Not open for further replies.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If they could have been plainer, why didn't he make them so? What was there to translate? Malachi had been translated hundreds of years ago. There is nothing there about baptism for the dead---not one single thing.
Because he said he was satisfied with what he had, remember?

I understand that the phrase "turning the hearts of the father to the children and turning the hearts of the children to the fathers" is not very plain and simple. That is the reason that it is good to have a current prophet of God that can tell us what this and many other things in the scriptures really mean.

For instance, around the end of March 1836, the Kirtland temple in Kirtland Ohio was completed by the hard work of the saints. During the dedicatory week, Elijah appeared to JS and others and quoted this scripture and told them they would be given the keys to do the work for the dead. They were told that this scripture referred to the hearts of the fathers that had passed away and were awaiting the necessary ordinances of the gospel to progress. These fathers hearts would be turned to their children (descendants) and the hearts of their children would be turned to them and their names would be read aloud, maybe for the first time in hundreds of years, and these children would then do the work, necessary for the fathers to progress in the spirit world.

So now we know exactly what this interesting verbiage meant, and it opened up a world-wide phenomena of people looking for their ancestors, and they didn't even know why they were doing it. It is because their hearts are being pulled towards their fathers to help them to progress in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The work of looking up your ancestors has gone viral in the last 20 years and will continue to expand exponentially for this very purpose that Malachi prophesied of 2500 years ago.

Malachi prophesied that Elijah would come back and turn everybody's hearts toward each other and so it was, around the end of March 1836, Elijah did come and gave JS the keys of the work for the dead, and if JS did not move forward with this work, the whole earth would be cursed at the Lords coming.

So the Lord has warned us this work is vitally important, let us be valiant in the work of the Lord.
It is an interesting work to find your ancestors and connect your hearts to them, and now you know why.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Because he said he was satisfied with what he had, remember?

I understand that the phrase "turning the hearts of the father to the children and turning the hearts of the children to the fathers" is not very plain and simple. That is the reason that it is good to have a current prophet of God that can tell us what this and many other things in the scriptures really mean.

For instance, around the end of March 1836, the Kirtland temple in Kirtland Ohio was completed by the hard work of the saints. During the dedicatory week, Elijah appeared to JS and others and quoted this scripture and told them they would be given the keys to do the work for the dead. They were told that this scripture referred to the hearts of the fathers that had passed away and were awaiting the necessary ordinances of the gospel to progress. These fathers hearts would be turned to their children (descendants) and the hearts of their children would be turned to them and their names would be read aloud, maybe for the first time in hundreds of years, and these children would then do the work, necessary for the fathers to progress in the spirit world.

So now we know exactly what this interesting verbiage meant, and it opened up a world-wide phenomena of people looking for their ancestors, and they didn't even know why they were doing it. It is because their hearts are being pulled towards their fathers to help them to progress in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The work of looking up your ancestors has gone viral in the last 20 years and will continue to expand exponentially for this very purpose that Malachi prophesied of 2500 years ago.

Malachi prophesied that Elijah would come back and turn everybody's hearts toward each other and so it was, around the end of March 1836, Elijah did come and gave JS the keys of the work for the dead, and if JS did not move forward with this work, the whole earth would be cursed at the Lords coming.

So the Lord has warned us this work is vitally important, let us be valiant in the work of the Lord.
It is an interesting work to find your ancestors and connect your hearts to them, and now you know why.

If it was plain enough for him, why did he say it could have been plainer? Sorry--makes no sense, Fence straddling. He obviously didn't think it was plain enough.
This ritual is so important in the eyes of God that He doesn't mention it for 4000 years!! It is not mentioned in any of the OT.

When Moses and Elijah stood with Jesus, they spoke only to Jesus, never to the disciples. God never has used anyone except angels to speak to humans. Elijah never spoke to JS---neither did John the Baptist or anyone else. Moroni was no angel of God.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If it was plain enough for him, why did he say it could have been plainer? Sorry--makes no sense, Fence straddling. He obviously didn't think it was plain enough.
This ritual is so important in the eyes of God that He doesn't mention it for 4000 years!! It is not mentioned in any of the OT.

When Moses and Elijah stood with Jesus, they spoke only to Jesus, never to the disciples. God never has used anyone except angels to speak to humans. Elijah never spoke to JS---neither did John the Baptist or anyone else. Moroni was no angel of God.
Tell me, in any of the history of the church, when did Elijah come and turn the hearts...........as prophecied by Malachi?

This is interesting about the Mt. of Transfiguration event. The prophet Moses and Elijah did not speak to the apostles because their conversation was with Jesus, but in front of the apostles, so they heard. But who did speak to the apostles?

