• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Deep depression.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I want to reach out for help,simple help.Today I don’t know why,perhaps a lack of sleep,I’ve been down in the dumps all day,depressed to say the least,I lack motivation to pray,and seem very gloomy.I even have been tempted with the very thing I fear the most,apostasy.Which I refuse,saying to God in small prayers “I’ll never leave you Jesus” however I’m worried I have committed apostasy and am forever condemned,as I read on a site called Salvation Call,but it seems that in the state I’m in that isn’t as scary as it usually is,which worries me more that I’m not WORRIED!.I’ve experienced depression before,but not like this.I admit on my part not staying consistent in Bible reading.But right now im very depressed and worried about leaving the lord.Even this past week I’ve been having thoughts of “religion and Jesus is ridiculous” or “Jesus is a joke” and I don’t want to think these among others.

Last edited:

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not downplaying depression ...it's a serious matter.
~But~
Make yourself a list of things to be thankful for and focus on that ...It's virtually impossible to be thankful and depressed at the same time.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The best treatment for depression is the hardest thing to do when you are depressed. That is get busy doing anything especially first thing in the morning. Like I have a coffee and play my game for an hour when I get up. It's a routine. I get busy with my list of stuff to do after that with varying success but I make sure and do at least one thing outside of the house. Even if it's just going to the grocery store. Getting out in public and making yourself presentable does wonders for a depressed mood.

Depression can be all-consuming I know from experience. Doing some of these things has helped me reduce depression and anxiety symptoms though it's no cure. Basically, the more time you spend with people who care about you, the better the depression seems to get. Boredom is a depression supercharger for me. When I sit around too long, I start to feel like a lump.

I will pray for you. Try to get out in the sun or just the fresh air if there is no sun where you are.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Show me the difference between my thinking and your thinking"
Is often a good prayer for me, when I know my thinking is bad
Help another if you can, and talk with others who are good for you if you can
Contact also helps

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I want to reach out for help,simple help.Today I don’t know why,perhaps a lack of sleep,I’ve been down in the dumps all day,depressed to say the least,I lack motivation to pray,and seem very gloomy.I even have been tempted with the very thing I fear the most,apostasy.Which I refuse,saying to God in small prayers “I’ll never leave you Jesus” however I’m worried I have committed apostasy and am forever condemned,as I read on a site called Salvation Call,but it seems that in the state I’m in that isn’t as scary as it usually is,which worries me more that I’m not WORRIED!.I’ve experienced depression before,but not like this.I admit on my part not staying consistent in Bible reading.But right now im very depressed and worried about leaving the lord.Even this past week I’ve been having thoughts of “religion and Jesus is ridiculous” or “Jesus is a joke” and I don’t want to think these among others.
It sounds like researching is not benefitting you right now. Perhaps it has turned into a compulsion? What are some healthy ways that you can deal with your intrusive thoughts?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds like researching is not benefitting you right now. Perhaps it has turned into a compulsion? What are some healthy ways that you can deal with your intrusive thoughts?
Putting my mind temporarily onto something else?

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putting my mind temporarily onto something else?
Yes, distraction can help. It's also important to learn how to effectively deal with the thoughts. One step is learning to treat them as meaningless. Another is to work on not doing compulsions. What are a couple of compulsions that you could work on?

Upvote 0

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Depression can be a crippling thing to you emotionally and spiritually. I’ve been there and even if you feel alone, you’re not. God is with you and He has never left you. He sees your pain and wants you to put your trust in Him again. Satan likes to creep in our minds and make us doubt things we believe in especially Jesus. He gets inside your mind and twists what you believe in and you start to question your belief in God. What I’ve learned to do is just sit there and pray to God to take away the doubts, pain, and let you trust in Him more and you will see Satan fleeing from you fast.

Upvote 0

Mia Asa

Mar 9, 2021
Nm
✟33,826.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I feel these feelings someday i can't sleep too , cause i think about God gonna leave alone and it scared me.You are not leaving God don't worry that your thought. You are not alone with it ,see most people do problems with OCD then it seems the truth but only our sick mind gives thought like that.I fight everyday with OCD i talk to myself God understands you and he never left you ,he wants to save you! But difficult for me to believe words of Bible! God bless you all

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel these feelings someday i can't sleep too , cause i think about God gonna leave alone and it scared me.You are not leaving God don't worry that your thought. You are not alone with it ,see most people do problems with OCD then it seems the truth but only our sick mind gives thought like that.I fight everyday with OCD i talk to myself God understands you and he never left you ,he wants to save you! But difficult for me to believe words of Bible! God bless you all
Mia Asa, I'm so happy to see this post from you! I hope you have been doing well!

• Friendly
Upvote 0