• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Delete This Topic

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Wayholka, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayholka

Wayholka A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+11,521
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:57 PM
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Supporter

+3,532
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    1Ch_23:25 For David said, The LORD God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever:

Rev_5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Psa_37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psa_37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psa_37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

Mat_5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Job_19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
    Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
    Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
    Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
    Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
    Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
    Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
    Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
    Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
    Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
    Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
    Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
    Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

It is not man who will go to heaven to dwell with the Father and Jesus in the eternity but the Father and Jesus dwelling with Man upon the Earth!

Heaven is the temporary dwelling place for God, angels and the spirits of the dead saints. The eternal home for all is the Earth.

3. THE W

THE W BORN APRIL 29TH 2012

+2,069
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    there will be no losers in heaven.

the inequalities of the world are the result of fallen man manifested through greed. won't exist in the kingdom of God.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. Wayholka

+11,521
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal Supporter

+1,506
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    There will be a hierarchy of sorts, but it will be one where we are all comfortable with our station, wherever it happens to be.

To the OP: don't strive after these rewards. Just follow the Spirit's leading to the best of your ability. :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Wayholka

+11,521
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate

7. THE W

THE W BORN APRIL 29TH 2012

+2,069
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    there can be hierarchies without disenfranchisement and inequalities. it's all about how those at the top treat those under them.

we'll be in good hands with the LORD.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member since 2005 Supporter

+882
    United States
    Baptist
    Private
    Here are links to some articles that I hope will be of help:

https://www.equip.org/bible_answers/are-there-degrees-of-reward-in-heaven/
    What is the purpose of there being rewards in heaven?
    What is the Judgment Seat of Christ / Bema Seat of Christ?
    Rewards In Heaven – Grace thru faith
    Rewards At The Bema Judgment – Grace thru faith
    Money And Status In Heaven – Grace thru faith

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,408
    Christian
    Married

You my dear brother need to ponder on Hebrews 4:1-13, entering God's rest. No doing works down here to gain bonus to our salvation i'm no believer in. i see the whole thing as relational. A relationship with the Father and The Son through Spirit is how that works. Doing things can so easily turn around and treat us like Martha when she was so busy serving the Lord that she did hear what He had to say.

God wants you to grow in Him and that happens when we love God and our neighbour. When we actively love then we don't burn out but work out of Christ's rest knowing the boundaries. However the more we focus on doing the more we need to focus on love, but usually it goes not like that. Also when we are busy working to gain are we working for Jesus or just for ourselves?

So we work for free because we love to not because we have to.

For you it is to enter God's rest first of all. Every day we need to do that again deliberately step into His rest and let His love motivate us to good deeds.

Stepping into His rest would heal you brother. Understand that salvation is through grace not through works. The only works God wants you to do are the ones He has determined you would do because of your own freewill. Grow love where demand used to be and grow free in Christ again brother to want to love again. Such a pity to hear your creative side lies fallen, i really suffer there as well. Not depression but medications are guilty though in my life.

Not sure if i shared this poem with you before but it goes about the freedom we have as God's chosen to experience good life again through His love.

Peace

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
    you to conform to rules or demand
    which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
    The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
    True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
    In His love everything is good proper and kind.
    He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
    His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
    His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
    Leave whatever ties you down and be free
    loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
    how long will you tarry in the darkness?
    Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
    be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
    or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
    hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
    or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
    Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
    and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
    All bad life will be our shameful past then,
    so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+3,643
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I went through a period myself where I was greatly concerned about my position and rewards in Heaven. Throughout my walk with God, I went through a long valley experience in which I was focused completely on my self and my own problems, shortcomings, etc. I could have instead been using that time to pursue a ministry, use my talents to help others and other things to further God's kingdom. I honestly felt (and to some extent still do) like my position in Heaven would be on the lower end of the spectrum, and my rewards few.

But, lately I've just developed a peace about all of it. I don't know how everything will work, but it's not an ultimate need for me anymore to have a high position or many rewards. God is now my ultimate reward, and is all I need.

Something that comes to mind is when the poor widow gave everything she had as an offering (Mark 12:41-44). Jesus stated that she gave more than even the rich people who donated so much more. I think this is a great picture for how God judges us. I think we do indeed have a skewed view of rewards in Heaven - God states that the first will be last, and the last will be first (Matthew 20:16).

