Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This sounds rather dangerous, although you don't mean it to be.

My advice is to stay well away from this area unless you are suitably gifted and called.

Some years back, there was a priest from Britain not properly equipped that lost both eyes when a 'session' went wrong.

That said in my experience there are no formula's but what is essential is a keen ear on what He is saying.

I remember being present when a girl was desperate to suicide, so we rang a friend who had a proven ministry in this area.

We restrained and disarmed her and she was in a tight ball on the couch when she started talking as if in contact with the person coming to help.

When he arrived, it was beautiful to watch, he was very calm and quiet, gently put his hand on her clenched fist and said 'thank you Jesus for this hand' and the hand relaxed. Same with the other hand. Then arms and feet and so on... Through this process she was fully restored. You wont learn that in church. He was simply seeing what the Father was already doing.

In my view you cant 'learn' to deliver because every situation is different.

I don't want to put folks off but at the same time much of what is presented as deliverance is little more than 'shadow boxing'.

Often those seeking deliverance simply need to repent of stuff.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What carl says is true. One must be properly equipped, trained and supernaturally gifted to do that kind of ministry.

In the incident with the Syro-Phoenician woman, our Lord said deliverance form demonic possession/oppression is the "children's bread." i.e. - for believers only.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Family,

Do you perform deliverance or exorcism rituals on the saved or unsaved?

What are the consequences of performing it on an unsaved person?

~Natsumi Lam~

Hi Natsumi. If I recall correctly from one of your threads, you are interested in possibly going into a deliverance ministry under the guidance of your pastor, correct?

I don't perform exorcism as this is not my specialized ministry area. However, I do pray for people's deliverance in a form of private intercession.

I am not sure if it makes a difference if the possessed person is a believer or not in terms of danger, as it is the demons, and not the person, who is the danger.

However, the person having faith in Jesus may possibly help in speeding up the deliverance process.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok I must say that there is a huge difference between dealing with demons troubling a believer vs. non-believer.

The believer has a seat of His authority within.

The non-believer is vulnerable to ending up worse because there is no defence for those who's father is the father of lies.

This ministry is not pretty.

Genuine confrontation with the demonic is no pleasant experience and one needs to have deep revelation of the authority of Jesus - not just teaching - but personal encounter with Him.

Most times I will approach any serious ministry in this area with a small group as individual discernment is better to be cross checked in submission - this is how the body works and the authority of the body has the capability of putting more to flight and doing a more thorough job...

I will only ask those with a proven ministry who I have known for years.

Remember all demons are liars, never converse.

It is not about them, it is about what He wants to do.

I cant stress this enough - without having an ability to see and hear what the father is doing, we are not on square one.

I never presume to name spirits - for me discernment is given by way of sensing through the discernment of spirits and this is a spiritual encounter. Then having been given this insight a quiet command in His name is all that is needed. At times there can be a holy indignation that brings a stronger rebuke but it is never a contest of any sort.

I have never desired this ministry - nor do I seek it.

He draws on me to enter in from time to time.

I hope something I have said will be helpful.

• Useful
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review
This Thread is Now
Permanently Closed

RV:
Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
Deliverance
  • Requesting specific prayers for deliverance from demonic activity, or requesting advice on how to exorcise or bind demons is not allowed. Posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or posts which give instructions on how to complete deliverance are not allowed. Members concerned about demonic activity/deliverance may speak with a CF Chaplain in the Ask a Chaplain forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.