservative), and I was still preparing (I,e. continuing to write Bible Studies, build up my website, etc.) when I felt led to stop for a bit and join over here. I had no idea this was coming. I thought I would just maybe get my feet wet at this site or something.... Haven't done a lick of writing since that day, although a word has been spoken over me that He will eventually again begin putting "pressure" on me to get back to finishing my preparation work. But, again, I know this sounds terrible, but it will just happen. When you are ready and fully prepared, it will just begin to happen, in God's foreknowledge of the plan he has for your life.

How do you know you are called to a ministry? I'd answer that by saying it is something that will never leave you alone. I'm a talented musician, and I've stepped in to help several churches build a worship team when I could see they needed help. And because I'm good at it, nearly everyone who has seen me play doesn't believe me that it is not my primary calling. They think I'm trying to make excuses, or maybe wanting to make myself out to be something I'm not when its obvious my calling is in the music ministry. Frustrates me, but I forgive them for not seeing the real me. I know I am called as teacher because it never leaves my mind and my interest, ever! Whether I have an official "ministry" that anyone recognizes or not, I am incessantly involved in study of the word in preparation for teaching ministry. Music? I own thousands of dollars worth of guitars and equipment, and some of it I leave on stands in the living room or bedroom. Yet I almost never pick up an instrument unless I suddenly feel called again to help with a music ministry. And then it will usually only be long enough to get them completely squared away. The last team I was involved in was actually getting quite good, yet I believe the Lord Himself eventually disbanded it, for one thing to keep me from getting sidetracked on what my true calling was.

So in other words, you'll know it's your true calling if it never leaves you alone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0