David Blaine - Magician or devil's helper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
jhessel said:
this should explain it

"I have learned a lot about Reptilians and Fallen Angels from a lot of hands on experts. I was watching CNN when I saw a photo of Saddam that startled me. He had a look in his eyes that can only come from Reptilians, or Fallen Angels. It is a deep hypnotic look, and the eyes that look deep into to yours. It is a very chilling experience! The fallen can turn it off and on at will. When you see the look you will feel yourself drawn into a light trance. "

and another link
LOL, no Blaine is not a reptile. He use to practice that look on purpose when he was child to freak out his friends for jokes. Then he incorporated that into his tricks while he performs to appear kind of hypnotic.

Upvote 0

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
water_ripple said:
The natural way? If he is doing things the natural way then why is he fooling people into believing he has the power to survive in ice? Why is he making his survival a public display? Some might say for the purpose of entertainment. While it is very entertaining to watch it is also ominous. People have been freaked out by what he does. People have been confused to think his magic goes beyond normal explination. Therin lies the danger.
LOL

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]... First off, he does his illusions/card tricks to entertain you, and also to leave you thinking. His tricks often times look so real that it makes you question reality. It is the questioning of your logic that he tries to induce by doing his tricks. Plain and simple. He is not trying to fool anyone into thinking he has special powers because everyone already knows that what he does is just tricks. But it's the way he performs them that makes them special.

As for the ice, the vertigo and hanging box, he does these things to show us what the human mind is capable of if you just put your mind into what you do. Plain and simple.

And im sorry to say, the only people who have actually been fooled into believing his tricks are really real are morons.

Upvote 0

adam332

Deut. 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD t
Feb 10, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟15,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Blaine is the most convincing magician I've ever seen. He does not use the same methods as many of his contemporaries. His does not require the distance from the audience or a controlled enviroment. He can walk down the street or into a busy bar or into the woods and perform them on the spot in front of natives, etc.... He did not train that fly that he caught to play dead, he killed it and it was witnessed. I find him very curious, but I have seen people say they can do the same levitation and show links to the Balducci levitation method. the only problem is he does not always perform it from the side, but the front as well. Also if you take the time to look the view under his feet is often times shown. He does not have the front of one foot pushing him upward but both feet have been completely lifted up as high as 12-14 inches.

Please tell me what sleight of hand he used to get that playing card inside the police mans shoe and under his foot? His shoe was thoroughly laced, with his pant leg down.

I am not claiming that he has gained these abilities from satan, but I definitely don't rule it out.

Satan will undoubtedly prepare the way for himself and his wonders. The people must be conditioned or no one will be fooled at all. Whether David Blaine is such a conditioner of the people I honestly don't know. But he is sure more fascinating to just about anyone than people like Copperfield who do illusions on a much grander scale on a stage with curtains and other items he has used to hide fow he performs the illusions.

For those of you who say "I can do that", may I suggest that you walk down a public street followed by a camera man and do a full frontal float, a foot off the ground, in front of many witnesses. Or resurrect a dead fly, or make a card appear inside a laced up cops shoe...all of which was so convincing that it was believed by all those standing right next to him, and then get your tape on HBO. When one of you can do that....then I might elimanate the possibility that he is not getting these abilities from some other source.

Until then I will leave it in the "open" category.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
adam332 said:
David Blaine is the most convincing magician I've ever seen. He does not use the same methods as many of his contemporaries. His does not require the distance from the audience or a controlled enviroment. He can walk down the street or into a busy bar or into the woods and perform them on the spot in front of natives, etc.... He did not train that fly that he caught to play dead, he killed it and it was witnessed. I find him very curious, but I have seen people say they can do the same levitation and show links to the Balducci levitation method. the only problem is he does not always perform it from the side, but the front as well. Also if you take the time to look the view under his feet is often times shown. He does not have the front of one foot pushing him upward but both feet have been completely lifted up as high as 12-14 inches.

Please tell me what sleight of hand he used to get that playing card inside the police mans shoe and under his foot? His shoe was thoroughly laced, with his pant leg down.

