Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Verse 3 stood out to me, especially after today. My assistant and I have been running into some trouble with a couple of our kids and their families. Today's chapter was a good reminder to take a breath and think before we speak, not to speak out of frustration. Every time we allow our frustrations to color our words, the situations only escalate. However, when we are able to think clearly and seek counsel, we build much more positive relationships with the children and families as we partner together in education.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 13, verse 14 stood out for me:

"The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death."

Reminds me of the promises of long life to those who God deems righteous, because they LOVE God, and therefore are deemed wise. Wisdom prolong-eth life, and showers blessings and favor on those who are hungry for wisdom and seeketh it as pure gold with one o' these (DELVING into the Bible, amen!) Woooo Hooooo!!! :clap:

shovel-dirt.jpg

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches. - Proverbs 13:7

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that... Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Our brains output is a result of E/c2
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

It is amazing thing that we can harden our heart against the spiritual E/c2, or we can allow our heart to remain melted and tender. In the Proverbs it speaks of he who makes himself rich, but has nothing. The reason is because the spiritual E/c2 is neither the natural or mental E/c2. You cannot learn or buy the spiritual E/c2, it comes out of he who tends to his virtue.

And part of the nurture of virtue is being merciful to the needy.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 13
3 Self control means controlling the tongue! A quick retort can ruin everything.

cc67f8b1a670cbef3e21ea3e79aa685c.jpg

James 3 verse 5 The tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 13, verse 21 stood out for me:

"Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed."

Well this kinda made me chuckle, cuz it says evil "pursues" sinners (it literally "runs after" them)

Can you picture that?

And it also reminded me of the complete opposite of what "chases after" the righteous. Look at this verse:

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." ~Deuteronomy 28:2

This means that if one is righteous, God's blessings will "hunt them down" and OVERTAKE them!!! Hahaaaa! God is SEEEERIOUS about blessing His own!

is that awesome or WHAT?!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 13, this verse stood out for me.....

as i was thinking about it, it's almost as if we must "seek" out the wise to commune with and walk with, like digging for "treasure", even using one o' these:

ShovelDIrtDigging.jpg

Amen!

4c9de67102efedcd46922464da5d5e1e.jpg

Upvote 0