Death Penalty for Abortion

Would you support the death penalty for abortion?

• Total voters

TheoNewstoss

Aug 19, 2015
✟3,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since "murder" is a human invention that only applies when you have a social structure with a justice system and lawmakers

Therein lies the very essence of the problem with your worldview.

Atheist: "Nothing's really wrong. Morality is just a social construct."
Atheist has Xbox stolen.
Atheist: "Hey, that guy stole from me. How immoral!"

Moral nihilism at its finest.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Number one I do not support the death penalty. Number two abortion is currently legal whereas " regular" murder is not and number three even if abortion was illegal people would still do it the back ally way. This could lead to safety issues and it CERTAINLY is not morally right to let someone die after something like that ( like let them bleed out. For all of these reasons I would STRONGLY oppose such a law.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

The Thin Dead Line of sanity
Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Atheist has Xbox stolen.

lol. What?

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because what Dogma hunter said was correct. "Murder" is a social construct and is only "wrong" in social context. The same with stealing.

You're oddly coming at it from an "atheist believes in morality only when its relative to them" angle but there was nothing wrong with what he said. Which makes what you said completely off.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what fetal parts are used for but I did not see any pricing up there. Not even hinting of pricing.
As I explained in my original post....a couple of weeks ago when I posted that site link in another thread, they did show the pricing on all their 'products'. That is how I knew about the $11,000 for that particular type of liver cells. They have changed it since all the media attention and the judge's ruling about the 6th video.
Not sure which thread that was, I think the first one we had discussing this subject.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm pretty sure the videos were edited to imply they were selling the tissues when what they were actually doing was negotiating the price for the transport and storage of said tissues. The same kinds of costs that would be involved in storing and transporting any kind of material, especially sensitive biological material.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So a woman is told that her life is at risk as a result of her pregnancy. She has an abortion to save her life. You mean there are people out there who would have her executed? Shoukd killing in self defense be illegal and punishable by death in all situations or only in the case of pregnant women?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, yes. It's not as if they can claim bodily autonomy. This seems rather obvious. Women get charged with this, too, when they aren't the pregnant one...

They don't understand that abortion is legal for reasons of bodily autonomy, apparently, so they're confused when it's illegal for someone else to kill the fetus.

woman get charged when they are pregnant too and go to jail.

case of woman that was told her child may not survive, decides to not get abortion, child is still born, goes to jail because the drugs she once took might have killed the child.

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
The fact that people voted "yes" to this just tells me that there is a huge disconnect out there. They would willingly kill a grown woman, who may already be a mother to several children, who most likely has a husband, and in a high percentage of cases is a Christian. But let's wipe her out from her productive life, where she cares for others and leave children destitute, and family members heartbroken. Because that's "justice." It's impossible that Christians would vote for such a sharia-type punishment.

Good post.

I am so glad that i live in a civilised country here in the UK where the death penalty was abolished decades and decades ago.

One of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill and that also applies to the state. If you support execution of criminals then technically you are breaking that commandment.

Even if you want to use scripture to try and justify the death penalty, somebody is bound to bring up the old and eye for an eye verse. if you start using death penalty it for abortion then what next, homosexuality and then Christianity starts sliding down a slippery path and wakes up one day finding it is no better than extreme forms of Islam.

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Because what Dogma hunter said was correct. "Murder" is a social construct and is only "wrong" in social context. The same with stealing.

The bible says murder and stealing is wrong so there is a bit more to it than just being wrong in a social context.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Atheist has Xbox stolen.

Double; LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Atheist has Xbox stolen.

Uh, what? Subjective morality exists whether or not objective morality does. Just because I say that it's wrong to steal doesn't mean I'm implying that the universe itself would back me up on that. It couldn't care less, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to.

Upvote 0

TheoNewstoss

Aug 19, 2015
✟3,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Uh, what? Subjective morality exists whether or not objective morality does. Just because I say that it's wrong to steal doesn't mean I'm implying that the universe itself would back me up on that. It couldn't care less, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to.

Uhm, what? If objective morality exists, there's no such thing as subjective morality. As for the things you say not having actual meaning, I agree. It's just what you "feel."

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Uhm, what? If objective morality exists, there's no such thing as subjective morality.
You wrote a straw man script for a person who does not believe that objective morality exists. I was correcting your misunderstanding of that perspective. And yes, even if there were objective morality, there would still be an infinite number of subjective moral codes.
As for the things you say not having actual meaning, I agree. It's just what you "feel."
Well, that depends how you define "meaning." I believe that the only type of meaning that exists is the meaning that we give to things, so that's how I define that concept. To me, saying that there's no actual meaning if it's just a product of our brains is like saying that there are no actual iPods because nature has never produced one. Am I supposed to have a problem with that? I don't see what relevance that has.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The bible says murder and stealing is wrong so there is a bit more to it than just being wrong in a social context.

Only reason I haven't facepalmed hard enough to misplace my front teeth is because I have to go to work.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That's one example of a social context.

Reactions: GrimKingGrim
Upvote 0