David Blaine - Magician or devil's helper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Gary777 said:
If David Blaine is demonic, then what about this Criss Angel dude? Man, he looks like a demon. And he did a great levitation trick where he made a girl float, right there on the street. BUT...its was on tv! and it can be done easily on camera, but it was a great show. THe other card tricks he and blaine does, i can do with my svengali cards i have here. Its just a trick, nothing more, but theses guys are good at it.

I actually heard preachers preach on the demonic powers of David Copperfield a few years ago, because he could remove the Statue of Liberty and make elephants disappear, and walk trough the chineese wall etc. So they said he used occult powers to "push" things in to the spirit world etc. THAT is a bit embarressing for us belivers, 'cause they all are known magic tricks with a simple explanation. The world already think we are stupid...we do not need to put unneccesary wood to the fire. :)

How did copperfield do the statueofliberty/elephant dissapearance, and the walking through the wall of china?

Upvote 0

Gary777

Gary777
Jan 1, 2004
Southern Sweden
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
HI, proximo

When when copperfield made the statue "disapear", why was it only the 20-30 people on the nearby platform that saw it happen, and no one else in New YorK. It's an easy trick done with payed audience, duplicate scenes. I've seen a dude do it with a space shuttle, and another dude did it with a military tank. It's a really easy camera trick when you know how its done. You could make the mount everest "disapear" just as easy, but only on camera. Same thing with the china wall. He could not do it without a camera, several sheets covering up him "going trough" etc. The day you see any of this guys do it live, with no sheets covering nothing, then you should be surprised. The elephant trick, is just an illusion that happens when you look at this special made box they you use from a special angel. The elephant is there, but behind a wall. The box you look inside is not that deep as it seems, it still has room for an elephant behind the inner wall. Basicly we are extremly easy to fool, and most magic tricks are easy to do when you know how.

Upvote 0

gaetan8888

Jan 2, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟7,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi

I remember a tv show with a guy who give up most magic trick secrets, it was using high-tech equipments but look so real, but it's still magic trick. Here in Quebec we have Alain Choquette and it's a plain ordinary guy who use very high tech equipments to perform stunning magic trick.

That don't mean that there is no real sorcerer, the Antichrist are a real sorcerer. But today there's more stage magic that real sorcery in our world (the end times events may change that).

Gaetan

Upvote 0

RexMundi

Jan 20, 2004
✟15,112.00
Faith
Catholic
I just ran across this group and noticed this thread so I had to join and post. Dear Soul Sister Claire, if you are really that naive of a person, I truly feel sorry for you. First off, let me explain that what he's doing is called a Balducci Levitation. He stands on the tip-toes of one foot. The audience must be placed 8 to 10 feet away at an exact 45 degree angle to the rear of the foot that's not "levitating". Then, it looks real and he films audience's reactions. Then, for his TV show, he has a wire attached to his belt, gets pulled up in the air by a big see-saw, and edits in the audience's reactions. But since you obviously believe everything you see and hear that also explains your literal interpretation of the bible. Another thing only a naive baffoon could possibly do. So, just for your info here's a little something you might want to research: In about year 382 Constantine the Emperor of Rome declared Christianity the official religion of Rome. This was done as a measure to squash an impending civil war between the Christians and the Pegans living there. He re-wrote the bible omitting all but the Gospels that catered to his master plan. His idea was to meld the 2 religious groups that were at odds into a single harmonious unit under Rome. He restructured Christianity and made Sunday the Sabbath. The day was already revered by the pagans as a day to worship the sun. He then made Jesus' birthday on December 25, an already recognized holiday for the birthdays of several other pagan gods. All this was to enable the pagans to go on doing what they were doing without changing their ways too much.

After this, all versions of the Christian bible ( of which there were about 200) were systematically siezed and destroyed and anyone claiming anything different than what was in Constantiene's bible was considered a traitor and a heritic and you can imagine what that means in ancient Rome. Here's the real kicker, up until that point Jesus was never considered to be the Son of God. He was revered by his followers as a prophet. A hand of God yes, but the Son of, no. The deification of Christ was VOTED on by a Roman council and since making Jesus the Son of God would help to solidify the new official Religion, and make Christianity the only and indisputable acceptable means to worship the one true God, they voted yes, and so it was.

So the bible you read was basically outlined by Romans and then of course edited numerous times by the Catholic church in later years as a means to control the masses during the monopoly on education by the church durring the middle ages. Therefore, the bible is nothing more than an archaic political agenda written and ammended by power hungry sinners and most definately not the work of God. Nothing in it can be taken seriously much less literally.

