May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The following is the age-old Bar-Kokhba Revolt perspective as it now relates to "Drafting Yeshiva Bochurim In Israel" (www.jewswithquestions.com). This is Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro's concluding thread summation ...

"Tanach in Israel is like soccer - a national sport. (Except that they treat soccer with more reverence.) It would be a big Mitzvah for them if they were to leave Tanach alone. They have corrupted it, distorted it - like the Christians for example - and, like the Christians reconstitute it and make it into a text for Christianity, the Zionists do the same thing and make it into a text for Zionism. The Tanach would be very grateful if they would stop molesting it.

For example, Ben Gurion, in his "shiurim" on Tanach which he gave bi-weekly in his home to a by-invitation-only audience of celebrities and other such "dignitaries", said that the Jew were in Eretz Yisroel before Avraham went there - that Avraham was attracted to them, so he went there. Eventually the Jews ended up slaves in Egypt (according to Moshe Dayan's "commentary" on Tanach, they - quote - "deserved" it because they left Eretz Yisroel), and after a few generations - not 200 years - Moshe led them out of Egypt (Hashem is not mentioned of course) and brought them to meet their brother Jews in Eretz Yisroel.

His motive was to "establish" the Zionists' rights to the land as being its most ancient inhabitants.

This is just one example of many. The Zionists did to Tanach worse than the Christians did. At least the Christians believe it G-d-given. To the Zionists, Tanach is a cultural thing. From their official website (משרד החינוך - דף הבית)"
גזירת שמד - Drafting Yeshiva Bochurim In Israel - Page 2 - Eretz Yisroel

Are there notable "Degrees of Separation" favoring either (1) or (2) within Israell and American Messianic Communities or does Messianic Judaism for the most part take a Middle-of-the-Road approach with respect to:
  • (1) The Anti-Zionist sentiment of Rabbi Shapiro and that of Orthodox Judaism in America and Israel.
  • (2) The Zionist zeal for the rights of the State of Israel as represented by Benjamin Netanyahu's views.
As far as "Degrees of Separation" is it fair to say that Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro's anti-zionist views represent both Orthodox Jewry in America as well as Israel ?

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Moshe Dayan contemplated destroying the Dome of the Rock almost constantly after the 67 7 day war, but he said something unexplainable kept him from it.
There's probably nothing Dayan would have liked better to do than see the Temple Mount swept clean after gentile/pagan foreigners destruction of Solomon's and Herod's Temple and the demise of the then Nation of Israel. If that wasn't enough incentive then nearly two thousand years of Gentiles treading on Jerusalem. We can only imagine the inner turmoil brewing in Dayan's emotions.

Would Dayan have gone so far as to destroy both the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Asqa Mosgue on the Temple Mount? That was his dilemma ... destroy the Dome of the Rock; while leaving the Al-Asqa Mosque intact?

If it were left up to cultural Zionists like Dayan and Netanyahu a 3rd Temple would never be built on the Temple Mount if it was only going to further infuriate their Muslim neighbors. Isn't that a similar sentiment with Orthodox Jews in Israel and worldwide ... they don't want to rock the boat.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's probably nothing Dayan would have liked better to do than see the Temple Mount swept clean after gentile/pagan foreigners destruction of Solomon's and Herod's Temple and the demise of the then Nation of Israel. If that wasn't enough incentive then nearly two thousand years of Gentiles treading on Jerusalem. We can only imagine the inner turmoil brewing in Dayan's emotions.

Would Dayan have gone so far as to destroy both the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Asqa Mosgue on the Temple Mount? That was his dilemma ... destroy the Dome of the Rock; while leaving the Al-Asqa Mosque intact?

If it were left up to cultural Zionists like Dayan and Netanyahu a 3rd Temple would never be built on the Temple Mount if it was only going to further infuriate their Muslim neighbors. Isn't that a similar sentiment with Orthodox Jews in Israel and worldwide ... they don't want to rock the boat.

I was just saying at the time Moshe (who I admired greatly) was bullet proof and the article I read about his mindset was fearless . He seemed 99.9% determined to clear the thing off without regard to outside influence at all, he even commented he couldn't understand why himself, and what held him back from clearing the Temple Mount .. I searched for the article to post but couldn't find it again . Of course I believe it was just another in a series of miraculous events from God for Israel . It just wasn't Gods time .
While I personally believe the Temple of God is individual ''born again'' Christians both Jew and gentile, I also believe there will be a third Jewish Temple built fulfilling End Time prophecy concerning the abomination of desolation, and God turning back to the Jews when the time of the gentiles come to a close .. I also think that like Moshe and Netanyahu thought/think they are in the drivers seat they are only in parallel with Gods plan while he does the driving . Please don't take offense but I have little regard for the Talmud or uninspired Rabbi's except their knowledge of the Torah and my love of Jews and Israel .
imo Rabbi Shipiro is just another talking head speaking from a safe place .2000 yrs and the Rabbi thinks he can reason uninspired now ? Muslims are being converted by the boatloads to Christ but others like leopards will never be able to change their spots and forever will seek the destruction of Israel with no true peace.. God bless Israel and Ishmael too through Jacob and Christ .. It is written that all nations will be gathered together in opposition to Israel , peace declared then the End . Then the new beginning with no more enemies ever .. Amen ..

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private

There was no turmoil. On the day the Old City was taken an Israeli flag was raised over the Temple Mount(if I remember correctly). Dayan had it removed without hesitation, the moment he saw it. Something to do with antagonizing the Arabs. The truth to be told is that that generation of the original builders of the modern state were not confident that the state would survive. It is unfair to blame them for being timid in the view of their realities. Things look different from the perspective of time and the benefit of hindsight. The original Zionist literally fought for their own survival. I would never blame them for exercising caution. Let us keep in mind that a fair portion of the "pious" Jews were not too excited about the creation of the modern State of Israel, some outright opposed it. We can now see how wrong they were, don't we?

Upvote 0