• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing with voices and paranoia.

SnowTiger

Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I've really been struggling lately with voices and fear. The evil voice that I hear in my head keeps making me feel like my worst fears will come true. The good voice keeps telling me that God loves me and all I have to do is have faith. Sometimes I argue with the good voice because I have a hard time feeling loved. I keep thinking of my past sins and sometimes I really feel unforgivable.

Anyone have any advice? I am taking medication and it helps, but I still hear voices all day long.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I've really been struggling lately with voices and fear. The evil voice that I hear in my head keeps making me feel like my worst fears will come true. The good voice keeps telling me that God loves me and all I have to do is have faith. Sometimes I argue with the good voice because I have a hard time feeling loved. I keep thinking of my past sins and sometimes I really feel unforgivable.

Anyone have any advice? I am taking medication and it helps, but I still hear voices all day long.

Thanks,

SnowTiger
Is this just an isolated psychotic episode or schizophrenia?

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia for years.
Ok, I just wanted to clarify. I had a psychotic episode but it was isolated. I can't imagine it reoccuring. Talking to professionals is really important. How is your life in general? Health, sleep and stress etc?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger

I used to suffer from acute paranoia.

Jesus taught me how to resist, and renounce it in His name.

This I applied consistently over several years and am now fully free.

That was 45 years ago - no remission. No ongoing drugs needed. Fully recovered.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always get good sleep. I'm very stressed out. Maybe I should get a talk therapist. I don't have one right now.
I think reducing stress will be really helpful. A therapist seems like a good idea, at least to combat how you're thinking. A lot of stress is caused by our own thinking and then it becomes a cycle. They can teach you various methods of thinking in a healthy way.

In the meantime look up self-care for Schizophrenia.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you are having such a hard time with satan attacking. i have been where you are right now plenty of times in the past. Battle on struggler, don't give in.

The best way to fight the voices is to love God and neighbour. Honest actively love God by putting your faith in Christ and actively love your neighbour, know that many people will perish not knowing Jesus as we may do.

Fear is a hard enemy to get past but we can love the voice of fear to death for fear has to do with punishment while love will have none of that.

So love Snowtiger. Love like your life depends on it, for it does. The more you love God and neighbour the more you will have love in your heart. Please do understand that God's love for you only comes when you place your faith in His Son Jesus. Jesus loved sinners so much that He prayed for their forgiveness even as they murdered Him, are your sin that scarlet? Then even then Jesus loves you to come to Him.

i fought the evil voices with loving God, my self as well as my neighbour. It was a hard job, especially loving myself proved to be hard. Yet The love of God is unrelentingly loving so in the end i got it. i have to love myself before i can rightly love my neighbour. Wanting God's love for myself as well as everybody else solved that dilemma for me not being selfish. For i know that selfish love is not faithful and doesn't love God nor neighbour. So decreasing in my big I helped my small i to get on the throne of my life, so Jesus rule over me and my kingdom will be His Kingdom.

Honest put your faith in His love and practise doing that throughout the day. See for yourself that when you have faith in His love fear will not be able to get you no matter how badly in howls at the door of our hearts. Faith in God's love is trust that Jesus does as He says, unlike ourselves to be, and that His righteousness dresses us instead of our own failed works.

Faith in His love will get you through all of this. Make it an obsession to have faith in His love and you will fare well my friend. Faith in His love grew me out of my inner hell into His Kingdom, and i love Jesus for it forever.

Highly recommend Jesus Christ to solve your problems with evil voices. His inner peaceful love is the best thing i ever encountered. i know He loves you to have faith in His love as well.

Ask God if you lack faith and practise it when you get it.

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger
I suggest that you get a book called "War on the Saints" by Jesse Penn-Lewis. It goes into the causes of such issues and how to deal with them. It helped me enormously.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello snowtiger,

Have you heard this:
Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but STEADFAST LOVE SURROUNDS THE ONE WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD. -Psalms 32:10

If you are having a hard time feeling loved, you must understand what you have heard, that is, until you start to trust in the love of God, you will not feel the steadfast love of God surround you.

What to trust ? You can find many God’s acts of love written in the Bible.

Also, you need to decide to trust the steadfast love of God in your head, no matter what the evil voice speaks or have spoken of fear — when you stop considering the evil voice, when you start considering to trust the steadfast love of God, that steadfast love will manifest in your life.

You have to be continuously trust love of God through out the day.
How ?
Meditate God’s words !
Store in God’s word in your brain !
Store the love, that is in His words in your heart.

Above all, seek the Lord’s mercy daily or every occasions you think that you have sinned, ask the Lord for forgiveness.

