timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Many Christians I know doesn't want the Lord to come yet. This belief contradicts the teaching of 2 Peter 3:12

They want to delay chiefly for two reasons:
- They have a good life and wants to experience a "full life" in this world. (The Bible gives plenty warnings against this mindset)
- They think if the Lord delays His coming, more souls will be saved.

However, I think, this is not how the Lord, nor spirirtual realm works. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for proselyting (doing missions / winning people to their beliefs) without giving a 2nd thought to the things the believe in.

Ironically, the Pharisees, despite their good intentions, are rather deceiving people into false teachings, rather than bringing them to the Lord. They don't know this.

Ironically, it sounded like us - Pharisees. Lovers of worldly things and like a blind leading another blind.

2 Peter 3:12
as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is equally true there are many who hate their lives (for reasons outside of faith) who long for Christ’s coming to escape their pain.

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. —Psalm 90:12

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many Christians I know doesn't want the Lord to come yet. This belief contradicts the teaching of 2 Peter 3:12

- They have a good life and wants to experience a "full life" in this world. (The Bible gives plenty warnings against this mindset)
That comes from what Peter also wrote just 3 verses before verse 12.
However, I think, this is not how the Lord, nor spirirtual realm works. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for proselyting (doing missions / winning people to their beliefs) without giving a 2nd thought to the things the believe in.

Ironically, the Pharisees, despite their good intentions, are rather deceiving people into false teachings, rather than bringing them to the Lord. They don't know this.

Ironically, it sounded like us - Pharisees. Lovers of worldly things and like a blind leading another blind.

as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
2 Pet.3:9 The LORD is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

So, delay is according to God.. not any of us. Peter wrote to those who wanted the day of the Lord's coming to arrive quickly. Explaining why it will not come quickly.

That was roughly two thousand years ago.. and here we are still in the church age. But, the day of the Lord's coming is closer now than it was then.

But, there is yet to be the seven year Tribulation, then the messianic millennium.. and then after that will occur vs 12.

look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
So for those that you say don't want the Lord to come yet.. tell them that they've got a thousand and seven years.. plenty of time.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That comes from what Peter also wrote just 3 verses before verse 12.

2 Pet.3:9 The LORD is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

So, delay is according to God.. not any of us. Peter wrote to those who wanted the day of the Lord's coming to arrive quickly. Explaining why it will not come quickly.

That was roughly two thousand years ago.. and here we are still in the church age. But, the day of the Lord's coming is closer now than it was then.

But, there is yet to be the seven year Tribulation, then the messianic millennium.. and then after that will occur vs 12.

look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
So for those that you say don't want the Lord to come yet.. tell them that they've got a thousand and seven years.. plenty of time.

I think some of the accounts of Revelation have happened already, including the "Two witnesses".

The Beast, the mark of the AntiChrist.

Upon very careful observation, they become apparent. The Bible implies not everyone will take notice of the signs. So it's likely many will be caught by surprise.

The "destruction" of the Earth as Peter and other parts of the Bible describes it, (the mountains melt with fervent heat, the sky rolls apart like a scroll and the stars wither away...).

Describe a very massive explosion, like that of a nuclear weapon exploding - the blinding flash, makes the stars and heavenly bodies disappear, the massive blast wave condensation makes it look like the sky is rolling up like a scroll... The intense heat / blast waves, levels mountains. Not a mere atomic bomb but something much larger.

Probably a violent impact with a large rock from space. "The Day of the Lord"

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I gotta be honest, while I'm not afraid of dying, I do like to serve the Lord and therefore enjoy my time here :)

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think some of the accounts of Revelation have happened already, including the "Two witnesses".

The "destruction" of the Earth as Peter and other parts of the Bible describes it, (the mountains melt with fervent heat, the sky rolls apart like a scroll and the stars wither away...).

Describe a very massive explosion, like that of a nuclear weapon exploding.

Asteroid?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Asteroid?

It will very likely involve a "blinding flash" of light to make the stars and sun "wither" from view.

So yes, either a big rock from space or for some reason, someone makes a really huge nuclear explosive and detonates it....Or nuclear armageddon.

