• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

DC Mayor paints "Black Lives Matter" on street leading to White House

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by TLK Valentine, Jun 5, 2020.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    D.C. mayor has huge 'Black Lives Matter' name painted on street leading to White House

[​IMG]

On the one hand, BLM has a point when they say that such gestures are no substitute for actual policy changes,

On the other hand, it sends a message to Donald in no uncertain terms... while I cannot advise trying to out-petty Donald (he will always win such a contest), still...

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,169
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    DC has an African American majority. They may be expected to show favoritism to Black Lives Matter.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+14,353
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    If only all city services worked so quickly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member

+768
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    But I'm not supposed to drive across a solid yellow line...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,143
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Because Trump has been outspoken that black lives don't matter? Oh, wait, no, he hasn't. That's just the imaginary Trump that the left created. The message this sends is a false accusation. Insulting? Heck, yeah, it is.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+3,839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ya like in day to day functions.

7. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,457
    Non-Denom
    But what's the point? All the President has to say is, "Of course Black Lives Matter everyone agrees with that."

8. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+8,608
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...well, I guess we know who owns the street.

9. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+854
    Atheist
    Private
    It's a shame when such a racist organization has such power and influence in this country

• List
  10. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    Accusation of what?

11. Hammster

Hammster Showin’ how funky and strong is your fight Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+19,024
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Why did she (the mayor) think it was necessary?

Edited because I erred in rushing my post.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  12. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+17,921
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Expert level trolling by the mayor.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  13. Broken Fence

Broken Fence Stand with Jesus. He is with you in the whirlwind. Supporter

+1,114
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    That is really a good point.

14. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,120
    United States
    Married
    President Trump should pull the White House and Capitol building out of Washington D.C.

15. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Well-Known Member

+1,658
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    He won’t though. He can’t afford to lose the amount of support he would lose for saying that. He won on razor thin margins in 2016 and he has done nothing to make me believe if he wins in 2020 it will be any different.

16. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+8,608
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Good question for the AG. Why are armed federal agents from the Bureau of Prisons and other agencies occupying the District of Colombia uninvited by the local government?

17. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,457
    Non-Denom
    What do you mean? He's always had a position that Black Lives Do Matter.

18. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+3,410
    Christian
    Married
    I can see it now, the new Trump, DC, in Florida, and the new Gold House for the President to live and work in. I originally thought Mar-a-lago but I don't think he has room in Palm Beach, plus the wealthy residents there wouldn't approve.

I suspect he'd build it at the Trump Doral resort (which has been losing money). He listed all the advantages of the location when he proposed it for this summer's G7 summit. He should have more room there, and use eminent domain if he needs more. And I'm sure he'd be willing to lease the location to the government at a "bargain price," maybe only a couple of billion dollars per year -- providing the government agrees to fund his building a "Trump Gold House" Presidential mansion and a new (likely Gold, but maybe silver to show they are "lesser") Capitol Building.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Well-Known Member

+1,658
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    He may do it silently but he won’t say it in public. He has racists that support him and they will not vote for him if he says that. He can’t afford to lose any votes if he wants to win the election in November.

20. Hammster

Hammster Showin’ how funky and strong is your fight Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+19,024
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Actually, that wasn’t my question.