Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of an older issue that numerous people discussed way back when. When a husband had a bad day at work he goes home and takes out his frustrations on the wife because he can't do anything about his boss and work environment.

Basically it's the same thing except it's much safer and socially acceptable to blame things on the POTUS.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This reminds me of an older issue that numerous people discussed way back when. When a husband had a bad day at work he goes home and takes out his frustrations on the wife because he can't do anything about his boss and work environment.

Basically it's the same thing except it's much safer and socially acceptable to blame things on the POTUS.
So blaming the president for his actions is the same as beating or denigrating or being rude to your wife.

Get out of here with your gaslighting nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So blaming the president for his actions is the same as beating or denigrating or being rude to your wife.

Get out of here with your gaslighting nonsense.
I agree with you, they aren't the same.
What you believe I said isn't there. Read it again, I'm pointing out that the motivation is the same but they are two different kinds of bad behavior.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I agree with you, they aren't the same.
You'll forgive me if I quote your EXACT words then:
"Basically it's the same thing except it's much safer and socially acceptable to blame things on the POTUS"
See how you originally said it's the "same thing" and then you explained what the same thing was: the BEHAVIOUR and not some back tracking about "motivation". Own your words guy.
What you believe I said isn't there. Read it again, I'm pointing out that the motivation is the same but they are two different kinds of bad behavior.
I'm not going to harp on your terrible communication as I feel I've made the point about your EXACT words.

Now, on to your point:
What the heck are you even talking about the "motivation is the same"???
In your example, one guy is complaining about his boss. We don't know how bad his boss is. Maybe the dude is a whiner.
OR
Maybe the dude's boss is a raging mysogynist who grabs female employees by their genitals, maybe he's an abusive capricious leader who constantly lies to keep employees on their toes (and then blames them when they don't understand what he means), maybe his boss is taking part in insider trading or other illegal business practices, maybe he teases the guy in a wheelchair in your office, or maybe when the office manager's husband just returned home from duty after getting his legs blown off, he makes a comment on how a REAL soldier would have been able to identify that there was a landmine there. Maybe he's hiding his affairs with his secretaries and other prostitues from his wife by bringing them to the office. Maybe he's trading company information to their competitors for pay offs.

Long story short: Maybe this boss is a TERRIBLE, terrible boss. Maybe the motivation for complaining to his wife is because he no longer knows how to handle working for such an incompetent, dishonest, mean spirited twonk.

And Trump DID things wrong. There are plenty of witnesses to him doing those things wrong. So, are we not supposed to hold presidents to account for anything anymore? With Trump it started with social decorum; things like grabbing women's genitals and making fun of handicapped people by imitating them was able to be rationalized as "it's okay.....I mean it's basically okay". Now, even the Constitution can get dismissed. Trump supporters have no standard of behaviour for him.

Shameful.

TL-DR: You weren't talking about "motivations" in your original post and there was ABSOLUTELY no way an english native speaker would have picked up on that.
Regardless, the "motivations" you talk about are a red herring at best; confusing and nonsensical at their worst.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You'll forgive me if I quote your EXACT words then:
"Basically it's the same thing except it's much safer and socially acceptable to blame things on the POTUS"
See how you originally said it's the "same thing" and then you explained what the same thing was: the BEHAVIOUR and not some back tracking about "motivation". Own your words guy.

See how I said "Basically". Fundamentally the motivation for those two different types of behavior come from the same place. Are they the same, of course not. So I will forgive you, I did not understand how easy it is misinterpret things other people say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
See how I said "Basically". Fundamentally the motivation for those two different types of behavior come from the same place. Are they the same, of course not. So I will forgive you, I did not understand how easy it is misinterpret things other people say.
basically" is referring to the behaviours you compare later in the sentence NOT motivation which isn't mentioned in your post.

I don't see why you have to forgive ME for your poor communication

Can you break it down for me? What do you see as the motivation? State it nice and clearly so I dont misinterpret.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Can you break it down for me? What do you see as the motivation? State it nice and clearly so I dont misinterpret.
The motivation stems from how Donald Trump reacts to people. He is the kind of "boss" that will get under the skin of people who don't like how he does his job. So they do whatever they can to shovel his mud back at him. Like after about 3 years of the Presidency it's obvious that he's perfectly fine in the mud. As to the question who started it, it's like which came first the chicken or the egg? Politics has always had its' share of being a dirt pen in one way or another.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The motivation stems from how Donald Trump reacts to people. He is the kind of "boss" that will get under the skin of people who don't like how he does his job. So they do whatever they can to shovel his mud back at him. Like after about 3 years of the Presidency it's obvious that he's perfectly fine in the mud. As to the question who started it, it's like which came first the chicken or the egg? Politics has always had its' share of being a dirt pen in one way or another.
"Don't like how he does his job". It's not we don't like it. He's objectively bad leader and, quite frankly immoral. Some policies of his I simply disagree with. But he is objectively a terrible boss. He grabs female genitalia and creeps out 14yr old miss universe contestants. He has no skills in leadership or negotiation. But he is adept at playing the media, in his juvenile way.
You mention it's how Trump reacts to people: no! You missed the boat. It's how Trump treats people and things to begin with. It's not a REaction, it's his action.

Again, your "motivation" comparison is simply off as it negates the behaviour of the boss to little more than an after thought; An inconsequential "difference of opinion ".

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But he is objectively a terrible boss.
Objectively we, you, I, and every other person on the face of this planet are just as terrible as he is with politics especially, also with life in general. In different ways. Romans 3:10-12

It's like when a person points a finger at someone else they're not thinking about the three fingers pointing back.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wow - I open the forum today and judging from the amount of frantic threads from Mountainbob, the right wing mediasphere must be in panic mode..... ^_^

“Look....SQUIRREL...!!”

Upvote 0