A large asteroid / comet entering the atmosphere at high speed would indeed make a very intense flash of light that would certainly emit lots of radiant heat, melt / vaporize everything in the line of sight.

Kinda looks like this real life footage of the world's largest man-made explosion (1:17 minutes into the video):

Clearly shows the sky seems to roll apart like a scroll (1:40 minute mark), the blinding flash overwhelms the sky. The ground surface beneath the explosion literally melted / turned into ash.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Anti-christ has to show up to the notice of the whole world before the two witnesses arrive. The Anti-christ has to persecute the saints, and send the Jews fleeing to the wilderness before the two witnesses arrive.

Upon very careful observation, they become apparent. The Bible implies not everyone will take notice of the signs. So it's likely many will be caught by surprise.
Revelation stated that concerning a particular church. But if they read in Revelation concerning the rebuke and admonition of Jesus.. then they need only read the entire book to prepare for and recognize the signs.

As for the prophesied events.. in this day and age of the media on every available technology... I think people would have to be hiding under a rock to not know.

Describe a very massive explosion, like that of a nuclear weapon exploding - the blinding flash, makes the stars and heavenly bodies disappear, the massive blast wave condensation makes it look like the sky is rolling up like a scroll... The intense heat / blast waves, levels mountains. Not a mere atomic bomb but something much larger.
I've seen the videos. The stars don't wither away. But the air directly above the impact point rises upward like a mushroom. The air is seen to actually back away from the explosion area of effect.

There's only one place in Revelation that describes a nuclear bomb going off. The actual geographical location is unknown.

On the other hand, if an explosion occurs inside a mountain due to piled up explosives.. then the explosion would be more like the volcano blast of Mount St. Helens 1980. With or without the pyroclastic billows of clouds.
Probably a violent impact with a large rock from space. "The Day of the Lord"
The Revelation indicates that the mountain sized, and the smaller sized "rocks".. or what we know as asteroids become meteors.. to both impact into bodies of water.

Only those near those waters, and those who survive will know the degree of devastation of that. Perhaps similar to tsunami's such as the one in 2004 at the Indonesian island of Sumatra , and 2012 in Northeastern Japan.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It will very likely involve a "blinding flash" of light to make the stars and sun "wither" from view.

So yes, either a big rock from space or for some reason, someone makes a really huge nuclear explosive and detonates it....Or nuclear armageddon.

A large asteroid / comet entering the atmosphere at high speed would indeed make a very intense flash of light that would certainly emit lots of radiant heat, melt / vaporize everything in the line of sight.

Kinda looks like this real life footage of the world's largest man-made explosion (1:17 minutes into the video):

Clearly shows the sky seems to roll apart like a scroll (1:40 minute mark), the blinding flash overwhelms the sky. The ground surface beneath the explosion literally melted / turned into ash.

I found this just now on the weather channel, an asteroid in Australia:

Meteor Turns Night to Day in Southern Australia | The Weather Channel

So a large event would definitely fit.

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Anti-christ has to show up to the notice of the whole world before the two witnesses arrive. The Anti-christ has to persecute the saints, and send the Jews fleeing to the wilderness before the two witnesses arrive.

This one happened in the "fall of Jerusalem" so the Roman Empire is the AntiChrist.

The Roman Empire is still very much alive today. You see the world governments, the endemic use of Latin, Roman Art in seats of power and money.

This is why Jesus and the Saints taught, don't love the world, don't love money or you'll fall into a deception.

As for the prophesied events.. in this day and age of the media on every available technology... I think people would have to be hiding under a rock to not know.

Mass deception of the AntiChrist could make people blind to these events.

Some are very likely to have happened already. The only thing that remains is the destruction of our world (possibly resulting to the extinction of mankind).

I've seen the videos. The stars don't wither away. But the air directly above the impact point rises upward like a mushroom. The air is seen to actually back away from the explosion area of effect.

Can we see stars during daytime?

It will happen at night. If something like a nuclear explosion or a huge asteroid creates a blinding flash in the night skies, the stars would obviously disappear from view.

Rarefaction cause by massive blastwaves would also refract light, if any stars or heavenly body is still visible, they will appear to wither or fall down to the ground because of the refraction by the blast waves.

