Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Colossians 4:2-4 ESV

“Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.”

We, as followers of Jesus Christ, are to continue steadfastly in prayer. Now we can’t always be praying, but we should always be in an attitude of prayer, and we should have continuous open communication between us and the Lord to where we can talk with him any time of day and night, and he can speak with us, and we can then respond back to him. For prayer is not one-way but two-way communication between us and our Lord.

And we are to pray with thanksgiving and according to the will of God. And if we don’t know the will of God in any given situation, we can pray, “Nevertheless not my will by Thine be done.” And our prayers should not be of the flesh, just asking God for things he may not want us to have, but they should have the foundation of the Scriptures in them, to what extent we know and understand the Scriptures. And then we must submit to God’s will.

[Jas 1:5-8; Jas 4:1-10; 1 Pet 3:7; Jn 15:1-11; 1 Jn 5:14-15; 1 Jn 1:5-9]

And then we need to pray for open doors to share the gospel. And I can tell you that the internet, at least here in America, is still open for us to share the gospel, not on every site, and not even on every Christian site, but Christian Forums (that’s the title of the site) is open. And you can create a blog and share the gospel, or you can share the gospel on social media, on Facebook and perhaps still on Twitter and maybe other places.

But the important thing is we need to be sharing the gospel with others, and as naturally as we share anything else with other people, for if we do not tell them, how will they hear, and how will they believe? (Romans 10:14-21)

And God has called us to share the excellencies of him who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light. And we are to make disciples of Christ of people of all nations, teaching them to obey our Lord’s commands. And we are the to be the light of the world and the salt of the earth, and so we need to be sharing the gospel, and then others can share with others, too.

[1 Pet. 2:9; 1 Pet. 2:21; Matt. 5:13-16; Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Acts 26:18; Rom. 10:14-15; Jn. 4:31-38; Jn. 13:13-17; Jn. 14:12; 1 Jn. 2:6]

Come and See

An Original Work / May 20, 2013
Based off John 1:35-51

John, the Baptist, called of God to
Make straight the way for the Lord,
Told his disciples about Jesus,
So two of them followed Him.

One of them who followed Jesus
Told his brother, Simon Peter,
Who then he brought to the Savior,
Who had told them, “Come and see.”

Jesus Christ, our Lord, Messiah,
On his way to Galilee found a man, Philip,
So he told him, “I want you to follow Me.”

Philip then found his friend,
And he told him, “We have found the one
The prophets spoke of – He is Jesus!”
Philip then said, “Come and see.”

Jesus saw the man, Nathanael,
While he sat beneath a fig tree,
Even before Philip called him,
So Nathanael did believe.

Nonetheless the Lord said,
“You believe because of what I told you.
You will see much greater things than these
If you will Come and see.”

Jesus’ calling to each one of us.
He tells us to believe in Him
As our Lord and Messiah,
And to follow where He leads.

He says we must turn from our sins,
Die to sin and self each day,
And put on our new lives in Jesus;
Bow before Him; humbly pray.