You must think God is an angel or lower than angels, because he has spoken to humans, but how can that be, he is not an angel, and according to you only angels speak to humans.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Tell me, in any of the history of the church, when did Elijah come and turn the hearts...........as prophecied by Malachi?

This is interesting about the Mt. of Transfiguration event. The prophet Moses and Elijah did not speak to the apostles because their conversation was with Jesus, but in front of the apostles, so they heard. But who did speak to the apostles?

You must think God is an angel or lower than angels, because he has spoken to humans, but how can that be, he is not an angel, and according to you only angels speak to humans.

It doesn't say the disciples heard and it doesn't say what they said to Jesus. Who spoke was The Father, obviously, as He said "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

And at this time the question of Elijah was answered.
Mat 17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

It is obvious throughout the entire bible that God has spoken to man---I meant by that---no one that has died or even anyone that has been translated. And don't even bother with Samuel, that was not Samuel but an apparision from Satan. It is against the word of God to speak to the dead. Saul was punished for his bringing up the apparition of Samuel.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't say the disciples heard and it doesn't say what they said to Jesus. Who spoke was The Father, obviously, as He said "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

And at this time the question of Elijah was answered.
Mat 17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

It is obvious throughout the entire bible that God has spoken to man---I meant by that---no one that has died or even anyone that has been translated. And don't even bother with Samuel, that was not Samuel but an apparision from Satan. It is against the word of God to speak to the dead. Saul was punished for his bringing up the apparition of Samuel.
How did the Elias conversation answer the Elijah question?
Is Elias the same person as Elijah?
Is Elijah the same person as John the Baptist?

Jesus was tallking about Elias, not Elijah, and the apostles eventually realized Jesus was talking about John the Baptist, not Elijah.
So how does this answer the Malichi prophecy of Elijah coming back to earth to turn the hearts of the fathers..... It doesn't. Try again.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How did the Elias conversation answer the Elijah question?
Is Elias the same person as Elijah?
Is Elijah the same person as John the Baptist?

Jesus was tallking about Elias, not Elijah, and the apostles eventually realized Jesus was talking about John the Baptist, not Elijah.
So how does this answer the Malichi prophecy of Elijah coming back to earth to turn the hearts of the fathers..... It doesn't. Try again.

Elias--Elijah--Same person---like Noah is same as Noe, Joshua, Jesus.

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Mar 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mar 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Mar 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Luk 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
Luk 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
Luk 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Elias--Elijah--Same person---like Noah is same as Noe, Joshua, Jesus.

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Mar 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mar 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Mar 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Luk 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
Luk 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
Luk 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Then you must believe that Elias=Elijah=John the baptist. I don't think so.

Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

The Lord was going to send Elijah before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
The great and dreadful day of the LORD is still in the future, so he would not have sent Elijah before Jesus's earthly mission was completed. So we are talking 33ad to present.

Anything come to mind as and angel Elijah come down and meet with any of the church fathers or anybody in the Catholic church or the Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Orthodox or Protestant churches?

That is the Elijah challenge. We can tell you exactly when he came again, and that he did exactly what Malachi said he was going to do. I know that offends you, but get used to it and see some interesting things in our religious world.

I think I can guarantee you, if you ask any church, they have not had a visit from Elijah for any reasons. The Jews still leave a chair for him to come back and sit in over the passover, as they are still waiting for him to come as Malachi prophesied.

So have fun with this Elijah challenge.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then you must believe that Elias=Elijah=John the baptist. I don't think so.

Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

The Lord was going to send Elijah before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
The great and dreadful day of the LORD is still in the future, so he would not have sent Elijah before Jesus's earthly mission was completed. So we are talking 33ad to present.

Anything come to mind as and angel Elijah come down and meet with any of the church fathers or anybody in the Catholic church or the Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Orthodox or Protestant churches?

That is the Elijah challenge. We can tell you exactly when he came again, and that he did exactly what Malachi said he was going to do. I know that offends you, but get used to it and see some interesting things in our religious world.

I think I can guarantee you, if you ask any church, they have not had a visit from Elijah for any reasons. The Jews still leave a chair for him to come back and sit in over the passover, as they are still waiting for him to come as Malachi prophesied.

So have fun with this Elijah challenge.

And I suppose you won't believe Jesus either---I already gave you these verses.

Of course the Jews still expect Elijah---they don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah so they don't see John as Elijah. John was not the actual Elijah obviously---he was his representative, the answer to Malachi----as Jesus said.
And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
And this is the accepted rendering in most Christian churches.​

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And I suppose you won't believe Jesus either---I already gave you these verses.

