• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

"DAYS OF VENGEANCE" Isaiah 61:2 and Luke 21:22 Revelation

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by LittleLambofJesus, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. I don't know right now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

25.0%
  1. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+5,258
    Christian
    Married
    In the video below Leeland Jones finds the scorpion, which was the symbol of the 10th Roman Legion, carved into the underground section of what has come to be known as "The Wailing Wall".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Willie T

Willie T St. Petersburg Vineyard

+1,759
    Christian
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thanks for your input keras.
    Please vote in my poll.....
    God bless

4. keras

keras Writer of studies on Bible prophecy

+1,830
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I didn't vote because the two scriptures are about two different events.
    Isaiah 61:2 ….the Day of vengeance, refers to the forthcoming Sixth Seal worldwide disaster.
    Luke 21:22 is the Roman conquest, Temple destroyed and the Jews dispersed for the second time.

Note: that the Jews have returned to a part of the holy Land, but as Ezekiel 21:14 prophesies, they face a third swing of the Sword and will once again be removed from there. Jeremiah 12:14

5. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+5,744
    Anglican
    Married
    Like you just posted - not ALL Jews were killed....the faithful remnant and the Gentiles that had joined them were all spared by heeding the instructions that Jesus (and His apostles had given). This destruction also gave them rest from persecution they had been enduring:

Luke 21:20-22 ~ But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, you will know that her desolation is near. Then those in Judea, let them flee to the mountains; and those in her midst, let them depart out; and those in the countries, let them not enter into her. For these are the days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written.

6. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Scorpion......huge crossbow......70AD Jerusalem..........

Revelation 9:5 And was given to them that not they should be killing them, but that they should be being tormented five months
    And the torment of them as torment of a scorpion/skorpiou <4651>, whenever it should be striking a man;

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover.........................

..............This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A.D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding.
    =================
    JOSEPHUS, OLIVET DISCOURSE AND BOOK OF REVELATION

[​IMG]

7. keras

keras Writer of studies on Bible prophecy

+1,830
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    To fulfill all that is Written..... About the Roman conquest, obviously not for every prophecy; then, in the first century.

The Christians who escaped went to Pella, on the east bank of the Jordan, safe from the Roman armies.
    I have visited the ruins of Pella, there was a Byzantine Church there. It was an extremely hot day that I was there and I was the only one to get out of our van, [Air conditioner going strong!] to look around.
    But it seems that those Christians failed to keep to the faith, as it was from that area that the Mishna and the Talmud were composed and written by people like Rabbi Akiva. Certainally, there is no Christian presence there now, or of any significance in all of the holy Land today.