Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Are those cults a recognized part of the true Christian Church?
It depends on the cult.

The veneration of Mary cult - absolutely part of the church.

The veneration of relics and saints cult - absolutely part of the church.

The special priesthood cult - absolutely part of the church.

The celibacy of priests cult - absolutely part of the church.

The transubstantiation cult - absolutely part of the church.

The ability of some special priests to change the wine and the bread into the literal blood and body of Christ by the ringing of a bell and the pronouncement of the words "hocus pocus" - absolutely part of the church.

The elevation of the traditions of men above what the scriptures teach - absolutely part of the church.

Part of the "true Christian Church" - not so much.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It may not be AS integral as a lot of people who believe the way I do think, and I concede, probably not, but it is very important. The Rapture WILL happen, because there are various ways that it could happen, every major important denomination believes in it, except maybe Roman Catholicism, but I just kind of pointed out that Israel forgot it's scriptures for decades, if not life times, why would we people in the New Testament era be any more special?
Fully or primarily nondispensational ("raptureless") Protestant denominations: Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Reformed, Church of Christ, Church of God (Anderson), SDA

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Fully or primarily nondispensational ("raptureless") Protestant denominations: Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Reformed, Church of Christ, Church of God (Anderson), SDA

The "Rapture" isn't just the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. Though. The Rapture is whenever our bodies transform into heavenly bodies.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Jesus is not the way the truth and the life." You simple say "John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"caught up"When one says "proof or its at the end or the start." They can not back it up. Its not written. One can keep saying MATT 24 all you want. But that was not spoken to one Christian or Church. There was none. A man came to Jesus with the law.. to that man He came back with the law. Jesus today does not think of me as a dog.. getting the Children's bread from the crumbs off the floor. Jesus was never talking to any Christians in Matt 24. One has to take that in to consideration.

I read I listen and I can SEE and understand what others are saying. For me when I have to SPECULATE..when I have to ADD to what is written. When I have to say "what that verse really means is" or the like. Its NOT His word any more its just man. When I say.. Jesus in Matt about Matt 24 was not talking to any Christian. No one will refute that. Its fact.

So when I read parts of Matt 24.. I cant see where Jesus is coming at the end. He keep talking about how the people didnt know what was about to happen. If they had known when the owner was coming. You cant add to that. So when Jesus tells the 12.. His Fathers house has many rooms..if it was not so I would tell you. Again.. I just take Him at His word. HE told them He was going and would come back for them so where He is they will be.

I hear people say....only the Father knows. They no way in the world can Jesus ever be talking about WHEN HE was coming if only the Father knows. Or again He lied to the 12. And Jesus NEVER says anything in jest or kidding.. Every word every letter to Him means something.

So I can find where I will never see taste Gods wrath. I can see read where His wrath was going to hit and Lot was not protected. "I can do NOTHING while you are still here" Lot had to be gone. When Gods wrath hits that is coming. Its not written just on a few places. Its the world. Yes.. we can find verses about HIDING and the like. But.. one has to twist the word to make that apply that to the END DAYS.

So when I read His word. I find He is coming. He does not know when. And if this was a BIG HOUSE I BETTER be looking out that window.. have my HOUSE in order and always be watching. He is coming He cant lie. I can not find PRE TRIB MID TRIB POST TRIB in the bible. Its NOT written. If there was PROOF as in Jesus is the only way to the Father one would say JOHN 14:6.

One of the things in my 56 years I have learned from my/our Father is.. I can say do think anything I want and my/our Father will say do? NOTHING. I can say believe anything. So...if one wants to believe its at the end.. or not happening you can. I can find HE WILL COME. Our brother Paul said it. So its going to happen. And if I am not ready do no believe and He comes NOW.. I would not go. He will not force me to believe. I would be the one that was not watching ready when that thief came in. That took something and left.

So.. me? I take Jesus at HIS word. Not what some man tells me what that verse really means. I KNOW to trust HIM not man not myself. He said HE will come for me. So.. He cant lie. I watch I am ready now. And He has never wondered never tried to guess. Just coming soon! I am ready now. You are free to do believe what you want. If He came now.. people will still be getting saved. But.. know this and understand..if you cant live for Jesus now.. you NEVER will then.

