East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So excited and can't wait currently have 29 Quail and I am trying my hand at hatching more :bird::chicken::babychick::rooster:
I have Turkey, duck, chicken, and quail. So this is my first try with hatching my quail egg.

Does anyone else have experience in this area?

Pictures below

Last edited:

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So excited and can't wait currently have 29 Quail and I am trying my hand at hatching more :bird::chicken::babychick::rooster:
I have Turkey, duck, chicken, and quail. So this is my first try with hatching my quail egg.

Does anyone else have experience in this area?
I don't have any experience with quails, but it is a coincidence that yesterday my grandson got to visit with our neighbor up the road that raises quails. Last fall he gave us a jar of pickled quail eggs. He has too many to let them all hatch.
Good luck with your new baby/s.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any experience with quails, but it is a coincidence that yesterday my grandson got to visit with our neighbor up the road that raises quails. Last fall he gave us a jar of pickled quail eggs. He has too many to let them all hatch.
Good luck with your new baby/s.
Thank you, I was trying to post my photos and it's not working for some reason, sorry about that.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now that you've created a thread for this, it means you'll have no choice but to send us pictures of the chicks whenever they hatch. :)
YOU BEST BELIEVE I AM and I love their whistling :hatchingchick:
ae1122d08754bf0f9f795c821291fc05.jpg

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Long time ago I saw a wild Quail mother with her chicks. I was riding some bike trails and they crossed the trail further down, in front of me. Then disappeared into the bush. Don't worry, i didn't run them over.

Are Quail able to fly? Because these that I saw just ran away. They had some feathers on their head, so I believe they were quail. This happened way in the past.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long time ago I saw a wild Quail mother with her chicks. I was riding some bike trails and they crossed the trail further down, in front of me. Then disappeared into the bush. Don't worry, i didn't run them over.

Are Quail able to fly? Because these that I saw just ran away. They had some feathers on their head, so I believe they were quail. This happened way in the past.
Oh yes they can fly really well, they are super fast, but after some time in captivity they don't fly as much, once in awhile I have one to get loose and at that point, they walk more than fly, but they can still fly. They are very friendly birds and would even make great pets for some and they love love bread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is so great solomons porch.
We too raised quail , chickens, turkeys , ducks , geese, and others.
I remember we had to turn the eggs I think once or twice a day, so we marked O and x
We had bobwhites , blues and pharaohs. And you bet they can fly like the wind.
We had them enclosed in an outside area , a shed like area.
We never incubated the turkey eggs, but we did chickens and quails right from the egg.
I remember the male bob white has the white ring , while the female seemed more yellowish.
IF memory serves right, I think the bob white eggs were white with brown specks.
They can be raised for pets. the two pharaohs we kept inside in a cage
LEORY and ELORY were their names . And Leroy was the male.
I remember when we had hatched others, that one male was picking on some.
So mama put him in with LEROY and its attitude got adjusted asap. But that was mama.
It makes me want to raise them again. I would have to enclose the top in the back though.
due to the dogs would have a hay day killing them.
You got your own little farm slayer...................well raise them good.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
IS this day one of the incubation.
You have to flip the eggs , this I do remember.
put them on their side and put and x on one side with a marker
and an O on one side . every day flip them , start with all O side , then flip to the X side .
now I cant remember if we did this once a day or twice.
Mothers in the wild move their eggs like this. I don't really know why we did it.
but we did. Even our chicken eggs we did like this. Mama never said why.
nor did our teacher who did this . but they stressed it.
man, its been so many years, I was live five to around ten. So yeah its been a long time.
We did raise chickens and ducks and geese and guinea , later, but we bought them a chicks.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IS this day one of the incubation.
You have to flip the eggs , this I do remember.
put them on their side and put and x on one side with a marker
and an O on one side . every day flip them , start with all O side , then flip to the X side .
now I cant remember if we did this once a day or twice.
Mothers in the wild move their eggs like this. I don't really know why we did it.
but we did. Even our chicken eggs we did like this. Mama never said why.
nor did our teacher who did this . but they stressed it.
man, its been so many years, I was live five to around ten. So yeah its been a long time.
We did raise chickens and ducks and geese and guinea , later, but we bought them a chicks.
Yep this is day #1 just got in the incubator today and I believe I am to flip them 3 times a day. Maybe you should start back raising you some, they make wonderful relaxing sounds. My daddy used to whistle like that to get me to come home and every time I hear them, it makes me wanna yell: SIR I'M RIGH HERE :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep this is day #1 just got in the incubator today and I believe I am to flip them 3 times a day.

I was wondering how you were doing that. Thinking to myself, "Boy, that's gonna be a bummer if they don't hatch." You ever done this with quail before?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering how you were doing that. Thinking to myself, "Boy, that's gonna be a bummer if they don't hatch." You ever done this with quail before?
No not with quail this is my first time hatching them and the incubator is homemade (of course) and is holding temp and humidity perfectly *pats self on back while nobody's lookin*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank ya Lilac I will post them 4sure ;)
Isnt it about twenty to twenty four days before they hatch.
Its funny you brought up the whistle thing. That is how our dad used to call us for dinner time.
Every time the kids in the neighbor hood heard it, they knew we boys was getting whisteled home
for dinner.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isnt it about twenty to twenty four days before they hatch.
Its funny you brought up the whistle thing. That is how our dad used to call us for dinner time.
Every time the kids in the neighbor hood heard it, they knew we boys was getting whisteled home
for dinner.
Yeah its true, every time I hear them whistle I wanna yell out SIR and go running home thinking my daddy is calling. My parents live beside me and he was hanging out his clothes just yesterday, and I said, daddy, every time I hear them birds whistle I think of you ( it made his day). Yep, we all knew that whistle was a round up call for sure.

I read that it takes anywhere from 17 - 24 days for hatching and I am hoping I got everything right. I love the sounds they make, you should give it a try!

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I can't wait to see the chicks. I hope it all goes well for you. We have California quail, (wild) out here all over the place and I love this time of year when they have their chicks and they are tiny as cotton balls. Very cute. I imagine yours will be same size.

Upvote 0