Of course the Jews still expect Elijah---they don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah so they don't see John as Elijah. John was not the actual Elijah obviously---he was his representative, the answer to Malachi----as Jesus said.
And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

And this is the accepted rendering in most Christian churches.
So do you think the Elias is Matthew 17:1-4 was John the Baptist come back from the dead?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So do you think the Elias is Matthew 17:1-4 was John the Baptist come back from the dead?

OT Elijah==NT Elias
OT Noah==NT Noe
OT Joshua==NT Jesus

The New Testament name Jesus (Greek lēsuos) is based on the Hebrew Yēshua (meaning “salvation”; see it in use in Isaiah 12:2, last word). Although linguistically related, Joshua (Hebrew Yehoshua, meaning “Jehovah saves”) and Yeshua are not the same name. The following list attempts to approximate the possible etymological origins of several prominent names in the four Gospel narratives (the Hebrew Old Testament name and the New Testament equivalent). In each case, the name has been transliterated into English: Eleazar (Lazarus); Elisheba (Elizabeth); Elijah (Elias); Hannah (Anna); Miriam (Mary); Noah (Noe); Simeon (Simon); Jonah (Jonas/Jona); Isaiah (Isaias); Judah (Judas/Jude).

John the Baptist was Elijah---that is what Jesus said---not that it was the reincarnated Elijah---but he represented the Elijah of the OT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
:doh::doh::doh::doh:

OT Elijah==NT Elias
OT Noah==NT Noe
OT Joshua==NT Jesus

The New Testament name Jesus (Greek lēsuos) is based on the Hebrew Yēshua (meaning “salvation”; see it in use in Isaiah 12:2, last word). Although linguistically related, Joshua (Hebrew Yehoshua, meaning “Jehovah saves”) and Yeshua are not the same name. The following list attempts to approximate the possible etymological origins of several prominent names in the four Gospel narratives (the Hebrew Old Testament name and the New Testament equivalent). In each case, the name has been transliterated into English: Eleazar (Lazarus); Elisheba (Elizabeth); Elijah (Elias); Hannah (Anna); Miriam (Mary); Noah (Noe); Simeon (Simon); Jonah (Jonas/Jona); Isaiah (Isaias); Judah (Judas/Jude).

John the Baptist was Elijah---that is what Jesus said---not that it was the reincarnated Elijah---but he represented the Elijah of the OT.

The prophecy of Malachi did not say that a representative of Elijah would come to the earth. Sorry, but John the Baptist (even if I believed that he was a representative of Elijah) does not fulfill the prophecy that Elijah would come before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Besides the "great and dreadful day of the Lord" is not the first coming of the Savior, but the second coming of the Savior. John was in the wrong time zone to fulfill Malachi's prophecy.

Also your emoji that let everyone know that I am stupid and you are very smart is a little over the top, don't you think?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The prophecy of Malachi did not say that a representative of Elijah would come to the earth. Sorry, but John the Baptist (even if I believed that he was a representative of Elijah) does not fulfill the prophecy that Elijah would come before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Besides the "great and dreadful day of the Lord" is not the first coming of the Savior, but the second coming of the Savior. John was in the wrong time zone to fulfill Malachi's prophecy.

Also your emoji that let everyone know that I am stupid and you are very smart is a little over the top, don't you think?

You argument is with Jesus not me?

Sorry---but if you read your post, you should understand a little clearer why the emoji were posted

With my position on the state of the dead it was ridiculous to state that, and that is not what Jesus said either. John was a type of Elijah--even the disciples understood that. I've stated several times the dead do not come back and talk to the living. that is why the disciples never appeared to JS. Those were apparitions of Satan, if they appeared at all---like Samuel was.
Slap in the forehead emoji, as I have always understood them, are not about with how stupid the other person is but how befuddled and confused the one posting them is over the statement made. If that still offends you so, I will remove them.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
...So now we know exactly what this interesting verbiage meant, and it opened up a world-wide phenomena of people looking for their ancestors, and they didn't even know why they were doing it. It is because their hearts are being pulled towards their fathers to help them to progress in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The work of looking up your ancestors has gone viral in the last 20 years and will continue to expand exponentially for this very purpose that Malachi prophesied of 2500 years ago....

My ancestors aren't my fathers. We are not interested in helping someone progress in a false gospel of a false Christ. Historians happen to like history. My husband and I were both interested in genealogy before were Mormons. Even atheists have been known to do family research as a hobby. There are historical societies all over America. Those volunteers are not likely to be 50% Mormons.

Malachi said nothing about genealogical research and Mormonism is false. I doubt that the majority of my ancestors even referred to a Savior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you implying that because you have some scriptures on grace, that they trump
2 Timothy 3:16, or that we should rip 2 Timothy 3:16 out of the bible?