P.S. I am a devout Catholic. I believe in God and I go to church. However, organized Religion merely acts as a framework for me to build my own personal relationship with God. I'm not telling you how to worship but I feel obligated to say something when I see someone easily blinded by simple smokescreens in life. And Christianity, along with David Blaine are simple "pull my finger gags".

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I just ran across this group and noticed this thread so I had to join and post. Dear Soul Sister Claire, if you are really that naive of a person
REX

I agree with your post.

There is a reason that we're not to be fooled by magic, which isn't really magic at all, but it does affect those that "believe what they see". And God dosen't want us to be deceived at all. They do this to make themselves of some importance and to appear to possess powers, that they don't possess at all, and make alot of money doing it, and deceive alot of people.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Upvote 0

Nathan8906

YEC For Me!
Jan 3, 2004
Southern California (OC)
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
RexMundi said:
After this, all versions of the Christian bible ( of which there were about 200) were systematically siezed and destroyed and anyone claiming anything different than what was in Constantiene's bible was considered a traitor and a heritic and you can imagine what that means in ancient Rome. Here's the real kicker, up until that point Jesus was never considered to be the Son of God. He was revered by his followers as a prophet. A hand of God yes, but the Son of, no. The deification of Christ was VOTED on by a Roman council and since making Jesus the Son of God would help to solidify the new official Religion, and make Christianity the only and indisputable acceptable means to worship the one true God, they voted yes, and so it was.

I'd like to see some proof ot this.

Upvote 0

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
:clap:
RexMundi said:
I just ran across this group and noticed this thread so I had to join and post. Dear Soul Sister Claire, if you are really that naive of a person, I truly feel sorry for you. First off, let me explain that what he's doing is called a Balducci Levitation. He stands on the tip-toes of one foot. The audience must be placed 8 to 10 feet away at an exact 45 degree angle to the rear of the foot that's not "levitating". Then, it looks real and he films audience's reactions. Then, for his TV show, he has a wire attached to his belt, gets pulled up in the air by a big see-saw, and edits in the audience's reactions. But since you obviously believe everything you see and hear that also explains your literal interpretation of the bible. Another thing only a naive baffoon could possibly do. So, just for your info here's a little something you might want to research: In about year 382 Constantine the Emperor of Rome declared Christianity the official religion of Rome. This was done as a measure to squash an impending civil war between the Christians and the Pegans living there. He re-wrote the bible omitting all but the Gospels that catered to his master plan. His idea was to meld the 2 religious groups that were at odds into a single harmonious unit under Rome. He restructured Christianity and made Sunday the Sabbath. The day was already revered by the pagans as a day to worship the sun. He then made Jesus' birthday on December 25, an already recognized holiday for the birthdays of several other pagan gods. All this was to enable the pagans to go on doing what they were doing without changing their ways too much.

So the bible you read was basically outlined by Romans and then of course edited numerous times by the Catholic church in later years as a means to control the masses during the monopoly on education by the church durring the middle ages. Therefore, the bible is nothing more than an archaic political agenda written and ammended by power hungry sinners and most definately not the work of God. Nothing in it can be taken seriously much less literally.

P.S. I am a devout Catholic. I believe in God and I go to church. However, organized Religion merely acts as a framework for me to build my own personal relationship with God. I'm not telling you how to worship but I feel obligated to say something when I see someone easily blinded by simple smokescreens in life. And Christianity, along with David Blaine are simple "pull my finger gags".

This post was like whoa, congratulations, you are my new friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant991

Warrior of Christ
Apr 7, 2004
Westminster, Colorado
✟314.00
Faith
Christian
Don't let yourself get duped by Blaine or other magicians. He holds no special powers and is not possessed by any demons. He is a preformer and nothing more. He makes a living off of ILLUSIONS. Illusions can be extremely convincing if preformed right, but are no means spells or any other such nonsense.

In Florida, I walked into a very pricey magic shop and listened while my girlfriend's brother talked with the store's owner about David Blaine. He mentioned the levitation trick which Blaine has become quite famous for doing. The store owner grinned and explained that he would sell us a book showing exactly how to do the illusion for $50.00. These people are here to impress you, and take your money while you are still pondering how they did that.....Nothing more.