Pray this :
I submit myself to God. I resist all the voice of the enemies in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Pray again and again until those disturbing evil voice disappear, otherwise, you can’t sleep. When you are being harassed again with those voice of fear, pray again and again until those voice disappear.

Then immerse yourself with the mighty acts of God’s love written in the Bible.

Remember what God have said :
"Because he holds fast to Me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows My name. -Psalms 91:14

Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I know how it is like, and already feel like I exist isolated from my own mind, my "self" or the "I" is not something I can place in a particular spot in time and place. And I "only" have been diagnosed with complex PTSD, but with schizophrenia there's also those specific symptoms you describe. And I got voices in my head, but I know they're my mind mind just processing whatever the senses make me experience. Still mental anguish is very understandable, it's the real anguish that come along with physical problems, that people then become worried about.

I don't know how it can be healed though, when one is stuck with all the frightening symptoms you describe, and it's frightening because of how others react to it and how they give feedback. It's totally natural to be struggling mentally, it's only people that don't know any of that that become scared instead of having rational thoughts. But I've had a friend that I saw vanishing into this illness, and I so much wanted to help, because I remember how he was a perfectly normal person, before these voices convinced him that there no longer was any hope. That the road to the borders of sanity, are only one-way.

That's not true though. There's roads back. But then you have to start figuring out how to get on that road.

I can share with you what I believe is the road back. It's allowing ourselves to not having to try to change the whole world, or all at once. To focus on simpler things.

Also to allow ourselves to feel some relief from ourselves and our merciless judgement, as I have tried and felt I could do lately by asking for prayers and if I should be so hard on myself, because I've done so many things I wish I had not done. And that's my most difficult problem, to just take the forgiveness Christ have offered for free. So if I use myself as a example of a human, then perhaps this is also your difficulty. I've spent so much time suffering, because I don't think it's right I should simply accept Jesus, but it is right. It is good, and it's the only thing I think can solve any problem with anything that have to do with mental anguish.

So that's what I believe is the road back. To spend less time thinking of what's gone wrong, and instead look into what might go right if we just take the clarity of mind that is only possible to find in peace. And peace only in love.

Love is the strongest force of all. To spend time caring about ourselves a bit more, make us realize at once that also others need that we care about them. So if you start with simple things, like saying "hi" to someone, smiling, telling something kind to someone else that might not see any hope at all and not bother trying looking for something better. Small acts of kindness, is like how Jesus had a few fish and bread, and these blessings just became more and more, the more he gave. Love have no end, it's not possible to measure it's depths.

I hope some of these thoughts might help soothe your soul, as it soothe mine. I wish all good things for you and yours. That you can become a light in the dark world we live in. So many could need just a tiny shimmer of it, and then see Truth that become obvious.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟198,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger
The choice is yours, you can choose to listen to the evil voice or the good voice. The devil is known as the accuser, he accuses us all the time. He's also known as the father of lies, so his accusations are false because all believers have been forgiven for every past, present and future sins.

We all feel guilty for our past sins, but they have been forgiven so we should move on and try not to make the same mistakes again. But even if we do, we can repent and come before the Lord in prayer and He will give us a fresh start again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Drifter91

Jul 6, 2019
Seoul
✟14,547.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger
tell how you know yourself to yourself...whatever finds you find that whatever coping skills sings to you...once you do, you must will it away...
whatever the case...it is possible to not tell someone who you are...by staying under the radar and hiding your arrival destination patterns...
you must be your own champion and your own ultimate...you must know safety and peace in knowing all sides...without actually doing the bad things things sides...like manipulating without ever manipulating like healing or leading with manipulation.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ugly voice in my head keeps making me feel like I'm going to hell. I'm really afraid it will happen soon.

Have you heard THIS :

11 As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me! 12 For EVILS HAVE ENCOMPASSED ME BEYOND NUMBER; MY INIQUITIES HAVE OVERTAKEN ME, and I cannot see; they are more than the hairs of my head; my heart fails me.

13 BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME! O LORD, MAKE HASTE TO HELP ME! 14 Let those be put to shame and disappointed altogether who seek to snatch away my life; let those be turned back and brought to dishonor who delight in my hurt! 15 Let those be appalled because of their shame who say to me, "Aha, Aha!"

16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!" 17 As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!-Psalm 40:11-17

Humble yourself before God’s mighty hand and pray to the Lord to give you strength to repent wholeheartedly and in true contrition.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟408,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no need to fear underdog is here. The underdog comes from behind and accomplishes all he is supposed to accomplish. God bless you snow tiger and Santoso, don’t worry, keep fighting those voices. Don’t believe them and fight their persistence To come back so you don’t go backward. I have to do that all the time and I’m sick of it, but I keep going forward.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0