And live for Jesus is MIND SOUL and BODY you LOVE the Father. You love one another.. you love your eneny. Poor hospitals prisons? Going to Church? Bible studies? Reading that word keeping it before your eyes day and night? Praying in all for all things? Thanking God in all things? Paul told Tim.. basically this is a war..and we dont concern out selfs with this worlds way of life. "No soldier on duty gets involved with civilian affairs, since he has to please his commanding officer."

I can keep going. If we cant live for Jesus NOW..we NEVER will during that great and awful day. Satan is held back right now. But one day he will be out in the open given power over the saints. That is NOT NOW. From what I read.. I can not see how I would ever be here unless I was not watching not ready. YOUR FREE CHOICE. YOU alone I ALONE made this choice. We HEARD... now.. ASK HIM! This is not a game. He will not force anyone to do anything. You know that. SO I am always ready now..ever moment of ever day. A man that didnt like being called a prophet yet.. was right SO many times.

He did not preach PRE TRIB. Didnt believe that. Yet.. he knew the Father.. so.. He would say.. I dont follow that.. but.. I will say this.. if he does come now I am ready! PRAISE GOD!

• Agree
Reactions: SK_Brace
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am a 19-year-old fellow Christian, and I have plenty of concerns regarding the Pre-Tribulation Rapture (PTR).

Scroll down for TL;DR.

Some of my favorite bible teachers, and preachers believe in the PTR. I never had a strong belief in it, but always kind of assumed it did exist, mostly because of the Left Behind movies/books, and the people I listened to. I like studying end times prophecy, and so, upon doing my own research, I started to doubt it's existence. I think that PTR believers' interpretation of Revelation is fairly accurate, with the coming Beast and tribulation (however, I'm not sure it's going to be exactly seven years long, because Revelation isn't specific enough), but I don't see any evidence that Christians will be raptured out to avoid it.

Anyways, let's get to the point...
I have seen many people argue for, and against the PTR, but I think that most people just bicker, and I have yet to see any intelligent debate concerning the PTR. Most people from both sides seem to have their go-to questions that just get annoying, and no question from either side seem to bring anything valuable into question. I personally don't believe in the PTR. I don't think that there is near enough evidence for it, and think that it's illogical to believe in it. I, however, may be missing something that most people don't mention, and so that's why I want to debate it here. I am very open to the idea of it, but can't find evidence myself.

The things I hear the most are as follows:

Those against the PTR (here after referred to as, "anti-PTRs") say,
"The word, 'Rapture' is never in the bible."
"The Rapture doctrine has only been around for a few hundred years."

Those who believe in the PTR (here after referred to as, "PTRs") quote,
1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17
1 Corinthians 15:51-53

I, someone who is open to both sides, see these arguments and my problems with this are as follows:

The anti-PTRs shouldn't care about the word itself. Who cares if it is ever mentioned by name or not? Question what the bible says about it. Most PTRs openly say that 'rapture' is a man given name that comes from Greek and Latin words that are in the bible. The word, "Trinity" is never in the bible, but the bible is very explicit about the existence of it, and the word,
"Godhead" is in the bible. 'Trinity' is a man given word that explains the split person of God.
Since the rapture is recent doctrine, one should look at it very skeptically, but it doesn't mean you should just toss it out immediately! You're saying that every mystery of the bible has already been revealed, and anyone who finds something new is making something up? It may be likely, but it isn't a sure thing. Just look at the sign of Revelation 12 that took place in the sky last September. No one ever thought that that was referring to the stars until they looked up and saw what was going on (I'm not saying that the Sept 23rd sign is definitely of sure significance, but I do think that Jesus wants our attention. It's a little hard to completely dismiss). A lot of the anti-PTRs are Calvanists, at least most I know, and Calvanism introduced tons of doctrines just a few hundreds years before the rapture doctrine. (I don't personally believe in Calvanism, but we'll talk about that another day.)

The PTRs can't use just those two verse, because they don't explicitly say anything about the tribulation. Both refer to the second coming of Jesus Christ, but neither say that their will be a rapture before the Beast's appearance, or that Christians will be spared from God's wrath. 1 Thess. refers to going up to meet God, but never mentions that we will be caught up before the tribulation. It only says that being caught up will be involved when Jesus comes back. 1 Cor. says that we will have to be changed in order to enter Heaven. Paul is saying that our bodies aren't just going to stop aging, but instead our bodies will have to be changed in order to be 'imperishable', and 'immortal'. This happens to the dead bodies as well. The souls of the dead will come back to claim their bodies once again, but before going back into Heaven they will have to be perfect bodies, not piles of dust, or half-decomposed skeletons. It makes no sense to me that people take these verses in 1 Cor., and say that this means that every Christian on earth will all of the sudden disappear leaving behind their clothes (some say blood as well), and everyone left on earth is going to be stuck dodging empty cars. I mean, come on...where are you getting that from?!