Upvote 0

66FuzzyBunnay66

Apr 27, 2004
Canada
✟114.00
Faith
Anglican
Even if this long- 'dead and buried in the ground' thread still exists through the deepest pits of he77 that I think you people seriously have a major problem, talking about David Blaine like this?

SO what if he looks like a lizard... Does that make it his fault? I mean what about all the other lizard looking people out there, that live daily under the premise of your categorization of lizards....

Is that not what the Nazi's did, in labeling the 'Yehudi' during WWII?

David Blaine, I can tell you is a nice, decent, hardworking, intellegent, caring person, who you people are trying to demonize.

That is just plain wrong in you doing that. I don't care what your bible says... But that I know somewhere in there it says of relevance-

Jesus says, '..Take a good look at yourselves- before you start judging others...'

So take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself?- do I look like a bunny rabbit or do I look like a lizard person... And if so? 'Check your local yellow-pages, for the nearest Plastic Surgeon' okay....?!

You are some-what of the demons, not him.....

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Fuzzy,

I'm very sorry that some of the comments on this thread offended you. Believe me, I totally agree with you that judging people by their physical attributes is absolutely wrong for anyone to do. Does your anger stem from Jhessel's post about the Reptilians? I can assure you that the vast majority of Christianity considers such views to be pure nonesense, and recognize that David Blain is just a very talented slight of hand illusionist, not some conduit of demonic power. I hope you understand this, and I hope you do not condemn all of Christianity for the words of a few.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

66FuzzyBunnay66

Apr 27, 2004
Canada
✟114.00
Faith
Anglican
Yea, you do have a point about the anger-management issue thing going on, I'm sure a lot of my other friends would whole-heartedly agree with you, without question.

I think my anger stems from being raised in a Country such as Canada and living across the boarder on the other-side in the States...

I see the daily Liberal Propaganda here 'a ton' Anti-American sentiment that's seemingly imbedded in the minds of virtually every other Canadian on their view of American's... To hold their seats in Parliament. Going on a strong 13+ years now... Ridiculous!!!

It start's here in Canada with the Liberal Media controlled beer commercials and always ends with the, 'Why don't I drink 'AMERICAN' beer?' undertones... As stoopid as that is in Canadian Society? The ending line is the complimentary 'because'... "IAMCANADIAN"

So now you have all these people here who go around hating 'American's' as it were and George Bush...

(I digress, I'm new to this forum, there is probably some other thread on here somewhere's, where you can talk about politics?)

No, the bottom-line here is the media manipulation and brainwashing that goes along with the status-quo-idle-oblique (Average Mentality) believing everything they see and hear in terms of the media's generation of hype or anything relating to the tv...

Forget Gen. X,Y or Z-er's Just believe the hype and buy the advertised product! Already!!??

You were asking me if I do believe David Blaine possesses any demonic powers?

H377 no!!!

But I think my girlfriend needs an exorcist!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Bunny, thanks for your thoughts on the matter. No, I wasn't asking you if you believed Blaine possessed demonic powers. I know you don't believe that. I was trying to say the vast majority of Christians do not believe he has occultic powers, only a small fraction do, and that's because they see his show and are bamboozled by his trickery and don't realize it is all smoke and mirrors. Some of the posts on this thread are evidence that some people will try to find demons in just about anything they can't explain rationally.

It's too bad to hear about all of the anti-American sentiment in Canada. I don't understand it, myself. I think the majority of Americans don't look at Canada in a bad light at all. Oh well...I guess we'll just have to invade your country someday. :D

In Christ,

Upvote 0

kel32

Christian Warrior
Jul 4, 2003
Canada
✟716.00
Faith
Christian
Acts6:5 said:
It's too bad to hear about all of the anti-American sentiment in Canada. I don't understand it, myself. I think the majority of Americans don't look at Canada in a bad light at all. Oh well...I guess we'll just have to invade your country someday. :D

In Christ,

This is actually quite incorrect. The majority of Canadians hold high regard for our American brothers and sisters. Myself being one. :)

~peace always~

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kel32 said:
This is actually quite incorrect. The majority of Canadians hold high regard for our American brothers and sisters. Myself being one. :)
Nah, I still think we should invade. :p

In Christ,

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kel32 said:
Well, I must warn you then...Be prepared to encounter highly trained, snowball throwing, beer drinking, maple-syrup covered 'attack beavers'...with attitudes...:mad:

~peace~
Well then, in that case I think it better serves American interests to find a peaceful resilution to the situation. We're not messing with beavers, with or without maple syrup.^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.