• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Death Penalty for Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by OGM, Sep 1, 2015.

1. As I was saying

As I was saying Well-Known Member

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes it is as the facts will attest. Before abortion was illegal, you did not have America murdering 1 million babies annually. And I don't source information from organisations that are in the business of murdering babies or support the same.

2. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What politician?

3. Cearbhall

Cearbhall Unitarian Universalist

+5,388
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Nope, I've never seen a study or any other sort of statistics that found your claim to be true.
    Then you obviously aren't actually interested in convincing anyone that you're right.

4. TheoNewstoss

TheoNewstoss Well-Known Member

+486
    Christian
    Private
    Do you have any references for that? The links you posted don't support your claim here.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  5. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes it is. I notice that when a pregnant mother is involved in a car accident the media talk about "the baby" being injured or killed. When it is abortion, they talk about the "fetus" (which by the way is latin for baby) being disposed of.

Talk about double standards.

6. Cearbhall

+5,388
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Todd Akin, the one whom you were clearly paraphrasing. I suggest listening to the doctors who had to do damage control after he made that nonsense statement.

7. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I didn't post any links. Nice try.

8. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Never heard of Todd Akin.

9. TheoNewstoss

+486
    Christian
    Private
    I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to Cearbhall's post here.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  10. revanneosl

revanneosl Mystically signifying since 1985

+1,161
    Methodist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Making abortion illegal doesn't make for fewer abortions. If you really want there to be fewer abortions you will support comprehensive sex ed and open access to contraception. Do you support those things?

11. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Typical atheist. I haven't seen it therefore it does not exist.

I am not interested in convincing anyone who does not want to be convinced. As the bible says, you don't cast pearls before swine.

12. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN Charlee. 8 /18 / 2017

+1,212
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Do you have proof? Or have a link. I know many people that had abortion. Most weren't forced by the father. And none were forced by an abortion clinic. I hear the opposite, from the people that have talked to me about their abortion. The abortion clinic is a very supportive. I know some people that feel no regrets. And 1 person that did, but she was forced by her parents.

13. Cearbhall

+5,388
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    What makes you think I'm an atheist? :scratch:

14. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+7,974
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I don't think anyone should get the death penalty. I also don't equate abortion with murder. If abortion is murder then so is warfare but no one is trying to make war illegal. I wonder why?

15. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+1,212
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Every video I seen. Have been proven to be edited to make plan parent look bad.

16. TheoNewstoss

+486
    Christian
    Private
    How are you defining murder?

17. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I don't know who you are asking the question of, but the facts are as plain as day. I was on a committee advising my government about sex education is schools. I said that if you introduce it is schools, there will be more teenage pregnancies. They didn't listen to me and they introduced it. In the first 10 years of sex education in schools, teen pregnancy rose dramatically. Every time there was a hue and cry about it the response was "we need more sex education in schools."

Open access to contraception will do nothing to stop teenage pregnancies as most teenagers who get pregnant and have an abortion do so when they are half drunk or the boy is and is forcing himself on the girl so there is little choice for the girl. How do I know this? As a teacher and volunteer at a pregnancy support centre I have heard it all.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  18. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+1,212
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I've read many people think the person doing the abortions. should get murder charges.

19. As I was saying

+200
    Non-Denom
    Married
    And I was resonding to Cearbhall's claim.

20. TheoNewstoss

+486
    Christian
    Private
    Sure you were, lol.