Too Long; Didn't Read:
Those for, and those against the Pre-Trib Rapture, just seem to bicker, and never any intelligent debate. They both seem to be very stubborn, and those for the PTR, don't provide any logical evidence.

So, my request for you, is that can you please tell me why people believe in the PTR, and allow me to possibly debate you? Or, if you are anti-PTR, like me, if there is any scripture that sheds a little extra light on the situation that I don't know, that would be greatly appreciated, or if you have anything else you'd like to add about why the PTR is false.
I'm open to any other debate about anything else you have to say regarding the rapture. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, and you'd like to point it out to me, or maybe you have a view that disagrees with both sides (I know that are a lot of different theories about the end times, so let's constrict this to viewpoints concerning the PTR, not the second coming in general).

Thanks in advance for your replies! I appreciate your opinion.
In Christ, Matt

My main problem with the "trib" (or the "fib" as I like to call it) is that the 7 year period is based on the book of Daniel's two "three and a half times" . The two three and a half times are fulfilled in the text of revelation, the two witnesses preach in the great city for 3.5 years and then lie dead without burial for 3.5 days.
The Israel peace treaty scenario a work of fiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I know the Bible very well and I cannot see anywhere a rapture to heaven for any living person. Even Elijah was not actually taken to heaven, as we see in 2 Chronicles 21:12

What about this verse
2 Kings 2
And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What about this verse
2 Kings 2
And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind
The translators of the Hebrew word - 'e-shmim' have put 'heaven' there, when what was meant was: the heavens, the sky or atmosphere.
Did you look at 2 Chronicles 21:21? Did Elijah send a letter from heaven? Stamp collectors would love to get their hands on that one!

No; Elijah was just transported to another earthly location, just as Philip was. Acts 8:39
And just as those who remain will be when Jesus Returns.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The translators of the Hebrew word - 'e-shmim' have put 'heaven' there, when what was meant was: the heavens, the sky or atmosphere.
Did you look at 2 Chronicles 21:21? Did Elijah send a letter from heaven? Stamp collectors would love to get their hands on that one!

No; Elijah was just transported to another earthly location, just as Philip was. Acts 8:39
And just as those who remain will be when Jesus Returns.
Could you show us the reference which says spells that out for us.

It seems to me to say rather clearly that he was taken up into heaven.

Are you perhaps conflating Jehoram of Judah with Jehoram of Israel?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where did you determine that there is a 7 year tribulation?

Daniel 9:27 gives a few highlights of the seven-year tribulation period: “He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.” The person of whom this verse speaks is the person Jesus calls the “abomination that causes desolation” (Matthew 24:15) and is called “the beast” in Revelation 13. Daniel 9:27 says that the beast will make a covenant for seven years, but in the middle of this week (3 1/2 years into the tribulation), he will break the covenant, putting a stop to sacrifice. Revelation 13 explains that the beast will place an image of himself in the temple and require the world to worship him. Revelation 13:5 says that this will go on for 42 months, which is 3 1/2 years. Since Daniel 9:27 says that this will happen in the middle of the week, and Revelation 13:5 says that the beast will do this for a period of 42 months, it is easy to see that the total length of time is 84 months or seven years. Also see Daniel 7:25, where the “time, times, and half a time” (time=1 year; times=2 years; half a time=1/2 year; total of 3 1/2 years) also refers to “great tribulation,” the last half of the seven-year tribulation period when the beast will be in power.

For further references about the tribulation, see Revelation 11:2-3, which speaks of 1260 days and 42 months, and Daniel 12:11-12, which speaks of 1290 days. These days have a reference to the midpoint of the tribulation.

Source:
What is the Tribulation? How do we know the Tribulation will last seven years?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am a 19-year-old fellow Christian, and I have plenty of concerns regarding the Pre-Tribulation Rapture (PTR).

Scroll down for TL;DR.

