Not open for further replies.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has forgiven and does forgive my sins. That is why I love Him so much and left your religion to follow Him and do His will instead of following false gods. Real joy is mine! I have His grace!

Mormonism is a frightful, unmerciful religion! If you don't obey the lettter of Joseph Smith's law, you won't have eternal life.

"The scriptures are a mixture of very strange doctrines to the Christian world, who are blindly led by the blind."
History of the Church, Volume 6, p. 478

"This Church[LDS] is the ensign on the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, the truth, and the life. "
Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, April, 1961, p. 119
How frightful is:
If you believe in Jesus, keep his commandments, and if you falter, kneel down before the Lord and repent, and if your repentance is real, you will be forgiven. Wow, that is a frightful belief.

Tell me what part of that is frightful:
1) is believing in Jesus frightful?
2) is loving Jesus and keeping his commandments frightful?
3) is repenting if you falter frightful?
4) is forgiveness frightful?

Just what is so frightful?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How frightful is:
If you believe in Jesus, keep his commandments, and if you falter, kneel down before the Lord and repent, and if your repentance is real, you will be forgiven. Wow, that is a frightful belief.

Tell me what part of that is frightful:
1) is believing in Jesus frightful?
2) is loving Jesus and keeping his commandments frightful?
3) is repenting if you falter frightful?
4) is forgiveness frightful?

Just a few of what is frightful!!

Frightful---you do not serve the God the Father of the bible. He was never human, He never had a Father, He never had a wife, He never had spirit children that are us before being born, He never died, He has only ONE Son--of His own substance who became human and died for our sins. That Son created all things out of nothing, including Lucifer, who is no brother to Jesus! God the Father does not offer any "exaltation" to those that marry within the Mormon temple. He gives the same access to all the saved, not just a prevelidged few of those saved. He offers no Godhood to any of the saved, we are all adopted as His children and heirs along with His Son---we are not adopted by His Son and are therefore children of the Son by that adoption!! There is no heavenly mother. Jesus the Son, created everything out of nothing and at that creation He commanded for everything to be fruitful and multiply---which included Adam and Eve and we do not have to be grateful to Satan for the fall for it was not the fall that made precreation possible---it was at the command of God!! No one ever had to sin, in order to obey God!! There is no 2nd chance after death to be saved. That decision is made before Jesus returns for us. People are given a false hope that if they don't get it right in this world, they will get a chance in the next--it is a lie. God said we are not to communicate with the dead. JS did not communicate with Peter, James and John. If they appeared to him at all, they were apparitions of Satan, the same as the apparition that appeared to Saul as Samuel and for which Saul died for communicating with him.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Just a few of what is frightful!!

Frightful---you do not serve the God the Father of the bible. He was never human, He never had a Father, He never had a wife, He never had spirit children that are us before being born, He never died, He has only ONE Son--of His own substance who became human and died for our sins. That Son created all things out of nothing, including Lucifer, who is no brother to Jesus! God the Father does not offer any "exaltation" to those that marry within the Mormon temple. He gives the same access to all the saved, not just a prevelidged few of those saved. He offers no Godhood to any of the saved, we are all adopted as His children and heirs along with His Son---we are not adopted by His Son and are therefore children of the Son by that adoption!! There is no heavenly mother. Jesus the Son, created everything out of nothing and at that creation He commanded for everything to be fruitful and multiply---which included Adam and Eve and we do not have to be grateful to Satan for the fall for it was not the fall that made precreation possible---it was at the command of God!! No one ever had to sin, in order to obey God!! There is no 2nd chance after death to be saved. That decision is made before Jesus returns for us. People are given a false hope that if they don't get it right in this world, they will get a chance in the next--it is a lie. God said we are not to communicate with the dead. JS did not communicate with Peter, James and John. If they appeared to him at all, they were apparitions of Satan, the same as the apparition that appeared to Saul as Samuel and for which Saul died for communicating with him.
I don't see anything frightful there as this is just an opinion and has no eternal consequences. It is disobedience that has eternal consequences. For instance if a person believed that the sun was the largest star in the galaxy, it would not prevent them from having eternal life even though they were wrong. Jesus made a promise that keeping the commandments would guarantee that person eternal life:

(New Testament | Luke 10:25 - 28)

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Don't add unnecessary rules.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't see anything frightful there as this is just an opinion and has no eternal consequences. It is disobedience that has eternal consequences. For instance if a person believed that the sun was the largest star in the galaxy, it would not prevent them from having eternal life even though they were wrong. Jesus made a promise that keeping the commandments would guarantee that person eternal life:

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Worshiping a false God is disobeying the commandments and most certainly has eternal consequences.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Mormonism is walking in darkness, following false unmerciful gods, false prophets, listening to lies about biblical doctrine, thinking or being taught that if you submit data for proxy temple ordinances you can be a savior on Mount Zion, etc.

And I've posted the rest umpteen million times.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am glad it was fun for you. Jesus really does need your help with this great work.

Jesus fulfills my needs constantly! How ridiculous to say that God needs humans.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Worshiping a false God is disobeying the commandments and most certainly has eternal consequences.
We worship the God of the Bible, we don't worship idols. Those who strive to keep the commandments are worshiping the God of the Bible.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Mormonism is walking in darkness, following false unmerciful gods, false prophets, listening to lies about biblical doctrine, thinking or being taught that if you submit data for proxy temple ordinances you can be a savior on Mount Zion, etc.

And I've posted the rest umpteen million times.
Jesus is merciful to those who LOVE Him:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:10)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

And context mandates that Jesus' answer was to an individual who looked to the law as a means to "willing to justify himself" v. 29

With that then in mind, Jesus' answer was to get this individual to realize just how hopeless it is to justify yourself according to the law and live.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus is merciful to those who LOVE Him:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:10)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

When Adam brought spiritual death to this world, how could fallen humans love Him without a new nature via regeneration? God first shows His mercy to sinners and then we can love Him.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Mormons teach that every good deed depends on the sinner's will to make himself righteous.

Reactions: twin.spin
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And context mandates that Jesus' answer was to an individual who looked to the law as a means to "willing to justify himself" v. 29

With that then in mind, Jesus' answer was to get this individual to realize just how hopeless it is to justify yourself according to the law and live.
The Bible makes it clear in many many places that we are to "keep the commandments" Jesus did not only tell the lawyer that, He told that to others also:

(New Testament | Matthew 19:16 - 19)

16 ¶ And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

(New Testament | John 8:11)

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

(New Testament | John 5:14)

14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

(New Testament | John 14:15)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

(New Testament | John 14:24)

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

(New Testament | 1 John 5:1 - 5)

1 WHOSOEVER believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

God gave us the commandments of LOVE for a reason. We are not to disregard them.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
When Adam brought spiritual death to this world, how could fallen humans love Him without a new nature via regeneration? God first shows His mercy to sinners and then we can love Him.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Mormons teach that every good deed depends on the sinner's will to make himself righteous.

One verse will not do.

(New Testament | 1 John 4:18 - 5:5)

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

CHAPTER 5

1 WHOSOEVER believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 12:44
Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

Faith comes from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.