The Bard of Many Tales
Dec 28, 2006
Mesa, Arizona.
✟19,389.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Regretfully it has been quite a while since I've been to CF, and I hope to make a strong return. So, I'm glad to be back, and glad to present you with another game for the New Worlds!

~~~

Would one see Death and it's black cloak before it decended on him like a dove shrouded in death? Hail the horse, the noble steed, that carried the one they call Death. Pity the sorrowful, the lame, the broken. May Dawn come afore the end.

Scream out love's name in vain
Embrace the pain again
And lose yourself alone in the dark
On dead lovers' lane.
~Dead Lover's Lane, by H.I.M.

Nevermore, Nevermore!

~~~

The boy knows more than most can admit, and they called him the Oracle though they shunned his whispered prophesies and screamed nightmares. He saw the end like a dream, read time like a book. And he knows where hope lies in the dark.

The boy tells of the universe, the point at which all worlds meet, the joining between the light and dark, bone and marrow. On his diary, the long-forgotten book of scribbled words, he wrote the Changlings, the beings that guard his slumber. The boy sleeps, and writes with a quill that never runs dry, and tells the story of the worlds. The universe is his dream, the worlds his playing fields, the darkness his ink, the dead his tool. There is no escape save by the Lane, the Lane that runs between light and darkness, the ink and the paper.

Walk the Dead Lover's Lane, the last hope of survival, the open door to freedom that seems to move as on hands and knees you near it. Enter the shadow, the land of darkness, the everchanging blight, the world called Nevermore. A raven waits at the gate, and a raven watches the door. Keep your eyes on the Lane for survival, the hope of the last ones. You are the last ones, those left after the dream began to crumble, and what was will last nevermore.

~~~

The players will wake with scattered memories in a desert, vaguely remembering their own names and who they are. They are clothed accordingly, and may wake with equipment that they are able to carry, but nothing more. The characters may be anything you can imagine, within reasonable 'power' limits. Otherwise, there are no laws in stone.

Rules are normal, as unto CF.

Posting is normal paced, as I will check the thread once a day, possibly more if my work allows for it.

~~~

Be forewarned, this is not a standard roleplaying game, as in a specific set genre or universe. Readers of Stephen King's Dark Tower series may know what I am alluding to when I say this, and fans of the Twilight Zone will not be wandering in the dark. This is strange, and the strange can only get stranger.

Enjoy the game! (The game thread will be up shortly, when enough intrest is shown.)

Sylvengard

The Bard of Many Tales
Dec 28, 2006
Mesa, Arizona.
✟19,389.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Well, I feel like an idiot now. My internet recently crashed and thus I disappeared. (For anyone who cares, the router was giving me problems and the laptop couldn't stay connected to the internet, so I had to buy a new one two days ago.) So for the record, I should be able to stay.

In response to those joining the thread, welcome! Hopefully your stay will be enjoyable. :)

As for Shadow, yes we can. In case if you haven't stopped by this thread, I'll chuck you a PM momentarily just in case.

Upvote 0