One thing that also comes to mind is a testimony I heard awhile back from a pastor (although, I can't recall offhand who it was). Irrc: He was staying at a hotel, and took notice of the bellhop who carried his luggage. The bellhop - in between helping patrons with luggage - would sometimes go over and pray over meetings taking place in the hotel meeting room, so that they would go well. That was his ministry, and hardly anyone knew him or what he was doing. God ministered to the pastor that his reward would be greater than the pastors, or even those with the most successful ministries. The pastor was so touched at his humility, that he accepted that the bellhops position could be even greater than his in Heaven. I don't remember it all exactly, but that was the gist of it. The way we think about rewards and position is backwards in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+3,643
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I've also seen how God has been working in you Way, and how your relationship with Him has been growing lately. Your reward and position may very well be far greater than you realize.

12. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+4,337
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    You have an unhealthy interpretation of it. What you described are gluttony and foolishness, neither of which will earn you a reward in Heaven. So you need to step back, and assess what got you thinking this way to motivate this behavior. Yes, there's unequal rewards in Heaven. How did you get from that to gaining 50 pounds and letting people walk all over you?
    No. In fact, I would say many pursuits leave us at a disadvantage in terms of Heavenly rewards.

I really hope not. The reason inequality in Heaven exists is people do different things in life, and some things yield more rewards than others.
    I don't know what you did, and I don't particularly want to know. This means I can't say what counted and what didn't. However, God can and will use any and every circumstance to benefit either you or at least one other believer in some way (Rom 8:28). This includes your mistakes.

13. Sketcher

+4,337
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Because there's no need for it (Rev 21:3-4).

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member since 2005 Supporter

+882
    United States
    Baptist
    Private
    And when it comes to things like rewards and such, always remember 1 Corinthians 13:3;

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.​

15. Wayholka

+11,521
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate

16. Sketcher

+4,337
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    My country has a lot of preachers. Which ones specifically were you listening to? What denominations were they? Because your interpretation is not what my church has preached in the years I have been there. My church has been a healing church for ministry workers who have burned out, there is an emphasis on sharing the load. What you are describing is taking service to an extreme that most American Christians I have talked to don't come within miles of.

17. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal Supporter

+1,506
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Once you catch your breath, success is not a problem; taking on unnecessary responsibility is. Work smarter, not harder.

Trying to earn a living is a good thing. Trying to make your first million before such a date is striving and will cause the burnout that you have described. (I was unemployed/under-employed for most of my adult life. I only found out, at 45, that I have autism.)

Jesus said that if we walk with Him, that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. If you strive after Heavenly rewards, you will feel the same burnout.

"‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6 NKJV

18. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+18,109
    Anglican
    Married
    I would suggest becoming a faithful member of some church in which the Bible is constantly preached and expounded upon, and give up the idea that gathering some opinions from here or there on the internet is a good substitute. Even the Bible itself cautions against trying to learn the faith and grow in it while remaining distanced from the community of believers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,104
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Consider this teaching:

Luke 9

The Greatest in the Kingdom
    (Matthew 18:1-6; Mark 9:33-37)

46Then an argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47But Jesus, knowing the thoughts of their hearts, had a little child stand beside Him. 48And He said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in My name welcomes Me, and whoever welcomes Me welcomes the One who sent Me. For whoever is the least among all of you, he is the greatest.”

ANY teaching(s) no matter where they come from should be compared and verified with the Word of God to see if true.

Acts 17:11

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

One needs to spend a lot of time with God by self-study in His Word. I'd recommend you take this approach. Rather than watching videos, spend that time in Gods Word and in prayer. His written word is the main way He communicates with mankind. Always pray before opening His word and ask Him to send His Holy Spirit to guide you through it. Study daily.

You seem very frustrated. Perhaps begin your study with resting in Him. When one receives Christ, He begins His work in you (rest in that fact) ... it is not your work. He leads, you follow. How do you follow? By learning all about Him and His ways through His written word and this learning continues through-out your lifetime here on earth.

You will mess up here and there. When you do ... confess and repent, knowing He is quick to forgive ... rest in His forgiveness and move forward with Him leading.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Satan attacks believers all the time with the "you are not good enough" and there is nothing you can do mind set. Reject this defeating mind set. You have Christ!

With Christ ... HE IS "good enough" (far beyond that) and through His sacrifice, His righteousness is imputed to believers through their faith in Him.

2 Corinthians 12:9

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

Ephesians 3:16

I pray that out of the riches of His glory He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being ... AMEN!

God Bless.

20. Wayholka

+11,521
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status: