Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I suppose you have a safety net in your faith. You have a level of comfort in attending your places of worship.
That's fine. That's good.

But you have never been put through a very dark test entering the Church and if you ever had that, you would comprehend the graces of many Catholic converts/reverts as no one can put into words.
Not many can accept because it is difficult. Think difficulty level 100 on a game of 90 being the highest.

1. Your friends will back off after attacking the Church and you.
2. You family might also.
3. then evil will tempt you vehemently.
4. You will doubt, ponder, cry, fear...

5. And if as the many who walked away with his head down after Jesus said to sell all he had, and instead stay as like an Apostle, you'll be on fire even in the hardest moments. And through out life you may be tested but with faith and constant prayer, you'll make it.

This is the very difference between Catholicism and other churches.

God bless, we love you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'll note that you've posted this letter to Protestants in an forum where Protestants cannot reply and may not be reading.
You did.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

That's true. :)

However, I am not permitted to say whether WarriorAngel has accurately assessed the spiritual experiences of Protestant Christians.

Still, I am glad that WarriorAngel has found a good spiritual home in the Catholic church. Blessings to all of you whose journey has led you here.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... the graces of many Catholic converts/reverts as no one can put into words.
This ^ is so very true.
Some things you really just cannot put into words ...
except to praise the Lord.
:rose:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I suppose you have a safety net in your faith. You have a level of comfort in attending your places of worship.

But you have never been put through a very dark test entering the Church and if you ever had that, you would comprehend the graces of many Catholic converts/reverts as no one can put into words.
Not many can accept because it is difficult. Think difficulty level 100 on a game of 90 being the highest.

5. And if as the many who walked away with his head down after Jesus said to sell all he had, and instead stay as like an Apostle, you'll be on fire even in the hardest moments. And through out life you may be tested but with faith and constant prayer, you'll make it.

God bless, we love you.
My wife's experience was that even entertaining the idea of marrying a Catholic totally alienated her Protestant pastors from her. Deciding to become Catholic was akin to apostasy for them. But many members of that church showed up at our wedding nonetheless and she maintains contact with a few of them even after decades have gone by. Not perfectly smooth but not a disaster either. If anything the pastors inadvertently pushed her to become Catholic.

Family was interesting. Grandma finally figured out the wedding was in a Catholic Church. She was commenting on how beautiful the church was, then she figured it out, that it was a Catholic church and a Catholic priest. She said aunt Mable would turn over in her grave. Then she was fine and fussed no more. One of my wife's brothers later tried to convert me. He is Baptist. We talked most of the night. He got an earful and an appreciation. His son has since gone atheist and we keep in contact with him. Maybe he finds his way to an adult faith. We pray for that with my wife's brother.

Basically my wife never looked back. She says it was good for her. I think it was. Those first days dealing with her former pastors was challenging as they pushed hard to keep her free from being married to a papist.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That's true. :)

However, I am not permitted to say whether WarriorAngel has accurately assessed the spiritual experiences of Protestant Christians.

Still, I am glad that WarriorAngel has found a good spiritual home in the Catholic church. Blessings to all of you whose journey has led you here.
I have a lot of Protestant friends and some family. God Bless.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My wife's experience was that even entertaining the idea of marrying a Catholic totally alienated her Protestant pastors from her. Deciding to become Catholic was akin to apostasy for them. But many members of that church showed up at our wedding nonetheless and she maintains contact with a few of them even after decades have gone by. Not perfectly smooth but not a disaster either. If anything the pastors inadvertently pushed her to become Catholic.

Family was interesting. Grandma finally figured out the wedding was in a Catholic Church. She was commenting on how beautiful the church was, then she figured it out, that it was a Catholic church and a Catholic priest. She said aunt Mable would turn over in her grave. Then she was fine and fussed no more. One of my wife's brothers later tried to convert me. He is Baptist. We talked most of the night. He got an earful and an appreciation. His son has since gone atheist and we keep in contact with him. Maybe he finds his way to an adult faith. We pray for that with my wife's brother.

Basically my wife never looked back. She says it was good for her. I think it was. Those first days dealing with her former pastors was challenging as they pushed hard to keep her free from being married to a papist.
:groupray:

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless, we love you.
We all have a safety net, Jesus Christ of Nazareth!
Blessings.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Having crossed the Tiber in both directions I can say that there is great beauty and grace in the Catholic Church, it is a great blessing to many people, even if it is not the right fit for me and others that find a different path.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums