United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
thirstforknowledge said:
And he is a pathetic liar. After the blogswarm hits, it'll be interesting how Dean responds, because, well, we know he can't be silent. He owes his entire political career to netroots, so he certainly won't be silent.
Nothing at Kos. One diary each at My DD and My Left Wing, neither one's on the front page. Netroots folks would rather talk about Colbert for a whole freakin week than come to terms with something like this. I am so sick of Clinton and Dean sucking up to the right wing.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eryk said:
Nothing at Kos. One diary each at My DD and My Left Wing, neither one's on the front page. Netroots folks would rather talk about Colbert for a whole freakin week than come to terms with something like this. I am so sick of Clinton and Dean sucking up to the right wing.

Kos and My DD... yeah, well, I can't tell where the bussinessmen end and the bloggers begin anymore.

There's still americablog and firedoglake, both of which I respect much more than the others.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
chalice_thunder said:
Good luck to you all on that. I don't see it happening...but, who knows?
Few Americans do; when they do think of Canada at all, it's in terms of snow, ice, and hockey. But we do have Conservatives up here, and right now, we're in charge. :)
Again with the fallacy of the "liberal" mainstream media.
I didn't say liberal. But since you brought it up...
You are welcome to your opinion. IMO, the negative outweighs the positive at this point.
I can understand that, if you're watching the evening news. I don't, which is why I see the positive outweighing the negative.
George Washington University Constitutional Scholar Jonathan Turley said yesterday:
Well, first of all this President's theory of his power I think is now so extreme that it's unprecedented. He believes that he has the inherent authority to violate federal law. He has said that. Not just the signing statements and the infamous torture memo-that Alberto Gonzales signed. It was stated that he could in some circumstances order federal officials to violate federal law and this is consistent across the board with this President. Frankly, I'm not too sure what he thought he was swearing to when he took the oath of office to uphold the Constitution and our laws. I've never seen a President who is so uncomfortable in his constitutional skin.
Really? Lincoln rewrote the thing to get what he wanted. FDR violated it so many different ways it's hard to track them all. And of course, there's Slick Willie, who violated many of the same laws Bush is accused of breaking, including actual domestic wiretapping on political enemies, not suspected terrorists, not to mention siccing the IRS on people he didn't like.
But Bush is the one in the Oval Office. People are not paying a lot of attention to the polling data of others - mainly the precipitous slide of Bush...and well-deserved it is.
If people aren't paying attention to the polling data, why do we see a new poll every week? You'd think there was a presidential election going on with all the polls being thrown at us. And how many of these people being polled are being influenced by the deluge of polls coming out on a regular basis?
I dispute your assertion that they made it worse. Especially in the last 5 years - we are not the ones holding power. The mess clearly sits with the agenda-driven GOP, Bush, and his PNAC handlers.
Agenda-driven? The problem many conservatives are having is that there is no agenda; the Republicans are trying to be Democrat-lite, and it's ticking people off. The same thing caused the demise of the Progressive Conservative party of Canada; they were trying to be kinder, gentler Liberals, and people just kept electing the genuine article. If the Republicans start acting like the people who voted for them expect them to, you'll see the poll numbers skyrocket.
It's amazing to me that anyone can lack trust in the democrats at a time dirty politics and power grabbing is overwhelmingly (in the extreme) republican.
Uh-huh. Selective memory, anyone? The entire Delay case is a prime example of dirty politics; it was entirely politically motivated. Ronnie Earle is a proven Democrat hack who went jury-shopping to get an indictment. Scooter Libby is being hounded by the press for supposedly leaking the name of a woman who wasn't even covert anymore, while people who actively leaked sensitive national security information are lauded as whistleblowers because their actions hurt the Bush Administration. Dirty politics? Please. The Democrats wrote the book on it.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Eryk said:
Now you know how right-wingers felt when Bush sucked up to Kennedy on the NCLB act and other 'outreach' efforts.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Borealis said:
Really? Lincoln rewrote the thing to get what he wanted.
Did he? The constitution was amended, which is a legal way of changing the document. If you're talking about reconstruction, you'd have a point.

FDR violated it so many different ways it's hard to track them all.
He got the Supreme Court to go along with him. Again, that's the legal way of doing things.
And of course, there's Slick Willie, who violated many of the same laws Bush is accused of breaking
This is just plain wrong. I'd advise you not get your news from sources that think the Illuminati are an active force in politics.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Borealis said:
Few Americans do; when they do think of Canada at all, it's in terms of snow, ice, and hockey. But we do have Conservatives up here, and right now, we're in charge. :)
Well, I am an honorary Cannuck - I graduated from a BC boarding school...so I know a bit more about the Great White North.;)

Borealis said:
I didn't say liberal. But since you brought it up...
No you did not, but you DID imply it.

Borealis said:
I can understand that, if you're watching the evening news. I don't, which is why I see the positive outweighing the negative.
I mostly get my news online and from the NYT and Seattle Post Intelligencer. Jon Stewart is good too.

