• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Day two

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+4,773
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    This is ridiculous. Erdogan has been after Gulen for years (Gulen is one of his biggest critics) and has been trying to get the US to extradite him. The US has always refused because handing authoritarian leaders their critics is not a very good look for anyone.

Flynn and his son are accused of having negotiated a deal with Turkey to rendition Gulen back to Turkey for $15m personally paid to them. Now tell me please, does that sound like some great act of patriotism to you?

Except now many months later we suddenly hear that oh no Gulen was a terrorist and the Clintons were involved! (give me a break..).

This is just complete nonsense conspiracy theory stuff and has no place in a serious discussion about Flynn and his crimes.

2. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+2,595
    Christian
    Married
    I'm sorry, no, just no. It appears, from what I can see, most of this is a conspiracy theory that ties together a few actual facts with a lot of propaganda from Turkey, and the source is a blog post on a far right wing site.

In fact, rather than some conspiracy that is about to be uncovered, Flynn's deputies that were pushing this conspiracy have been indicted by Trump's DoJ, with a couple of Trump appointed federal assistant AGs announcing the arrest. From the announcement of the charges, "According to allegations in the indictment, the two men were involved in a conspiracy to covertly influence U.S. politicians and public opinion against a Turkish citizen living in the United States whose extradition had been requested by the Government of Turkey."

Except for the issue that the evidence, from what I can find, is mostly where Fethullah Gülen was critical of Erdrogan -- not any actual evidence he was part of any attempted coup. It is further worth pointing out that the Daily Sabah is essentially Erdrogan's mouthpiece, and is not a source for reliable information.

Except for the lack of evidence that it is a terrorist organization.

And none of this is even worth discussing -- since the first part of your post is, from the actual facts in evidence, false.

No, it is not a coup. As people keep saying, Trump, while he may be impeached, is unlikely to be removed from office. Even if he is removed from office, that means that nearly half, at a minimum, of Republican Senators will find Trump guilty of "high crimes and misdemeanors." It further will merely mean that Pence takes over as President, not any type of actual coup.

3. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+552
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Both

4. Ricky M

+552
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    They're in cahoots. The dems have dumbed us down and the reps are taking advantage of that. And if a page from the opposer's play book will serve your purpose, why not?

5. Ricky M

+552
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Whether Biden did anything illegal is irrelevant to Trump. These days Trump only has to make it appear Biden is. And as usual T tried to use the path of least resistance - and wound up on the path of most resistance.

6. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,613
    Methodist
    Married
    Meh, we all have the right to defend ourselves any way we see fit.

When the judge, jury and prosecutor are stacked against you, one uses the bully pulpit. Pelosi and Schiff have attempted eight ways from Sunday to box the president in. He's not playing their game. He's not playing by their rules. Why should he?

7. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,739
    Catholic
    Married
    Incorrect. There has been nothing which rises to Constitutional treason. At least that which the investigations has revealed, thus far.

8. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+1,767
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I'm not sure where anyone would get the impression that Chief Justice Roberts (the judge) and the Senate (the jury) are stacked against Trump. Schiff (the prosecutor), sure, but that's kind of the prosecutor's job.

9. NightHawkeye

+8,613
    Methodist
    Married
    At the moment the trial is only in the House, not the Senate.

The trial at the moment is totally stacked against the president. I understand that Schiff and the Democrats would like the president to remain silent ... but why should he? :scratch:
    Incorrect.

The prosecutor's job is to make the case ... not to railroad anybody.

10. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+1,767
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What is currently in progress is not, in any way, shape or form, a trial. Calling it one doesn't change that.

Which Schiff is doing.

11. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+7,091
    Atheist
    Private
    Backs away slowly, noting that we do have a separate conspiracy theory forum for a reason.

12. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,710
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I haven't seen any proof of this.
    Trump keeps getting himself into trouble. They cant just sit there, not do their jobs.
    He's the on playing games.
    When you break laws , of course you don't abide by the laws.
    Because that's what grown up do. And he's not defending him self on twitter. He's harassing, the people testifying against him.

13. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,857
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Trump threatened her on Twitter? Do tell us what threat he made!
    (This should be interesting!)

14. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+6,768
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ....railroading? Oh the drama...oddly, I witnessed the GOP committee members whine more about their democratic fellow committee members than do any effective questioning of the witnesses.

15. NightHawkeye

+8,613
    Methodist
    Married
    Did you happen to notice that the GOP was repeatedly prevented from questioning by Adam Schiff?

16. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+6,768
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ....not for the witness.

17. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,126
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yes. That was awesome!

18. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+707
    Non-Denom
    Awesome for what? For those who love tyranny? What's so awesome about not allowing questions in a hearing that's billed to be as open and transparent?

19. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,126
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Just seeing Jim Jordan get so worked up was the highlight of the day for me. And it’s not tyranny. The Chairman is in charge of the hearings and everyone there is well aware of that but it plays well with their base to act like victims.

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,857
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sounds familiar......

Schiff: "now the President — in realtime — is attacking you. What effect do you think that has on other witnesses willingness to come forward and expose wrongdoing?"

Yovanovitch: "It's very intimidating."

Schiff: "It's designed to intimidate, is it not?"

And here's CNN with a nice little picture to make Yovanovitch look like a "victim": Schiff just accused President Trump of witness intimidation after his real-time tweets

[​IMG]