Dead hear

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
John 5:25. .. talks about the few who while dead hear and rise. I guess the rest rolled over in their sleep. The Lord will not call again for another thousand years.. probably will throw them out of their beds this time. So answer the first time...

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
John 5:25. .. talks about the few who while dead hear and rise. I guess the rest rolled over in their sleep. The Lord will not call again for another thousand years.. probably will throw them out of their beds this time. So answer the first time...
That is a thought.^_^ It is so funny what we think about sometimes.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Lk 9:60
Yet He said to him, "Let the dead entomb their own dead. Yet you, coming away, publish the kingdom of God."

It appears that some who are physically alive, are spiritually dead.

(CLV) Mt 23:27
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are resembling the whitewashed sepulchers which outside, indeed, are appearing beautiful, yet inside they are crammed with the bones of the dead and all uncleanness.

(CLV) Mk 12:26
Now concerning the dead, that they are being roused; did you not read in the scroll of Moses, at the thorn bush, how God spoke to him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

It appears that some who are physically dead, are spiritually alive.

Until I meditated on this understanding, I had difficulty fully understanding how Elijah and Moses appeared on the mountain.

(CLV) Mk 9:1
And He said to them, "Verily, I am saying to you that there are some of those standing here who under no circumstances should be tasting death till they should be perceiving the kingdom of God having come in power."

(CLV) Mk 9:2
And after six days, Jesus is taking aside Peter and James and John and is bringing them up into a very high mountain, privately, alone. And He was transformed in front of them.

(CLV) Mk 9:3
And His garments became glistening, very white, as snow, such as not fuller on earth is able thus to whiten.

(CLV) Mk 9:4
And Elijah, together with Moses, was seen by them, and they were conferring with Jesus.

Upvote 0