Some of my favorite bible teachers, and preachers believe in the PTR. I never had a strong belief in it, but always kind of assumed it did exist, mostly because of the Left Behind movies/books, and the people I listened to. I like studying end times prophecy, and so, upon doing my own research, I started to doubt it's existence. I think that PTR believers' interpretation of Revelation is fairly accurate, with the coming Beast and tribulation (however, I'm not sure it's going to be exactly seven years long, because Revelation isn't specific enough), but I don't see any evidence that Christians will be raptured out to avoid it.

Anyways, let's get to the point...
I have seen many people argue for, and against the PTR, but I think that most people just bicker, and I have yet to see any intelligent debate concerning the PTR. Most people from both sides seem to have their go-to questions that just get annoying, and no question from either side seem to bring anything valuable into question. I personally don't believe in the PTR. I don't think that there is near enough evidence for it, and think that it's illogical to believe in it. I, however, may be missing something that most people don't mention, and so that's why I want to debate it here. I am very open to the idea of it, but can't find evidence myself.

The things I hear the most are as follows:

Those against the PTR (here after referred to as, "anti-PTRs") say,
"The word, 'Rapture' is never in the bible."
"The Rapture doctrine has only been around for a few hundred years."

Those who believe in the PTR (here after referred to as, "PTRs") quote,
1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17
1 Corinthians 15:51-53

I, someone who is open to both sides, see these arguments and my problems with this are as follows:

The anti-PTRs shouldn't care about the word itself. Who cares if it is ever mentioned by name or not? Question what the bible says about it. Most PTRs openly say that 'rapture' is a man given name that comes from Greek and Latin words that are in the bible. The word, "Trinity" is never in the bible, but the bible is very explicit about the existence of it, and the word,
"Godhead" is in the bible. 'Trinity' is a man given word that explains the split person of God.
Since the rapture is recent doctrine, one should look at it very skeptically, but it doesn't mean you should just toss it out immediately! You're saying that every mystery of the bible has already been revealed, and anyone who finds something new is making something up? It may be likely, but it isn't a sure thing. Just look at the sign of Revelation 12 that took place in the sky last September. No one ever thought that that was referring to the stars until they looked up and saw what was going on (I'm not saying that the Sept 23rd sign is definitely of sure significance, but I do think that Jesus wants our attention. It's a little hard to completely dismiss). A lot of the anti-PTRs are Calvanists, at least most I know, and Calvanism introduced tons of doctrines just a few hundreds years before the rapture doctrine. (I don't personally believe in Calvanism, but we'll talk about that another day.)

The PTRs can't use just those two verse, because they don't explicitly say anything about the tribulation. Both refer to the second coming of Jesus Christ, but neither say that their will be a rapture before the Beast's appearance, or that Christians will be spared from God's wrath. 1 Thess. refers to going up to meet God, but never mentions that we will be caught up before the tribulation. It only says that being caught up will be involved when Jesus comes back. 1 Cor. says that we will have to be changed in order to enter Heaven. Paul is saying that our bodies aren't just going to stop aging, but instead our bodies will have to be changed in order to be 'imperishable', and 'immortal'. This happens to the dead bodies as well. The souls of the dead will come back to claim their bodies once again, but before going back into Heaven they will have to be perfect bodies, not piles of dust, or half-decomposed skeletons. It makes no sense to me that people take these verses in 1 Cor., and say that this means that every Christian on earth will all of the sudden disappear leaving behind their clothes (some say blood as well), and everyone left on earth is going to be stuck dodging empty cars. I mean, come on...where are you getting that from?!

Too Long; Didn't Read:
Those for, and those against the Pre-Trib Rapture, just seem to bicker, and never any intelligent debate. They both seem to be very stubborn, and those for the PTR, don't provide any logical evidence.

So, my request for you, is that can you please tell me why people believe in the PTR, and allow me to possibly debate you? Or, if you are anti-PTR, like me, if there is any scripture that sheds a little extra light on the situation that I don't know, that would be greatly appreciated, or if you have anything else you'd like to add about why the PTR is false.
I'm open to any other debate about anything else you have to say regarding the rapture. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, and you'd like to point it out to me, or maybe you have a view that disagrees with both sides (I know that are a lot of different theories about the end times, so let's constrict this to viewpoints concerning the PTR, not the second coming in general).