I am not claiming that he has gained these abilities from satan, but I definitely don't rule it out.

Satan will undoubtedly prepare the way for himself and his wonders. The people must be conditioned or no one will be fooled at all. Whether David Blaine is such a conditioner of the people I honestly don't know. But he is sure more fascinating to just about anyone than people like Copperfield who do illusions on a much grander scale on a stage with curtains and other items he has used to hide fow he performs the illusions.

For those of you who say "I can do that", may I suggest that you walk down a public street followed by a camera man and do a full frontal float, a foot off the ground, in front of many witnesses. Or resurrect a dead fly, or make a card appear inside a laced up cops shoe...all of which was so convincing that it was believed by all those standing right next to him, and then get your tape on HBO. When one of you can do that....then I might elimanate the possibility that he is not getting these abilities from some other source.

Until then I will leave it in the "open" category.

Wow you are gullible.

David Blaine uses the Balducci levitation. The frontal views used camera tricks - and he has admitted to that in interview.

The fly trick is also a well known illusion. The fly is pre-frozen and the heat of your hand warms it up. Duh.

Upvote 0

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
I'll say it again, david blaine is not the devil, nor a reptile. Trust me guys, he's not here to turn people away from christianity... LOL

The levitation was done because he did the regular balducci one in front of the audience, and he did it at the angle where it looked real, so he got that reaction out of them regardless. Then what he did was cut out the part where he did the balducci levitation, and interlaced new footage of himself being lifted off the ground completely, but with the audiences reaction still there.

You can see this if you have fearless. Most of his tricks i have figured out already, it's just amazing how easily he pulls them off. I know how to do them but i can't perform them like he does.

The guy is still amazing for someone who just does tricks. He can actually cut a deck only using one hand, then flip the card from the middle of the deck over to his other hand and catch it between 2 cards between his fingers.

And man, whats all this fear about the devil and ish? I'm christian, and i don't even believe in the devil.

Upvote 0

adam332

Feb 10, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟15,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow he must wear a size 20 shoe to be able to lift himself that high. and just where can one find this interview where he admits it the balducci levitation? And how does it make me gullible if I have not a conviction either way?

Your Christian who does not believe in the Devil???? DANGER>>>DANGER Explain to everyone here how that is possible, and may I suggest that you make it it's own thread because there will be many here that will wonder how such a thing is possible. It's surely more amazing then David Blaine.

Upvote 0

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
adam332 said:
Wow he must wear a size 20 shoe to be able to lift himself that high. and just where can one find this interview where he admits it the balducci levitation? And how does it make me gullible if I have not a conviction either way?

Your Christian who does not believe in the Devil???? DANGER>>>DANGER Explain to everyone here how that is possible, and may I suggest that you make it it's own thread because there will be many here that will wonder how such a thing is possible. It's surely more amazing then David Blaine.

First i'll explain to the naiveté; (as i previously stated) David Blaine does the balducci levitation in the streets, and he does so well that he gets those natural reactions from his audience. He then later, does the levitation without the audience but with a camera, where you see him levitate 2 feet off the ground. He thin inter cuts them to make it seem like he did the levitation of 2 feet in front of the actual audience when he really staged it.

There. That wasn't too hard was it?

Oh, but if he really did levitate then it MUST be the work of the devil eh? LOL

And look at the main word in Christian. Know what that word is? Christ! As in Jesus Christ. To be christian is to be christ like, i believe in Jesus, and what he did and stood for. That does not mean that i'm obligated to be brainwashed to believe in half man half goat minotaurs with pitch forks.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
Pr0x1mo said:
First i'll explain to the naiveté; (as i previously stated) David Blaine does the balducci levitation in the streets, and he does so well that he gets those natural reactions from his audience. He then later, does the levitation without the audience but with a camera, where you see him levitate 2 feet off the ground. He thin inter cuts them to make it seem like he did the levitation of 2 feet in front of the actual audience when he really staged it.

There. That wasn't too hard was it?

