✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is my DeviantArt account: GlamzGlitz - General Artist | DeviantArt
I joined that site in 2017, and I got saved in 2019. So, there has been some stuff that I had to get rid of, such as some art that I made, and I had to delete some of my favorites, to show God that I didn't like such things anymore. I favorited fanart of this one character that I used to have a crush on, and I don't like him anymore because he was a demon and yada yada yada. Do I think he's real, no, not really. (I was making fun of my tendency to worry about silly things). Anyways, I think (and I hope) that I got rid of all my favorites of him. I got rid of some fanart last year but there was a lot so I took a very long break. There is more stuff that I need to get rid of and I will after I make this post, but there is some stuff that I'm a bit... Iffy about. I'm not going to go into detail, please don't ask me what I'm talking about but there is something I want to delete, but I don't know if I should search them up because I think it's a sin to view the things I want to get rid of. I want to get rid of them, but how can I do so without sinning?

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I joined that site in 2017, and I got saved in 2019. So, there has been some stuff that I had to get rid of, such as some art that I made, and I had to delete some of my favorites, to show God that I didn't like such things anymore. I favorited fanart of this one character that I used to have a crush on, and I don't like him anymore because he was a demon and yada yada yada. Do I think he's real, no, not really. (I was making fun of my tendency to worry about silly things). Anyways, I think (and I hope) that I got rid of all my favorites of him. I got rid of some fanart last year but there was a lot so I took a very long break. There is more stuff that I need to get rid of and I will after I make this post, but there is some stuff that I'm a bit... Iffy about. I'm not going to go into detail, please don't ask me what I'm talking about but there is something I want to delete, but I don't know if I should search them up because I think it's a sin to view the things I want to get rid of. I want to get rid of them, but how can I do so without sinning?
If the context is to delete it, you are not sinning while looking at it.

Its a necessary technicality, nothing more.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not going to go into detail, please don't ask me what I'm talking about but there is something I want to delete, but I don't know if I should search them up because I think it's a sin to view the things I want to get rid of. I want to get rid of them, but how can I do so without sinning?
If you pray about it and press forward, you can be given enough grace to see the image you are about to remove without sinning. If you fail, press on and remove it anyway. God will see the removal as obedience, just confess your stumbling as sin during/after.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't you just delete the whole "folder"?
It is written..."Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1 Thes 5:22)

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Jesus is sweeter than macarons.
Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Can't you just delete the whole "folder"?
It is written..."Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1 Thes 5:22)
I don't really have organized collections of my favorites, only of one collection. So the images that I wanted to get rid of were more or less "scattered", the desktop version of Deviantart has a feature where you can search up which favorites you have, whether it's of a character or show, and that's what I did.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not all of us can get rid of everything at once. Its like one person trying to take on an army. For some people God might wipe out that army all at once. For others he might take out a few soldiers at a time

I started with an army full of problems....selfishness, pride, cigarettes, weed, alcohol, cocaine, innappropriate videos, negative rap music

I still am stuck in sin but only a few bondages are left. Im free from some of the most deadly ones like hard drugs and alcohol. I dont even enjoy drinking at all anymore

God changes our heart and it doesnt happen overnight for most of us. It sounds like if your not ready to delete more pictures, your very close to being ready and you may not be where you want to be yet but clearly you have grown with God so thats something to be very thankful for

Upvote 0

WDSobieski

Remember you're still loved!
Mar 25, 2020
Hessen
✟26,485.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If removing it makes you more comfortable, just delete and don't look back.

I just don't care about it anymore, like deleting old favourites and playlists which contain stuff which might be disturbing or not very "Christian". Personally I don't feel disturbed or guilty (not just jokingly in the phrase guilty pleasure, similar to eating a family pack of chips which is quite harmless) when doing this as I clearly know it isn't appropriate and must to be removed. While I might be ok with these more questionable stuff since don’t do anything to me, this doesnt automatically apply to others well. It's just fiction and even somebody wishes to remove it from their favourite list, don't get too guilty about it after all as you've cut them off from your lives. Even among Christians their threshold levels differ very greatly, some people have no problem reading some very dark literature/ listening to brutal death metal music, while some would be alarmed by a kiss scene or a single swear word at an otherwise very harmless film. Yet it’s something very personal and I’m not going to meddle in.

To be honest one thing bugs me about CF is people here are a bit too sensitive and having a lapse of it when deleting it. It's also bad news on how to bridge non-Christians and reaching them, as this further strengthen negative stereotypes. (like whiny, reactionary, easily-offended and fragile... no offends but just gathering some of the not too great perceptions, I believe Christians should be strong-minded and the devil is after all much weaker than God)It's like removing toxic people or former friends on your FB friend list, unless it's something so sick that might stir up bad memories, it's often a relieving act. To be a really frank probably many people over here might have gallons of bleach sitting in their rooms, due to the sheer amount of stuff ranging from really obscene (many non-Christians also agree!) to what they perceive as "sinful", and the threshold can be extremely low.

Edit: Spelling and formatting since I was on mobile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0