You don't comprehend 2 Timothy 3:16.

And notice that none of the grace scriptures came from Jesus? That is interesting.

Do you think they came from Satan?

The gospel clearly teaches that we believe, we have faith, and because of that faith we follow Jesus and do the things that Jesus did, and if we do these things, Jesus will give us his grace, which is absolutely needed to have eternal life with him.

That's Mormonism to a Tee! Eternal Life has to be earned per Mormonism.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And you do?

Do you think they came from Satan?
No, but the biblical doctrine comes from the words of Paul, not Jesus. IOW Jesus did not say it is by grace that you are saved, not of works lest ye boast. Jesus said, if you believe me and love me, then get to work and help me build the kingdom and bring fruit into the kingdom of God. I guarantee that if you resist Jesus and do not the things that he has before prepared for you to do, you will not receive his grace, which forgives all sins and allows you into eternal life with him.

Jesus did not preach OSAS. For that fact, Paul did not preach OSAS. The bible does not teach OSAS.

That's Mormonism to a Tee! Eternal Life has to be earned per Mormonism.

The works that Jesus has before ordained you to do, cannot earn you eternal life. It is finally the grace of Jesus Christ that saves, but I again guarantee that if you resist and fail to do those things that Jesus has before ordained you to do, you will fail in your goal of eternal life with him.
Ephesians 2:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

If you do not walk in them, he will not save you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
My ancestors aren't my fathers. We are not interested in helping someone progress in a false gospel of a false Christ. Historians happen to like history. My husband and I were both interested in genealogy before were Mormons. Even atheists have been known to do family research as a hobby. There are historical societies all over America. Those volunteers are not likely to be 50% Mormons.

Malachi said nothing about genealogical research and Mormonism is false. I doubt that the majority of my ancestors even referred to a Savior.
I'm sorry, but another definition of your ancestors are your "fathers" Short for your "fathers and your mothers".

Why did you and your husband feel the need to do genealogical work?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

I comprehend fine. Every scripture inspired of God [is] also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness.

If all scriptures are profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, then both of these scriptures are to be taken seriously.
John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
AND
Mark 16:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

If 1 of the scriptures says you only have to believe to be saved, but the other scripture(just as God inspired as the other one) says that you must believe and be baptized to be saved, which one are you going to follow?

I know this that millions of Christians follow John 3:16 with much zeal, and that same millions say bad things about Mark 16:16. Interesting but true. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And you do?

No, but the biblical doctrine comes from the words of Paul, not Jesus. IOW Jesus did not say it is by grace that you are saved, not of works lest ye boast. Jesus said, if you believe me and love me, then get to work and help me build the kingdom and bring fruit into the kingdom of God. I guarantee that if you resist Jesus and do not the things that he has before prepared for you to do, you will not receive his grace, which forgives all sins and allows you into eternal life with him.

Jesus has forgiven and does forgive my sins. That is why I love Him so much and left your religion to follow Him and do His will instead of following false gods. Real joy is mine! I have His grace!

Mormonism is a frightful, unmerciful religion! If you don't obey the lettter of Joseph Smith's law, you won't have eternal life.

"The scriptures are a mixture of very strange doctrines to the Christian world, who are blindly led by the blind."
History of the Church, Volume 6, p. 478

"This Church[LDS] is the ensign on the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, the truth, and the life. "
Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, April, 1961, p. 119

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm sorry, but another definition of your ancestors are your "fathers" Short for your "fathers and your mothers".

Why did you and your husband feel the need to do genealogical work?

It wasn't a need. It was fun!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has forgiven and does forgive my sins. That is why I love Him so much and left your religion to follow Him and do His will instead of following false gods. Real joy is mine! I have His grace!

Mormonism is a frightful, unmerciful religion! If you don't obey the lettter of Joseph Smith's law, you won't have eternal life.

"The scriptures are a mixture of very strange doctrines to the Christian world, who are blindly led by the blind."
History of the Church, Volume 6, p. 478

"This Church[LDS] is the ensign on the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, the truth, and the life. "
Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, April, 1961, p. 119
According to the Bible the greatest blessings are given to the obedient.

(New Testament | Luke 10:25 - 28)

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Those who LOVE Jesus do keep the commandments and will get the blessings for doing so:

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 16)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

(New Testament | John 14:21 - 23)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

These are the blessing that are promised to those who keep the commandments. Those who don't have NO promise! Therefore every blessing, even these greatest blessings, come about through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.

I don't know how anyone can misunderstand these scriptures and Jesus' own words "sin no more" yet it seems that there are those who love sin more than they love Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.