Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Andrew!:wave:

This is one I think I know the answer to.....:D

If I remember correctly, we are dead to the imputation of sin. Meaning we can't be blamed or punished any longer, because Jesus suffered all of our punishment on the cross for us! Sin has been completely done away with by His death and since it is completely gone, God ressurected Jesus to prove He did a finished work on the cross!:amen:

lovesblessing;)

(Or have I got two things mixed up there.....caused by listening to more than one sermon at a time!:D ;) )

Upvote 0

inrsoul

Veteran
Dec 1, 2004
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lovesblessing said:
Hi Andrew!

This is one I think I know the answer to.....

If I remember correctly, we are dead to the imputation of sin. Meaning we can't be blamed or punished any longer, because Jesus suffered all of our punishment on the cross for us! Sin has been completely done away with by His death and since it is completely gone, God ressurected Jesus to prove He did a finished work on the cross!

lovesblessing

(Or have I got two things mixed up there.....caused by listening to more than one sermon at a time!)

Yup precisely... Dead to the punishment of. We still sin but we're not held accountable by God however, there is still law of the land to contend with and the whole action/reaction deal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.