Borealis said:
Really? Lincoln rewrote the thing to get what he wanted. FDR violated it so many different ways it's hard to track them all. And of course, there's Slick Willie, who violated many of the same laws Bush is accused of breaking, including actual domestic wiretapping on political enemies, not suspected terrorists, not to mention siccing the IRS on people he didn't like.
I'm not saying other presidents didn't make power grabs - it's just this president has attempted to take more power than any other - on an exponential level.

Borealis said:
If people aren't paying attention to the polling data, why do we see a new poll every week? You'd think there was a presidential election going on with all the polls being thrown at us. And how many of these people being polled are being influenced by the deluge of polls coming out on a regular basis?
The most prevalent polls are the ones having the topic of Bush's approval rating.

Borealis said:
Agenda-driven? The problem many conservatives are having is that there is no agenda; the Republicans are trying to be Democrat-lite, and it's ticking people off. The same thing caused the demise of the Progressive Conservative party of Canada; they were trying to be kinder, gentler Liberals, and people just kept electing the genuine article. If the Republicans start acting like the people who voted for them expect them to, you'll see the poll numbers skyrocket.
There are very specific agendas right now. Among them, the PNAC's ghoulish plans. Then there's the pandering they do for the extreme right wing, which most decidedly DOES have an agenda - a very unAmerican one, at that.

Borealis said:
Uh-huh. Selective memory, anyone? The entire Delay case is a prime example of dirty politics; it was entirely politically motivated. Ronnie Earle is a proven Democrat hack who went jury-shopping to get an indictment. Scooter Libby is being hounded by the press for supposedly leaking the name of a woman who wasn't even covert anymore, while people who actively leaked sensitive national security information are lauded as whistleblowers because their actions hurt the Bush Administration. Dirty politics? Please. The Democrats wrote the book on it.

I suppose that is why Delay announced his June 9 retirement today. Earle found that where there's smoke, there's fire.

The Libby thing ain't over yet - watch for a Rove indictment any moment now.

Mary McCarthy is a true American Hero for bringing the information to light. Secrecy is the best refuge for the nefarious scoundrels who are in power right now - they depend on it.

Dems lily white? Absolutely not.
Did they write the book on it? That's open to interpretation.
Who is writing the current voluminous scandal-ridden tomes today? The GOP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I realize that my last post was WAY off topic, even if it was in reply to another poster.

SO - I have to agree that Dean was pretty skanky going on the 700 Club and saying what he said.

He issued a statement today correcting himself.
Too little, too late, IMO.

I expect better of him.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
chalice_thunder said:
I realize that my last post was WAY off topic, even if it was in reply to another poster.

SO - I have to agree that Dean was pretty skanky going on the 700 Club and saying what he said.

I expect better of him.

You shouldnt' expect better from him. He's a politician through and through. Nothing more and nothing less. He panders to the crowds he's with at the time. It's all about the votes brother.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The first weekend he was chairman, Howard flew to a party meeting in Orlando and just had to address the Florida Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Democratic Caucus.

Liberal papers and Democrats in the state were climbing the walls. Why, Howard why? We just lost an election, perhaps because of how we were perceived on this issue, why do you have to do this? We are regrouping. Can't this issue wait? Can't you bring up this stuff in, say, California or Vermont instead?

Howard Dean is truly the gift which keeps giving.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
burrow_owl said:
Did he? The constitution was amended, which is a legal way of changing the document. If you're talking about reconstruction, you'd have a point.
Among other things. Lincoln wasn't the hero a lot of people make him out to be.
He got the Supreme Court to go along with him. Again, that's the legal way of doing things.
Which, amazingly, is what Bush is doing, too.
This is just plain wrong. I'd advise you not get your news from sources that think the Illuminati are an active force in politics.
This coming from someone who quotes Jack Chick in his sig? Anyway, I have no idea what sources you might be referring to. Nobody I know or read buys into the Illuminati conspiracy. Those that do fall off my reading list in a big hurry.

Upvote 0

Alarum

Nov 5, 2004
✟6,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
chalice_thunder said:

I expect better of him.
Why? He's been a showman, playing a game, playing a crowd, using charisma to move him forward for quite some time now. I honestly expected no different. Those sort of people trip up sometimes - nobody can pull that off 24/7.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Borealis said:
I know this is a difficult point for the left to grasp, but Bush isn't going to be running for office in 2006 or 2008. His term is over. Why people keep talking as if they need to defeat Bush in the next election is beyond me. On the other hand, Kerry, Clinton, and possibly Dean are all potential candidates for the presidency. Thankfully, they aren't capable of disguising their utter incompatibility with mainstream Americans.
Dean is running for President?

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peacebestill said:
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Dean: We Oppose Gay Marriage Too

[/FONT] Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean has angered supporters in the gay and lesbian community by stating that his party opposes gay marriage.
Appearing on the Christian Broadcasting Network’s program "The 700 Club” on Wednesday, Dean declared: "The Democratic Party platform from 2004 says that marriage is between a man and a woman. That's what it says

All right, I understand why Dean would appear in a show like the 700 club, he wants to show conservative Christians that the Democratic party is not as bad as they might think. However, why didn't he have ready answers to those type of questions? Typical, ambigious, political answers that are easy to interpret in many ways while making them palatable to the desired demographic.

I hope Dean remains as the party chairman until 2009 :thumbsup:

Upvote 0