Thanks in advance for your replies! I appreciate your opinion.
In Christ, Matt
If the Rapture, that is spoken of in the bible, even though not called the Rapture,,,but,,, come on, we all know that it means to be caught up in the air.... instantly changed from a corruptible body to an incorruptible body, they will not sleep (die and be buried).......

IF this event is going to take place at the end of the period known as the Great Tribulation...IF... then there would be not one person left to be caught up, changed in an instant and not die an earthly death......

What person could live for seven years, on this earth, without the ability to buy, sell, work, travel and constantly hiding from governments, or A government diligently seeking out believers to behead them or con them to take the mark.

Nobody will hide you, like people hid the Jews... Nobody will feed you, protect you, give you the necessities of life.... for seven years... NOBODY... not your mom, not your dad, not your daughter, not your neighbor.....

They will ALL sell you out.

There will not be any miraculous cloaking of the elect by Christ. There will be no hiding in the mountains... not for seven years through the hell that is going to rain down...

Also....

The bride of Christ must have the marriage and the marriage feast before the end of the Great Tribulation Because..... we come back with Him.....Judged, rewarded, clean white robes and the power of Christ..... that's how we come.

This is not done in a instant at the last minute at the end of the tribulation... it is not the worlds last big "U Turn" in the sky.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If the Rapture, that is spoken of in the bible, even though not called the Rapture,,,but,,, come on, we all know that it means to be caught up in the air.... instantly changed from a corruptible body to an incorruptible body, they will not sleep (die and be buried).......

IF this event is going to take place at the end of the period known as the Great Tribulation...IF... then there would be not one person left to be caught up, changed in an instant and not die an earthly death......

What person could live for seven years, on this earth, without the ability to buy, sell, work, travel and constantly hiding from governments, or A government diligently seeking out believers to behead them or con them to take the mark.

Nobody will hide you, like people hid the Jews... Nobody will feed you, protect you, give you the necessities of life.... for seven years... NOBODY... not your mom, not your dad, not your daughter, not your neighbor.....

They will ALL sell you out.

There will not be any miraculous cloaking of the elect by Christ. There will be no hiding in the mountains... not for seven years through the hell that is going to rain down...

Also....

The bride of Christ must have the marriage and the marriage feast before the end of the Great Tribulation Because..... we come back with Him.....Judged, rewarded, clean white robes and the power of Christ..... that's how we come.

This is not done in a instant at the last minute at the end of the tribulation... it is not the worlds last big "U Turn" in the sky.

The problem for me, at least, is that I hear convincing arguments from both sides of the debate, for and against the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

There is nothing that flat out states the Rapture will be before the Tribulation.
Or after.
Or during.

The Bible doesn't necessarily even say the Tribulation will be right after the Wedding Of Christ, at the beginning of the Seven Years of Tribulation.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
Lennon
✟10,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello friend.
In my opinion, pre-tribulation rapture is not supported by scripture. The two references you posted do not suggest a pre-trib rapture. At least, not when viewing them with further context. Notice, it states that the dead in Christ shall rise first. This is true. And in Revelation, we see this again when John sees those who were martyred for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. The more interesting point about these martyrs is that there was also said to be among them those that did not receive the mark of the beast. Well if we read Revelation, we have to know that the mark of the beast is something that will take a major place in the end times (which I believe we are living in now). It states that no man might buy or sell, save he that has the mark. It talks about the "hour of testing which shall come upon the whole world". I believe this is a reference to the mark. Well who would be left to test if we Christians all got zipped out of here long before then? In a pre-trib end times, all the good guys would've been removed from the world at that point and so the only ones left would be the wicked who would've received the mark already. But at this point they would have no other chance for salvation, correct? So if we are not present to be tested, and the rest of the world has already sealed their fate, then how does a pre-trib rapture make sense? Rather, we are PROMISED tribulation in the scriptures. We will face the greatest test of our faith we will ever see in those days soon to come. Those days are already "at the doors" as we speak. To further elaborate on the subject, go to YouTube, type in "World's Last Chance". It is a Christian channel on there. They have a video going over this topic. I think you will find it interesting. Please do, and the same goes for all of you reading. Another great channel is "A Voice in the Desert" check em' out if you'd like.
Edit: The WLC video is called "The Secret Rapture: Satan's Secret Weapon"
I encourage you again to give it a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0