• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.”

after reading this verse I feel so scared since my mind convinces me that everything is a sin because of OCD even though I know it’s not a sin. I know these things aren’t sins but my mind still overthinks and doubts. But what made me even more scared was when I looked it up and saw someone say that if you do something that you have doubts over but know that it’s not a sin, you’re still sinning. I feel so afraid right now. Someone please help
This is one verse without the context. If I doubt and eat even though the Lord does not want me to eat, I have sinned. More people die prematurely of obesity than of starvation in America.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people with OCD get hung up on this verse, I think. I'm not entirely sure about it myself, but my current opinion is that it's not really referring to obsessive doubt (which is more like an illness) but rather more of a true conviction.

Upvote 0