• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Deaths, hospitalizations and at least 68 COVID-19 cases after weeklong church event

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by tulc, Oct 24, 2020.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,130
    Christian
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,769
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    So same ole song that has been singing out now for about 7 months, whats new.

3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+17,775
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Wow, that’s an interesting choice for architectural style.

4. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,633
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    The virus is ubiquitous, now. Either it would be very difficult, or very easy, to pin one person's sickness on any particular institution, depending on ones' objective.

A man has COVID. He went to Walgreens. How many people who also go to Walgreens also have COVID? Well, there you have it: he must have gotten it at Walgreens just before he went to a huge party.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+2,001
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    so you would have no apprehensions about attending such an event?

6. tulc

+18,130
    Christian
    Married
    hopefully he was wearing a mask and didn't give it to a bunch of people at Walgreens.
    tulc(just a thought)

7. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yes, and this isn’t the first church-related COVID spread.

8. Searching1God

Searching1God Active Member Supporter

+174
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Did you notice they never track how many people got Covid from going to those essential stores?

More interestingly, they never tracked how many people got Covid from attending protests?

It's always tracked back to churches, trump rallies, and the like. That virus definitely leans left.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. tulc

+18,130
    Christian
    Married
    ...do you sit close to other people in pews for a couple of hours (often without a mask) singing songs (often without a mask) inside a building when you go to a store?

or they have been:
    Parties — Not Protests — Are Causing Spikes In Coronavirus
    Why we're still not talking about protesters spreading COVID-19
    Little Evidence That Protests Spread Coronavirus in US
    if you go to the above links you can follow the links in those article to other links that can answer your question

So your point would be: "If I do a series of things that raise my chances of getting infected and I get infected it's obviously just because the media is left leaning!"? :scratch:
    tulc(doesn't think covide-19 actually cares what peoples politics are) :sorry:

10. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,769
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    It ought to lean left, since they created the fear and hype. They have milked it for all its worth, control, control, control on and on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Searching1God

Searching1God Active Member Supporter

+174
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    But from your logic, only conservatives, church goers and trump rally goers would get Covid.

Unless you can show me numbers proving that the Covid catchers are overwhelmingly conservatives, I am really curious as to how those who don't go to church, don't go to Trump rallies, how did they manage to get Covid, if they are supposedly wearing masks and practicing social distancing?

I remember back in May when it was found that
    Cuomo says it's 'shocking' most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

12. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,224
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    An event hosted by a cult?

Never...

13. Hazelelponi

+6,224
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Just about any illness is spread through close contact...

Personally, my life is in God's hand whether driving in the car, sleeping, staying home, attending church - whatever...

I have little fear of death, no matter what I do, I am going to die. That future is assured... I will die.

So what's important isn't the fact I am bound to die, but how I live while I still have breath.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. tulc

+18,130
    Christian
    Married
    Well, no because, again, covide doesn't care, say someone hangs out in one of those hotspots and gets it, they than pass it on to someone because "in America I shouldn't have to wear a mask to keep from killing my neighbor!!" spreading it isn't about my not doing the right thing, it's about all of us doing the right thing.
    tulc(just a thought)

15. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    M church has been taking precautions. Masks, social distancing, services have been outdoors and will remain so until it turns colder. No singing, no handshaking. When the weather turns colder we will move indoors but to the church gym where we can adequately space.

16. Hazelelponi

+6,224
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Most churches are taking precautions..

The church mentioned in the article is a cult, not a church. I looked.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Doesn’t surprise me. Sad.

18. tulc

+18,130
    Christian
    Married
    I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of killing others because of not doing what I can to protect others. (this part isn't directed at you Hazelelponi) It's kind of sad when people suggest I wear a mask because "You're afraid of dying!" when mask wearing, social distancing, hand washing and such are really more about not spreading covide to others. So, sure I'm going to die, I just don't want kill a bunch of people along the way.
    tulc(just a thought)

19. Hazelelponi

+6,224
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Our chances of doing that are high regardless. Most winters you could spread a bug to an elderly person at your church unaware your carrying an illness, and that elderly person could catch it, develop pneumonia and die...

We've never considered accidental disease transmission when you don't have any symptoms to be "murder", and God most certainly doesn't..

20. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on... Supporter

+3,335
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Because then you wouldn't be able to attack Christianity.

And this:

Is a lie. You will not be able to cite one person anywhere in America at any time making such a statement.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020