Oh, but if he really did levitate then it MUST be the work of the devil eh? LOL

And look at the main word in Christian. Know what that word is? Christ! As in Jesus Christ. To be christian is to be christ like, i believe in Jesus, and what he did and stood for. That does not mean that i'm obligated to be brainwashed to believe in half man half goat minotaurs with pitch forks.

Well said.

I cannot remember the date, time and channel BUT I saw Blaine interviewed where he admits to the intersplicing of camera trick video with the street video of him doing the Balducci levitation trick.

I have seen people do the Balducci trick and it is impressive if you are at the correct angle from the 'levitator'.

Just an observation, but the Eschatology board here has the most gullible, fire & brimstone, world is coming to an end believers I have ever seen. The kind of folks I didn't think existed in the 21st century or if they did they were locked away in the hills of West Virginia dancing with rattlesnakes.

Upvote 0

Shelayne

Feb 19, 2003
midwest
Visit site
✟557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did the Balducci levitation illusion for my husband, and he sat there with his mouth open and asked, "HOW did you do THAT?" Then I showed him. He did it for me, and it DOES look convincing at the right angle, with the arms raising, etc.

I still want to know how Blaine got that name, that the woman wrote on paper and burned, on his stomach written in ash. That was some trick!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

adam332

Feb 10, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟15,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, it does not make me gullible. I said; I have no conviction either way. I do leave my mind open for the word of God and that there may be someone someday who does amazing miracles that are produced by the devil. I never said Blaine was one. This keeps me open but not in the slightest gullible.

I have not seen such an interview that you claim to have seen. I would be gullible though, to take your word for it. But, again I keep my mind open that it is a possibility.

Keeping an eye out for people that the Lord said will appear....is a Biblically founded concept. This is a Bible forum, therefore a mere discussion on the matter is perfectly normal and does not make us inbred fanatics, as some would like to insinuate.

Yours appears to be closed, as if there were no such way that any one of Blaine's nature could be of the devil.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
adam332 said:
Again, it does not make me gullible. I said; I have no conviction either way. I do leave my mind open for the word of God and that there may be someone someday who does amazing miracles that are produced by the devil. I never said Blaine was one. This keeps me open but not in the slightest gullible.

I have not seen such an interview that you claim to have seen. I would be gullible though, to take your word for it. But, again I keep my mind open that it is a possibility.

Keeping an eye out for people that the Lord said will appear....is a Biblically founded concept. This is a Bible forum, therefore a mere discussion on the matter is perfectly normal and does not make us inbred fanatics, as some would like to insinuate.

Yours appears to be closed, as if there were no such way that any one of Blaine's nature could be of the devil.

Correct - there is NO way Blaine is connected to the devil.

It's a money making exercise like 99.99% of the stuff out there. Like all the people prophecising the 'end of the world is nigh' nonsense. They're just looking to cash in on peoples gullibility.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
Shelayne said:
I did the Balducci levitation illusion for my husband, and he sat there with his mouth open and asked, "HOW did you do THAT?" Then I showed him. He did it for me, and it DOES look convincing at the right angle, with the arms raising, etc.

I still want to know how Blaine got that name, that the woman wrote on paper and burned, on his stomach written in ash. That was some trick!
No offence but it seems people just don't know common magic tricks.

The ash trick is straightforward.

A ghost image of the name is visible on the next sheet on the pad. Thus the magician knows the name. Then he takes a wax pencil/crayon and writes in colourless wax the name on his stomach or arm. Obviously misdirection is required so the audience doesn't see this step.

Then rub the ash on the waxy area AND

Voila.

The name 'magically' appears. Ta Da.

Upvote 0

Shelayne

Feb 19, 2003
midwest
Visit site
✟557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, interesting. I would have been staring at him the whole time, watching every move. I guess I would not be one he would want to do that trick to. How he managed to write on his stomach--under his shirt and all--without the women (there were 2 or 3 there) catching him is pretty amazing. I am sure with all the editing done to his TV specials, he can make it look even more convincing.

I enjoy the illusions, but I always want to know how its done. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
adam332 said:

There is no way that David Blaine is connected to the devil because he does not do magic, he is an illusionist. If you're the devil or go to hell for doing slight of hand, then a lot of people are going to hell.

