Los Angeles Area
✟820,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
DC Comics has a new superhero and His name is Jesus.

DC Vertigo will star Christ Himself in an upcoming comic series called Second Coming, which features Jesus returning to earth on a mission to "set the gospel straight," the plot summary reads. The series, written by Mark Russell and illustrated by Richard Pace, will debut in March 2019.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Dynadin

Mar 11, 2018
Tifton
✟128,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Back many years ago, there was a Marvel character named 'Him' who became, through comic book reasons, 'Adam Warlock'. Even as a kid reading the books, the parallels with Jesus were easy to see. I also seem to remember a ...maybe Daredevil issue in the 70's that had something to do with Ghost Rider, Satan and Jesus.
DC has had a few attempts at well, mostly in the Vertigo line. There are probably more recent ones in the years since.
thor cover scan.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Back in the 70s, the National Lampoon did a series called "Son-O-God" comics. It was about a nerdy Jewish guy from NYC who transforms into a Jesus Christ-like superhero. He tackles various religious bad guys. I read one issue belonging to a buddy of mine. It was pretty funny, but loaded with religious stereotypes, and very irreverent (though what would you expect from the National Lampoon?) ^_^

I'll bet these comics in good condition would be worth some money today.

christian-comics.jpg

Read National Lampoons Jew-Busting, Islam Bashing, Catholic Chastising Son O' God Comics From 1972-1976 - Flashbak

Upvote 0