Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is why I will not hang out with anyone. I will also not work at a place that won't let me wear a mask. But I also use a face shield. I know that these things probably won't work. But it still makes me feel safe.

I know that people call me sheep for believing these things, and for wearing a mask. But there is evidence that it is growing. But I am not cooped up in my house. I am going out to the park and to other places where there isn't a crowded people. But I will always keep a distant from people. This is getting out of hand.

Why is the virus growing here in the US, but it is slowing down in other countries? Is it because we are believing that it is fake news, so people are going out partying? Or is it actually growing in other countries as well? But the news makes it sound like other countries have the virus contained. That is why they have closed their borders only to the US.

It is terrifying

U.S. Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 130,000 Amid Surge in Infections

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This is why I will not hang out with anyone. I will also not work at a place that won't let me wear a mask. But I also use a face shield. I know that these things probably won't work. But it still makes me feel safe.

I know that people call me sheep for believing these things, and for wearing a mask. But there is evidence that it is growing. But I am not cooped up in my house. I am going out to the park and to other places where there isn't a crowded people. But I will always keep a distant from people. This is getting out of hand.

Why is the virus growing here in the US, but it is slowing down in other countries? Is it because we are believing that it is fake news, so people are going out partying? Or is it actually growing in other countries as well? But the news makes it sound like other countries have the virus contained. That is why they have closed their borders only to the US.

It is terrifying

The government isn't doing anything, so it's on the individual level to do something about it. If everyone took the attitude to distance themselves from others, the trend would actually change.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is terrifying

Some fortunate countries, isolated from the rest of the world, have become virus free.

In much of the world, though, the virus has burned its way through the whole population until herd immunity kicked in.

In the UK, for example, the death toll, proportionately speaking, has been about double that of the US.

In the US, virus countermeasures were put in place months ago. They have slowed the disease down, and taken the pressure off the hospitals. But, of course, they have not made the disease go away. Pretty much everybody is going to catch it, sooner or later -- and most people who do catch it will have such mild symptoms that they won't notice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It is terrifying

The stranglehold of ‘fake news’ may well be on every side, but my sources didn’t lie concerning the outcome of the last admin, and so far, the scales sure enough are tipping towards securing the banishment of the current one with a weaponized yet hypocritical, health and racial concern. Do yourself a favor if you haven’t figured out how to analyze information and where to place your trust,

“But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with, , cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

I wear a face shield with a cloth face mask too when I go outside.
COVID-19 Protection: Face Shields Better Option Than Protective Masks To Ward Off SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Transmissions - Thailand Medical News
Face shields do protect against gliding viral particles. They reduce but not totally stop you from getting sick. Face shields are what protect you from viral particles. The surgical and cloth masks that look like surgical masks protect others from your germs but not you from other's germs.
Dr. Anthony flip flop Fauci first recommended NOT to wear the masks. And then just over a month later, as the countries and states started shutting or locking down, he said to wear them. But the virus was already here on February, so by his own admission, he said at the same time he said not to wear the masks are that the masks are great for protecting others against your mouth germs. Maybe if he were consistent, this pandemic would have been more under control in this nation since masks slow the asymptomatic spread of the corona-virus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dr Fauci recommendation was for LAYMEN not to wear professional N95 masks because medical personnel needed them more . The other masks do protect you from giving others the virus as some people are asymptomatic . NYC won’t let you on public transportation unless you’re wearing a mask . Most newyorkers wear the masks without being asked because we all know people who have died or gotten very sick from this . The only ones who don’t are the occasional Republicans or dumb kids .

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

It is terrifying

The death ratio is what really counts. In Spain, UK, and France where lockdowns are still enforced, they have a higher COVID-19 death ratio than the US. Likewise, many states that have opened up early to my surprise, like Georgia, have a lower death rate than national average.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 11,739,169 Cases and 540,660 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dr Fauci recommendation was for LAYMEN not to wear professional N95 masks because medical personnel needed them more . The other masks do protect you from giving others the virus as some people are asymptomatic . NYC won’t let you on public transportation unless you’re wearing a mask . Most newyorkers wear the masks without being asked because we all know people who have died or gotten very sick from this . The only ones who don’t are the occasional Republicans or dumb kids .
Before COVID-19, layman N95 masks have been recommended for pandemic preperation in all the flu pandemic preparedness guides.
DOD Pandemic Flu Preparedness Kit with N95 Masks Surplus Traders
N95 masks do protect yourself and others, IF it don't have the exhale valve. The problem is most laymen I see that do wear N95s are not wearing it properly. I see often the bottom band is hanging out. And I also see bearded laymen wearing N95s, which is not a good idea. The excess amount of facial hair for certain facial hair styles doesn't allow the airtight seal for an N95 mask.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The only ones who don’t are the occasional Republicans or dumb kids

