Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No doubt David's situation in the I Sam 30 account was extremely difficult. He and his men returned to camp and found their dwellings and everything was burnt plus their wives and families were gone. Then the guys who just fought with David talked of killing him.

Next:
- David wept until he couldn't
- then he encouraged himself in The Lord
- he asks Yahweh what to do

Looking at this list, it seems for the most part, he dealt with his emotions first. Then he readjusted his focus back on Yahweh. David knew Yahweh was the source of his strength and courage. What were his thoughts? Perhaps he chose Psa 145 includes I extol you my Yahweh oh King. You are great and greatly to be praised and your greatness is unsearchable. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. Lord, you are gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. Lord, you are good to all: and your tender mercies are over all your works. I will bless your holy name forever and ever.

Also, David didn't assume what Yahweh would want him to do. He encouraged himself in The Lord then asks Him what to do. Sometimes it's hard to hear Yahweh when things are chaotic but this process worked for David. Once David got His answer, he obeyed and was successful. So he heard accurately.

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Either day to day or even those lowest of low points, the finer character of encouragement is first accepting the reality of our actions, humbly repent being essential for the petulant disobedience, and then free that acceptance back into belief. Belief that what was just accepted won’t now be the sentence upon me because of Who lives.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No doubt David's situation in the I Sam 30 account was extremely difficult. He and his men returned to camp and found their dwellings and everything was burnt plus their wives and families were gone. Then the guys who just fought with David talked of killing him.

Next:
- David wept until he couldn't
- then he encouraged himself in The Lord
- he asks Yahweh what to do

Looking at this list, it seems for the most part, he dealt with his emotions first. Then he readjusted his focus back on Yahweh. David knew Yahweh was the source of his strength and courage. What were his thoughts? Perhaps he chose Psa 145 includes I extol you my Yahweh oh King. You are great and greatly to be praised and your greatness is unsearchable. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. Lord, you are gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. Lord, you are good to all: and your tender mercies are over all your works. I will bless your holy name forever and ever.

Also, David didn't assume what Yahweh would want him to do. He encouraged himself in The Lord then asks Him what to do. Sometimes it's hard to hear Yahweh when things are chaotic but this process worked for David. Once David got His answer, he obeyed and was successful. So he heard accurately.
Thankyou "tturt!' Your answer was so apt and encouraging!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Either day to day or even those lowest of low points, the finer character of encouragement is first accepting the reality of our actions, humbly repent being essential for the petulant disobedience, and then free that acceptance back into belief. Belief that what was just accepted won’t now be the sentence upon me because of Who lives.
Thankyou also 'rock' for the encouraging you bring!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
David was a 'man after God's own heart'. He made mistakes but repented and 'encouraged himself in the Lord'. How did he and how do you encourage yourself in the LORD?
Read and Pray Psalms ! Meditate continually on YHWH'S WORD As YHWH says in PSALMS 1 and many other, and not on man's ways[evil doers].

YHWH'S WORD in PSALMS IS WONDERFUL,
encouraging,
refreshing,
enlightening,
strengthening,
restoring to the heart,
uplifting to the spirit who seeks YHWH,
healing to the discouraged, comforting TO THE SHEEP ! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
David said,I will bless the LORD at all times. His praise shall be continually in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD,the humble shall hear thereof and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me and let us exalt His Name together. I sought the LORD and He heard my cry and delivered me from all my fears' (Psalm 34:1-4)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That's the reason I think David had learned the key to turn his focus from himself to Yahweh.
. It was David who went to look for His brother to encourage them but was misunderstood and ended up fighting the giant Goliath. God certainly encouraged him to defeat the enemy on many an occasion!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0