Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd assume that some of them are very smart people.

“The Pew Research Centre, a think-tank, found that overall, college graduates favoured Hillary Clinton by 21 percentage points, while those without a degree backed Donald Trump by a seven-point margin. Among whites, the difference is greater: those without a college degree backed Mr Trump over Mrs Clinton by a margin of more than two to one.”

Poorly educated voters hold the keys to the White House

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
OK so tell me how many people would have died if Trump was sitting in his office that day? How many would have died if he had been golfing? My answer would be 381 what is your answer. The entire government does not stop when Trump golfs, all the people working on the Covid problem still work on the problem regardless of where he is or what he is doing.

Sounds like things would get done, whether or not he was President......roll on November!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
“The Pew Research Centre, a think-tank, found that overall, college graduates favoured Hillary Clinton by 21 percentage points, while those without a degree backed Donald Trump by a seven-point margin. Among whites, the difference is greater: those without a college degree backed Mr Trump over Mrs Clinton by a margin of more than two to one.”

Poorly educated voters hold the keys to the White House
Someone has to stand up to intelligence.

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The old all Trump supporters are uneducated or stupid or both is not only a lie but an insult to nearly 63 million people.

I didn't say that. Not at all. I merely noted how a voting bloc that lacks education and self-awareness will likely vote for someone who is either similarly uneducated OR someone who will take advantage of them (because they lack that self-awareness or are easily led).

The fact that YOU drew the conclusion that it was related ONLY to Trump supporters or that it related to ALL Trump supporters says more about your views.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
An irrelevant list of some guys who failed to get elected as president, is that the best you can do? Or didn’t you actually read it?

But it is interesting to think about "presidential policy failures" in light of pandemics. We have Woodrow Wilson who avoided discussing the Flu Pandemic to such an extent that he effectively ceded the field to it. He was terrible in regards to the Flu and presidential leadership.

Ronald Reagan ignored AIDS (or at least didn't speak about it) for many years as it began to decimate people in the 80's.

Trump is mishandling COVID and it's a thing Presidents do, apparently. The problem is: we should be LEARNING from these things as a nation, not just repeating it.

In Wilson's case he was myopically focused on the War and he dropped the ball. Ronald Reagan was merely mirroring the homophobia of the times (his voting base was very religious and he, himself, no doubt was hardly an all-accepting type of person) and Trump is terrified that his only achievements (related to the economy) will be decimated by the efforts needed to address it (economic shutdown).

The thing that Trump should have learned was that one cannot simply "ignore" away a disaster in hopes that by thus rolling the dice the "angel of death" will pass their house over and the next day will dawn bright and clear.

It is our job as citizens to make known our disagreement with this approach. Just as the gay people had to show the Reagan Administration that human bodies were piling up, our 21st century society must alert Mr. Trump to the giant pile of human bodies that are accumulating on his watch.

If he is unable or unwilling to do his job (executive leadership) then he is free to leave the position to someone who WILL.

At the end of the day one cannot really argue with a giant pile of dead Americans.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of anything more political than the outcome of the single greatest policy failure in the last 50 years..

So the Iraq invasion which resulted in many more deaths is "off the hook."

These "greatest in the last 50 years" things seem to come a lot closer together than 50 years. ;)

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So the Iraq invasion which resulted in many more deaths is "off the hook."

These "greatest in the last 50 years" things seem to come a lot closer together than 50 years. ;)
I agree. We’re still feeling the impact of the Iraq invasion. Trump has a major failure, but it’s not necessarily the worst ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We really do live in a cyberpunk future predicted in the 70's and 80's, because now private corporations are the closest thing we have to actual leaders who exercise responsibility. Government is so corrupt and broken, in comparison.

Not a great place to be if you value liberal democracy. Corporations pay lip service to liberalism, but they aren't really interested in democracy.

I've been calling the us a corporate theocracy for a while now.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK so tell me how many people would have died if Trump was sitting in his office that day? How many would have died if he had been golfing? My answer would be 381 what is your answer. The entire government does not stop when Trump golfs, all the people working on the Covid problem still work on the problem regardless of where he is or what he is doing.
Good point. The more time he spends on the course the better. It may keep him from actually doing anything, which helps the country tremendously.

Fore!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but just consider how dialogue has deteriorated since the decision was made to get Trump out of office.

It's no longer necessary to even come close to the facts with the accusations. All that matters is how shocking they sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While Trump has certainly mishandled many aspects of this (constant questioning of public health experts, putting economy over health, etc...)

...I think the myth is that the right is the only side "trying to make it political".

Even for the few (rather underwhelming) measures he did take back in late-Jan/early-Feb, the left side of the fence was just as quick to make it political.

Right after his China travel ban, many left-leaning politicians were tripping over each other to downplay the severity, and encourage people to congregate in Asian-owned shopping districts (Nancy got a photo-op by encouraging people to come to China town, and participating in a festival with large groups of people gathered together), and Cuomo and DeBlasio were downplaying it at that point simply to spite Trump...and that's in late Feb...simply so they could chalk his actions up to Xenophobia.

We've seen other things like like "all public gathering have to be put on hold, but we'll make exceptions for Social Justice protests because they're too important to stop"

...and then things where left-leaning entities want to exempt people of color from mask ordinances, etc...

In all honesty, if Trump came out on Jan 31st and issued the following executive orders
- Ban all travel from other countries for 90 days (with the exception of US citizens returning home)
- Ban all large gatherings including festivals, amusement parks, sporting events, and protests
- Mask ordinance (no exemptions apart from medical exemptions)

Do we really think Democrats would've gone along with it and said "Yeah, that's a good idea"?

Or would it be the more likely:
"Trump is just using this virus as a means to promote Xenophobia and shut down protests for police accountability to pander to the right!, and him trying to make people of color wear masks is just him being reckless by subjecting them to potential additional discrimination!"

While there's no shortage of "worship Trump no matter what" folks on the right, I think people wildly underestimate the size and scope of "find a reason to oppose Trump no matter what" contingent on the left.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In all honesty, if Trump came out on Jan 31st and issued the following executive orders
- Ban all travel from other countries for 90 days (with the exception of US citizens returning home)
- Ban all large gatherings including festivals, amusement parks, sporting events, and protests
- Mask ordinance (no exemptions apart from medical exemptions)

Do we really think Democrats would've gone along with it and said "Yeah, that's a good idea"?

Or would it be the more likely:
"Trump is just using this virus as a means to promote Xenophobia and shut down protests for police accountability to pander to the right!, and him trying to make people of color wear masks is just him being reckless by subjecting them to potential additional discrimination!"

While there's no shortage of "worship Trump no matter what" folks on the right, I think people wildly underestimate the size and scope of "find a reason to oppose Trump no matter what" contingent on the left.

In Trump addressed the nation on January 31st and laid out the reasons for imposing such measures based on the perceived threat and the recommendations of public health officials, I submit most Americans would have supported that action. As it is, he never made that case in January nor in February or for most of March.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but just consider how dialogue has deteriorated since the decision was made to get Trump out of office.

It's no longer necessary to even come close to the facts with the accusations. All that matters is how shocking they sound.

No longer necessary?

“I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding ... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility ... then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics."

Who was that again?I disagree with your assessment, but even if it is correct, what goes around comes around eh?

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No longer necessary?
Apparently not, considering that wild charges and approximations that miss the mark by a wide margin are now epidemic--among politicians and newsmen as well as the rest of society. They ought to be necessary, of course.

Upvote 0