SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Death Penalty Is Sought for Suspect in Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
Federal prosecutors said on Monday that they would seek the death penalty for the man accused of killing 11 worshipers in a Pittsburgh synagogue in October, in what has been called the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in United States history.

In a court filing, they argue that "a sentence of death is justified" by the circumstances in 22 of the 63 federal charges against the man, Robert D. Bowers, citing his motivation and his "lack of remorse."

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Put him in Supermax with the other terrorists were he has lots of time to consider what he has done. Hopefully, he will see the error of his ways, if not he'll have lots of time to regret how he destroyed his own life.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They don't rot in prison. They have pretty good lives.
So long as you consider zero privacy, sub standard food, the daily threat of violence and possible death good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So long as you consider zero privacy, sub standard food, the daily threat of violence and possible death good.
Charles Manson had a decent life in prison. Why shouldn't this man.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Charles Manson had a decent life in prison. Why shouldn't this man.
It still seems strange to me that the people that actually murdered the vicitims in that case served less time than the one that did not.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
It still seems strange to me that the people that actually murdered the victims in that case served less time than the one that did not.
  • Tex Watson is still in prison after more than 50 years.
  • Susan Atkins died in prison of brain cancer in 2009 after about 39 years
  • Bobby Beausoleil -- still in prison.
  • Mary Brunner was granted immunity to testify. She was granted immunity precisely because she didn't participate in the murders.
  • Bruce M. Davis -- still in prison
  • Squeaky Fromme -- paroled in 2009 after 34 years (not part of the murders)
  • Sandra 'Blue' Good -- 15 year sentence for death threats. Didn't participate in the murders.
  • Clem Grogan -- the only Manson family murderer to be released. Cooperated with police. Provided evidence. (About 15 years?) Has stayed out of trouble since his release in 1988.
Manson spent about an equal amount of time with most of the members that participated in the murders up until his death.

I'm not sure who aside from Grogan served less time for the murders than Manson

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Tex Watson is still in prison after more than 50 years.
  • Susan Atkins died in prison of brain cancer in 2009 after about 39 years
  • Bobby Beausoleil -- still in prison.
  • Mary Brunner was granted immunity to testify. She was granted immunity precisely because she didn't participate in the murders.
  • Bruce M. Davis -- still in prison
  • Squeaky Fromme -- paroled in 2009 after 34 years (not part of the murders)
  • Sandra 'Blue' Good -- 15 year sentence for death threats. Didn't participate in the murders.
  • Clem Grogan -- the only Manson family murderer to be released. Cooperated with police. Provided evidence. (About 15 years?) Has stayed out of trouble since his release in 1988.
Manson spent about an equal amount of time with most of the members that participated in the murders up until his death.

I'm not sure who aside from Grogan served less time for the murders than Manson
Thanks for the update. Manson did not commit any of the murders. Why would one expect him to serve the same or more time as those who did? I would have expected his sentence to be more akin to the others that did not participate. Should inciting others to commit violence up to murder, carry the same sentence as committing violence or murder? I don't see how that is reasonable. BTW if one is on site as part of the group that is doing the killing, even if one is not doing the killing one is still participating in the murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums