David Blaine - Magician or devil's helper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just stumbled across this thread after someone brought it back to life :)

I do illusions, and know how david Blaine dose most of his Tricks, and my 4 Year old even tries to do the Levation one :) (It's that simple)

Every Illusion he dose on TV is just that an Illusion, when someone states they are a magicion, the first thing they are saying is "I'm going to lie to you" and then they do :)

Every trick can be explained, Why dont we show you then ?? Because it cost Us $$$ to learn the tricks, you want to learn then spend some $$$. a simple trick might only cost you $10-$50 US, but a good levation can run into the Thousands.

Upvote 0

66FuzzyBunnay66

Apr 27, 2004
Canada
✟114.00
Faith
Anglican
The majority of Canadians hold high regard for our American brothers and sisters. Myself being one. :)

See, now I'm now I'm really starting to see the 'Smoke and Mirrors' routine going on here....
'That's nice'... So you may say...
I am originally from Calgary, Alberta, I grew up during the Reagan Era in AZ. Then moved back to DEdmonton, AB.... On top of the rivalry between those two hockey cities... It didn't help having accumulated a American Accent... As far as I can still tell you, I still haven't lost it, but it 'isn't' too easy finding and keeping a steady job... I always get people asking me where I'm from? I tell them Calgary......? It just never seems 'good enough' to them, I dunno, I live at the disposal of weird people with strange accents... I know am not the one who is strange- but I'll still stick with the point of the advertising features of Molson Canadian, a Major Campaign Contributor to the Ever-Liver-loving Liberal Party.

Well, I must warn you then...Be prepared to encounter highly trained, snowball throwing, beer drinking, maple-syrup covered 'attack beavers'...with attitudes...:mad:

Beer drinking.... I was saying...?

Well then, in that case I think it better serves American interests to find a peaceful resilution to the situation. We're not messing with beavers, with or without maple syrup.^_^

You know how high the price is to buy maple syrup up here? You could probably wind up buying a couple of Beavers for the price of (1) 500 ml (roughly a half quart in the US) of Maple Syrup these days.

No, seriously there is always a complimentary friendly Canadian (such as kel) who will make up for the rest of the Country's personal issues... Nothing personal Kel, I just don't see it how you see it, here... From my own perspective. I honestly wish I could see it that way to...

The moral of the story is? whether it be, magicians, politicians, or CANADIAN Beer Distributor's I don't believe the hype- right off the top of my head- until I've fullly investigated what they do, before I invest my $$$ in something I'll regret owning in the future.... (just as what was suggested by *forget name- sorry* on one of the last post's)

I've never seen anyone preform magic, with a beaver before.. Hey!? :idea:

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kenneth middleton said:
What is the test that what he does is real or a hoax? and if it is real is it of God or Satan. Does God get any glory out of what he does, or does the devil?

David Blaine is an illusionist, as all magicians are. There is nothing real to what they do...it's all smoke and mirrors.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dark_Lite said:
2 year old threads are not fun.

I seriously think threads should be deleted after like... 3 months of inactivity or something.

I sure hope not. I like looking back at old threads, even from years ago. Maybe there should be a cut off date as far as responding goes, but I definitely would not be in favor of actually deleting old threads.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

geogm77

May 8, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Anglican
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know my opinion of David Blaine's so called magic. Believe me this guy is doing real EVIL stuff. I would like to say here that I am not a religious fanatic.

The stuff he does is a mixture of Card tricks and evil magic. Since Card tricks are an integral part of magic we would think this guy is doing a magic trick. But what he is really doing is using his evil power to get the desired result. You ask me how I am so sure...

Everyone knows that it is not possible to read thoughts of another human being ot even animals directly other than using techniques such as hypnotism. If a man needs this power you have to get it from a source more powerful than him.

About the levitation, according to yoga which was developed over the centuries in India, it is possible to levitate, provided that you dedicate you entire life for the same. You should be able to activate the 5 power sources of the body to levitate. I don’t think you can levitate standing. You should be seated according to the rules of yoga and reach a higher state of meditation to reach this level. This too has not been proved although it is mentioned that many dedicated people yogis in India have done this through years of meditation and dedication.

It you can levitate the body right away without very casually when speaking to a person on the street or is able to levitate an object, you have to have some source of abnormal power.

This guy seems to have got this power from some source of worship. Also note that he is often in a state of trance…

It is David Blaine himself who reveals this...

Please carefully watch the magic show of David Blaine on AXN... You will note that there will be short...very short scenes of his worshipping the devil... these scenes will last only for some seconds...

People who do not understand the teachings of the Bible will not understand what is happending here or as a matter of fact I had noticed that many do not even seem to remember these visuals within a short period of watching these videos.

Thank you.

George Mathew,
India.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
George, I can appreciate your concern, but the stuff Blaine does is not magic at all. It's all illusions, but of course it's not made to appear that way. Blaine has never truly levitated; it's all smoke and mirrors accomplished through TV editing.

Two years ago there was a whole host of TV specials that exposed all of the tricks behind what Blaine and Copperfield do (the levitation, the card tricks, mind reading, etc). Those guys are both masterful at their trade because they've been very successful in convincing you and others into believing that their illusions are in fact real magical powers, and they are not.

Now you're living in India, and I'm sure there are certainly people there who delve into legitimate magical powers , but the stuff that Blaine and Copperfield do falls into the realm of hi-tech parlor tricks, nothing more.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

ebonyjane

Sep 19, 2005
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
I first witnessed this so called "magic" last night on TV. I was disturbed to say the least and at the same time I was intrigued and curious.

It is not christian to pass a negative judgement on a fellow man, especially when the media is involved. It is expensive to live comfortably in NYC and David's antics are making him money.

I do not promote, condone or aknowledge that this man is of God and seriously had my doubts untill he said "god bless everyone" and I saw the life size cross tatood (sp) on his back. Than again, some say satan is their god.

I am also led to believe that Mr. Blain is exploiting his powers for profit and may paint a sinister image for pure hype.

I know from experience that some people are gifted. Able to tap into the planes that humans normally can not see. This David Blaine is one of us. After years of studying under his teacher, who's creed is also unknown, his talent or gift has become very powerful.

Anyway, we are actually our spirit. Our human body is a mere vessle.

We are all capable of everything David Blane is. The intention must be with the Lord, Jehovah. One God. One Love.

:clap: Remember, 2 Corinthians 11:14 says that "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Brothers and sisters, those who appear dark and sinister are most likley quite the contrary, especially today. The Devil and his helpers will come to us through masks of virtue, innocence and light.

David Blaine is powerful. Let's prey it is the right power.

Peace and blessings,

EJSB

AMEN

Upvote 0

ebonyjane

Sep 19, 2005
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Illusion is what the eye sees. There is a fine line between what is truth and what is an illusion, death and life, dreams and reality, magic blurrs that line.

We can sit here and debate wheather it is true or not. Fact is, it is what you think it is. That is the irony.

Magic is real. However, when it is used to manipulate people, decieve, destroy and for pure personal gain, it becomes DARK and therefor, very, very dangerous. The magician can cause great spiritual harm to his soul and be tormented for eternity, such as Chris Angel.

I would strongly reccomend to steer clear of any medium that warps the perception of fact and fiction. Ask the lord for guidence in all we do.

The holy ghost is spirit, what we feel but can not see. That is a form of magic. When our prayers are mysteriously answered. Magic.

Signs are everywhere. Magic is simply believing and focusing our strong human energy on that belief. Prayer and meditation is good magic.

In christ, our saviour,
God, Our father
and spirit, our life.

EJSB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ebonyjane said:
I don't know what footage you have seen or where you are getting your facts from but I know that there is so much more to this than smoke mirrors and illusion. I wish.
I'm sorry, Jane, but what Blain does is smoke and mirrors, nothing more. There were several TV specials exposing all of Blain's and Copperfield's magic tricks that aired about three years ago. That's where I'm getting my facts from. These men are professional illusionists, like Huddini was, not sorcerers. I don't know why you want to believe there is "so much more" to Blain's illusions, but the fact that you believe his illusions are real is just a testament to how good he is at fooling his audience. Believe me, I was fooled too when his shows first aired.

I stated it in an earlier post that I do believe there are those in the world dabbling in the supernatural, but guys like Blain and Copperfield aren't in that crowd.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
soulsisterclaire said:
You may have seen this guy doing all sorts of Magic tricks on public TV. He does what I consider "real" magic. The scary kind. Of the devil in my opinion.
Oh, please! The guy's a stage conjuror, for crying out loud! A pretty doggone good one, to be sure, but that's all it is.

He can levitate(sp?)
Yep, so can I just as he can. In fact, my my co-workers were so freaked out by it that they insisted that I show them how it was done. I told 'em that knowing how a magician's tricks are done is always a disapointment, but they insisted, so I showed 'em. Sure enough, they were disappointed; it's always humbling to see how easily we can be fooled.

This guy has also frozen himself in a block of ice right in the middle of New York City for all to gawk at for days. He survived when he was not supposed to. I heard he also buried himself alive and survived. I think he is planning to jump off of a building next or something equally insane.
Those aren't even especially good tricks; most anyone who takes the time can figure our how they're done.

I only mention this, cause everytime I see one of these TV specials I think of the part of the Bible that says that there will be people doing "miracles" in the last days.
Somehow I don't usually think of "miracles" beginning with the words "pick a card".

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
soulsisterclaire said:
I don't believe that his magic is a "slight of hand" or due to any training, he is only in his 20's after all. How do you levitate by training?
Depends on what you mean by "levitate". If you mean "create the illusion that you're rising from the ground", then yeah, it's all about training. If you mean actually rising from the ground unsupported, then not only can you not do it as a result of training, you can't do it at all.

It's a trick. That's what magicians do.

I agree his eyes are quite disturbing. His mannerisms are spooky too.
They're supposed to be, he's a magician.

I remember reading in the Bible somewhere that magic is of the devil, whether it is "real" or not does not matter.
No, that you did not. There's no reference in the Bible to "magic" in any context other than the Egyptian "magicians" who tried to use their tricks to match God's miracles (they thought Moses was a magician doing conjuring tricks as well, and they quickly found out that they were mistaken), and in the sense of fortune tellers or seers. "Magic" has always been a matter of fooling the credulous, either to entertain, or to try and manipulate.

I believe it says the same thing about pyschics and horoscopes, although it doesn't use those same words, something like that though.
Both of whom are frauds and crooks, so it's little wonder that God has condenmed that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oneiric said:
The other day I witnessed mind reading...and it wasn't a crock like i thought it would be. They really read minds...it was very very scary.
Good grief! They do NOT read minds! Do NOT succumb to that kind of superstition, it's both unChristian and silly. It's a stage trick, nothing more. If the person doing it was doing it to entertain, then it's fine. If they were doing it alleging that it was real, then they were liars and frauds. In neither case should you accept it at face value.

Google "cold reading" to see how most "mind readers" and "psychics" work. You may save yourself, or someone else, from being duped. And make no mistake, these charlatans bilk people out of thousands of dollars every year. Christians, more than anyone else, should know better.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.