Death Penalty for Abortion

Would you support the death penalty for abortion?

• Total voters

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For He makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." [Matthew 5:38-48]

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know many on these forums support the death penalty for murder. Also many consider abortion to be murder. For those that believe both...do you support the execution of a woman that had an abortion performed? How about execution for the physician and any other medical staff that were involved?

Those named above will respond to the verdict of Almighty God.

You can explore His verdict in the passages on......
1. The Judgment Seat of Christ, and
2. The Great White Throne Judgment

.......not your judgment, not mine.

Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to what you all believe, everyone will be subject to the same judgment. And to the same grace and forgiveness.

As a seeker, you need to seek the answers provided in the aforementioned judgments found only in scripture.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As a seeker, you need to seek the answers provided in the aforementioned judgments found only in scripture.
As a seeker, I'm well versed in scripture, and I know that the price has been paid. Therefore don't seek to punish those you hate because you believe that you can speak for God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I know many on these forums support the death penalty for murder. Also many consider abortion to be murder. For those that believe both...do you support the execution of a woman that had an abortion performed? How about execution for the physician and any other medical staff that were involved?

FYI: the secular courts of the USA charge men with fetal homicide. In other words they already try men that kill fetuses as murderers.

Most people that commit murder in the USA do not get the death sentence.

I marked "No" on your poll by the way.

Upvote 0

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Life in prison. I don't support the death penalty at all. The proper exegesis for the infamous Romans passage doesn't start with the chapter break at Romans 13:1, it starts back in chapter 12 where God firmly establishes that ONLY He is to take vengeance. He then goes on to say that governments will punish evil with capital punishment. What's being stated is a re-affirmation of Old Testament examples of God weilding the sword through unregenerate men. Think about it. If Christians support the death penalty it creates two potential scenarios:
1. Christians as state executioners, possibly killing a fellow brother or sister in Christ.
2. Supporting the death of someone before they've had a full opportunity to convert.

I can't support either of those from Scripture, whereas a simple, obvious reading of Romans 12:17-Romans 13:10 shows me that I am not to take vengeance or support it. God will work through the fallen to do that.

I know this isn't the popular evangelical position, but it's a pretty plain reading of scripture to me. As well as a way out of the nonsense of killing people for killing people to show that killing people is wrong. God is not a God of confusion.

Addendum:
1. Self-defense and war are very different dynamics than a person who's been arrested and segregated from society.

Upvote 0

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Most "seekers" aren't doing a lot of seeking. They're engaging in confirmation bias.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why would anyone support that?

Also, in regards to people being charged with a criminal act for killing someones' fetus- do people SERIOUSLY not know the difference between this and voluntary abortion?

Hint: one involves consent from the mother, and the other doesn't.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We don't even give the death penalty to murderers in our society. In some very exceptional cases, it can happen, but they're very few. The Boston Bomber didn't get death, and the guy who shot up the movie theatre didn't get death, so why would it apply to every woman who has an abortion?

IOW, to pose this question, as though every woman who arranges for an abortion would be subjected to the death penalty, is not realistic.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The fact that people voted "yes" to this just tells me that there is a huge disconnect out there. They would willingly kill a grown woman, who may already be a mother to several children, who most likely has a husband, and in a high percentage of cases is a Christian. But let's wipe her out from her productive life, where she cares for others and leave children destitute, and family members heartbroken. Because that's "justice." It's impossible that Christians would vote for such a sharia-type punishment.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
FYI: the secular courts of the USA charge men with fetal homicide. In other words they already try men that kill fetuses as murderers.
Well, yes. It's not as if they can claim bodily autonomy. This seems rather obvious. Women get charged with this, too, when they aren't the pregnant one...
Also, in regards to people being charged with a criminal act for killing someones' fetus- do people SERIOUSLY not know the difference between this and voluntary abortion?

Hint: one involves consent from the mother, and the other doesn't.
They don't understand that abortion is legal for reasons of bodily autonomy, apparently, so they're confused when it's illegal for someone else to kill the fetus.

Reactions: KitKatMatt
Upvote 0