For someone seeing this in a vision, a man who has no idea about nuclear weapons or probably never seen a large rock come to Earth from space. That's about exactly the things he would say in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I gotta be honest, while I'm not afraid of dying, I do like to serve the Lord and therefore enjoy my time here :)

Don’t you mean you aren’t afraid to die but you’re afraid of dying? ;)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one can delay the Lord’s coming if that were the case it would make God a subject to us. I’ve heard many “prophets” and other people talk about we’re delaying God coming but in my opinion that doesn’t make any sense.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Not one single scripture teaches that antichrist does any of these things.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different Biblical Character?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one can delay the Lord’s coming
Correct. The Day was fixed in time from the foundation of the world.
Acts 17:31
Even God can't change or delay it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not one single scripture teaches that antichrist does any of these things.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different Biblical Character?
This is too easy to prove you wrong.

Recorded in Revelation
chapt.6:1 The antichrist arrives.
chapt.6:9-11 the persecution/deaths of the saints
chapt.12:6 the woman (Israel mrk.13:14-19; dan.9:27, 12:11-12) flees to the wilderness

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is too easy to prove you wrong.

Recorded in Revelation
chapt.6:1 The antichrist arrives.
chapt.6:9-11 the persecution/deaths of the saints
chapt.12:6 the woman (Israel mrk.13:14-19; dan.9:27, 12:11-12) flees to the wilderness

Really?
Ok, Lets examine and see if "Antichrist" is mentioned in any of those verses:

6:1
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Nope. No antichrist mentioned.

6:9
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Nope. No anichrist mentioned here either.

12:6
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Nope, once again, No antichtist mentioned here either.

Again, perhaps you are thinking of a different Biblical person?
Because none of these verses mentions (much less PROVES) antichrist does any of these things.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really?
Ok, Lets examine and see if "Antichrist" is mentioned in any of those verses:
You are introducing a qualifier in order to argue your case... Your argument is with the author of the Revelation, not me.
6:1
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Nope. No antichrist mentioned.
My typo of verse 1 was meant to be verse 2. But I refer you to any prophecy teacher and his article(s) identifying the person to be the Antichrist.

If you disagree, then do so with them, not me.
6:9
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Nope. No anichrist mentioned here either.
You are so focused in proving me wrong concerning a mention of the Antichrist that you ignored that the verse is concerning the events that I mentioned which would have to take place before the two witnesses arrived.

I'll just make it easier for you. The word/name of "Antichrist" is not in the book of Revelation. But mentioned only in I John (2:18 and 22; 4:3) and once in II John (v.7).

However, it would be a sign of lack of understanding the scriptures to think that the Antichrist isn't spoken of at all in the Revelation.
12:6
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Nope, once again, No antichtist mentioned here either.
Another example of your not having had your brain engaged when responding to my post. Rev.12:6 is the scripture reference of one of the events I spoke in the pertinent post of what would have to take place before the two witnesses would come.
Again, perhaps you are thinking of a different Biblical person?
Because none of these verses mentions (much less PROVES) antichrist does any of these things.
You haven't proved any of your statements to be true. But you've only proved that you use implications that have no basis in the Bible. If you think that I've proved little.. then you only demonstrated to have proved less than you think that I have.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No one can delay the Lord’s coming if that were the case it would make God a subject to us. I’ve heard many “prophets” and other people talk about we’re delaying God coming but in my opinion that doesn’t make any sense.

Yes, I don't think we can delay the Lord's coming.

But many Christians don't seem to want the Lord to come soon. They would rather see their kids grow up and have family of their own and have grand kids. Others have other reasons but still worldly in a sense.

I think they love their children or some things in the world more than the Lord.... Doesn't the Bible tells us NOT to do that?

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I don't think we can delay the Lord's coming.

But many Christians don't seem to want the Lord to come soon. They would rather see their kids grow up and have family of their own and have grand kids. Others have other reasons but still worldly in a sense.

I think they love their children or some things in the world more than the Lord.... Doesn't the Bible tells us NOT to do that?

I personally, wish God would come tomorrow. All the things of this world and experiences are fleeting when compared to heaven and being with him.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0