Do you stop and ask everyone of them what their political affiliation is?

or do you assume anyone not wearing a mask is a Republican?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The death rate in NYC is going down . Businesses are reopening. A little country like Barbados had imposed 24 hour a day curfews that went to curfews at midnight. They lifted curfews when they had no new cases . They no longer have new coronavirus cases and they had to wear masks . Basically they were stricter about social isolation of the sick and rigidly enforcing mask wearing. Their numbers were never high ( around 100) . But unlike the USA they didn’t play stupid nonsensical games with it either

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump supporters are the only ones I see not wearing a mask . They do wear that MAGA Hat you know even in blue country . Still most New Yorkers wear masks . we all know people who’ve died from it

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump supporters are the only ones I see not wearing a mask . They do wear that MAGA Hat you know even in blue country . Still most New Yorkers wear masks . we all know people who’ve died from it

so every single person that is not wearing a mask is wearing a MAGA hat?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Some fortunate countries, isolated from the rest of the world, have become virus free.

In much of the world, though, the virus has burned its way through the whole population until herd immunity kicked in.

In the UK, for example, the death toll, proportionately speaking, has been about double that of the US.

In the US, virus countermeasures were put in place months ago. They have slowed the disease down, and taken the pressure off the hospitals. But, of course, they have not made the disease go away. Pretty much everybody is going to catch it, sooner or later -- and most people who do catch it will have such mild symptoms that they won't notice.

Take another look at herd immunity. I can't remember where I read the article, but there is some evidence now that the herd immunity concept, is not kicking in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It is terrifying

Do people really call you a sheep for wearing a mask? That’s horrible! It’s not like that at all where I live. I’m sorry you have to deal with that:(

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do people really call you a sheep for wearing a mask? That’s horrible! It’s not like that at all where I live. I’m sorry you have to deal with that:(

Yes, people believe that it is all an over exaggeration, including my mom. I love my mom, but I'm not going to take her word for it.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I wear a face shield with a cloth face mask too when I go outside.
COVID-19 Protection: Face Shields Better Option Than Protective Masks To Ward Off SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Transmissions - Thailand Medical News
Face shields do protect against gliding viral particles. They reduce but not totally stop you from getting sick. Face shields are what protect you from viral particles. The surgical and cloth masks that look like surgical masks protect others from your germs but not you from other's germs.
Dr. Anthony flip flop Fauci first recommended NOT to wear the masks. And then just over a month later, as the countries and states started shutting or locking down, he said to wear them. But the virus was already here on February, so by his own admission, he said at the same time he said not to wear the masks are that the masks are great for protecting others against your mouth germs. Maybe if he were consistent, this pandemic would have been more under control in this nation since masks slow the asymptomatic spread of the corona-virus.

Thank you very much. That was very helpful

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Before COVID-19, layman N95 masks have been recommended for pandemic preperation in all the flu pandemic preparedness guides.
DOD Pandemic Flu Preparedness Kit with N95 Masks Surplus Traders
N95 masks do protect yourself and others, IF it don't have the exhale valve. The problem is most laymen I see that do wear N95s are not wearing it properly. I see often the bottom band is hanging out. And I also see bearded laymen wearing N95s, which is not a good idea. The excess amount of facial hair for certain facial hair styles doesn't allow the airtight seal for an N95 mask.

Thank you. I do have n95 masks.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, people believe that it is all an over exaggeration, including my mom. I love my mom, but I'm not going to take her word for it.
Ugh. Well, know that not everyone in this country is like that and you can eventually move to a place where people don’t call you a sheep. Stay strong:)

Upvote 0