Or maybe he's the devil because he has lots of endurance?

It's funny how when anyone does something past the normal subjective limitations of human physicality, you're automatically associated with the likes of the devil. :mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
Shelayne said:
Hmmm, interesting. I would have been staring at him the whole time, watching every move. I guess I would not be one he would want to do that trick to. How he managed to write on his stomach--under his shirt and all--without the women (there were 2 or 3 there) catching him is pretty amazing. I am sure with all the editing done to his TV specials, he can make it look even more convincing.

I enjoy the illusions, but I always want to know how its done. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, they are fun. The problem with the Blaine TV specials is that there is camera work and editing performed. I have seen Blaine (& Others) do the stuff on the streets and they are then much more limited. For instance the ash trick is done on the forearm not the stomach which would be much more difficult to get away with.

It amazes me how people are always looking for the supernatural explanation of anything rather than the mundane. It's illusion NOT magic.

I guess my problem is I tend to be very cynical and questioning of these sorts of things due to the fact I am a physicist where you are always looking for a naturalistic explanation. For magicians though that is the right approach - and in the quieter moments, they all admit it's illusion - and if you are good at thinking things out from a physics/chemistry perspective you can usually understand how the tricks are done.

Upvote 0

Pr0x1mo

Dec 24, 2003
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Chi_Cygni said:
Yeah, they are fun. The problem with the Blaine TV specials is that there is camera work and editing performed. I have seen Blaine (& Others) do the stuff on the streets and they are then much more limited. For instance the ash trick is done on the forearm not the stomach which would be much more difficult to get away with.

It amazes me how people are always looking for the supernatural explanation of anything rather than the mundane. It's illusion NOT magic.

I guess my problem is I tend to be very cynical and questioning of these sorts of things due to the fact I am a physicist where you are always looking for a naturalistic explanation. For magicians though that is the right approach - and in the quieter moments, they all admit it's illusion - and if you are good at thinking things out from a physics/chemistry perspective you can usually understand how the tricks are done.
The way he does the ash to palm trick is right before he does the trick, he grabs both of your hands with his hands and tells you to raise your arms at waste level. When he does this, he plants the ash under your palm with his finger tips when he raises your hands.

Upvote 0

Shelayne

Feb 19, 2003
midwest
Visit site
✟557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what he said on Larry King Live, he is a practicing Jew, and his faith is very important to him. In fact he wrote 4 things on the inside of the box while he was suspended over London, and the first one, I believe was God. It went like this: God, faith, water, will. He said that is how he was able to maintain for 44 days.

I am thinking probably not the anti-christ. ;)

Upvote 0

Gary777

Gary777
Jan 1, 2004
Southern Sweden
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If David Blaine is demonic, then what about this Criss Angel dude? Man, he looks like a demon. And he did a great levitation trick where he made a girl float, right there on the street. BUT...its was on tv! and it can be done easily on camera, but it was a great show. THe other card tricks he and blaine does, i can do with my svengali cards i have here. Its just a trick, nothing more, but theses guys are good at it.

I actually heard preachers preach on the demonic powers of David Copperfield a few years ago, because he could remove the Statue of Liberty and make elephants disappear, and walk trough the chineese wall etc. So they said he used occult powers to "push" things in to the spirit world etc. THAT is a bit embarressing for us belivers, 'cause they all are known magic tricks with a simple explanation. The world already think we are stupid...we do not need to put unneccesary wood to the fire. :)

But, im not saying that John Edwards and these psychics are not demonic, i really think they are(well, some of them at least, most of them are just in it for the money). But we shouldn't be surprised that there are false prophets in the society ministring under demonic annoiting- it's just the devils copy of Gods power, trying to lure folks away from the gospel. WE need to get activated in the biblical gifts of God that are there for us to use: healings, prohetic gifts, words of knowlegde etc., and show the world that the Jesus we worship is much more powerful.

"You can all prophecy" (1 cor 14:31)
"Now I wish you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you should prophesy;" (1 cor 14:5)

Lets do it! Lets not be intimdated by those false spirit, they are terrified of us!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.