• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing with Judgemental Christians

Shawb

Mar 13, 2017
Connecticut
✟31,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was this person who came up to me and asked if I believed in Christ we were talking and he believed I was a bad Christian for liking fiction and video games. I’ve been in a funk about it for a few hours especially since it relates to my theme of OCD. I need some advice on how to get over it. I talked to people close to me about it who are also Christian and they assured me I did nothing wrong. I still feel terrible though

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
There is nothing wrong with liking fiction and video games (I like them too!) as long as they don't interfere with your relationship with God.

Something I have learned from being part of this Christian community is that there are some Christians who are judgmental and there are some Christians who think almost everything in this world is wrong/sinful. But there are also plenty of Christians who are not that way.

I say don't worry about one person's judgment; remember it is only his opinion anyway. Just continue to be yourself and enjoy your hobbies. Try to spend time around those who are not so judgmental. I hope this is of some help to you; God bless. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You do not have to feel bad about yourself. See yourself the way God sees you.

You belong to Christ. Your faith in Him counts as righteousness (Romans 4:5). You are clothed with the garments of salvation and the robe of righteousness (Isaiah 61:9-11). You are adopted by the Father, you are His child and His heir (Romans 8:15-16). The angels of heaven are rejoicing over you (Luke 15:10). You are forever part of the family of God and nothing can separate you from His love (Romans 8:38-39).

Upvote 0

bornagain98

Jul 27, 2019
Dingess
✟17,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love video games and fiction! I don't feel at all like they cause me to sin. Entertainment existed in Biblical times so I would assume if it was wrong that God would have warned about it.

There are some christians who feel convicted by enjoying those things, but they should not push a personal conviction on you. You are loved by Christ and you should not worry about a human's opinion when it is a FACT that God loves you. Prayers and love from your sister in Christ <3

Upvote 0