Daughter wants to wear crop top to family Thanksgiving

OK for a belly button ring to be visible on Thanksgiving?

• Yes, it's fine.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but only to be rebellious.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

*Jesus Freak*

I Love Jesus
Nov 21, 2017
Maryland
✟12,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The OP's daughter had hers put in at 15, which is probably not a bad age to get it, more or less; maybe about when you received yours?

Of course your bf likes it.
Got mine a little later when I was 16.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Got mine a little later when I was 16.
Well this is round about the appropriate age to have it; having a well healed, looked after and usable hole is often a sign of growing up thing, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: *Jesus Freak*
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Abbreviation for dear daughter (aged) 15.

Ok, thanks. My daughter is 11.

Not seen her since Monday as away on a school trip. I am missing her so so much!

Can't wait to see her tomorrow!

God bless you my dear friend In Christ

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, thanks. My daughter is 11.

Not seen her since Monday as away on a school trip. I am missing her so so much!

Can't wait to see her tomorrow!

God bless you my dear friend In Christ
I hope you will both be blessed by the Scriptures! :)

11 is probably a bit young to have the procedure done, even if a girl has already started to want it; some parlors have age limits in any case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I hope you will both be blessed by the Scriptures! :)

11 is probably a bit young to have the procedure done, even if a girl has already started to want it; some parlors have age limits in any case.

..???

Upvote 0

*Jesus Freak*

I Love Jesus
Nov 21, 2017
Maryland
✟12,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@*Jesus Freak* Age 11 (see above) would be a bit young; I expect you are glad you waited until you received it when you did, whether or not mom and dad needed a bit of persuading to let you.
Mom and Dad wouldn't allowed me to get a belly button ring at the age of 11. Now Way. At 16 it did take a few times persuading my Dad to let me get it done, but it finally happened.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Mom and Dad wouldn't allowed me to get a belly button ring at the age of 11. Now Way. At 16 it did take a few times persuading my Dad to let me get it done, but it finally happened.

My daughter is 11. I trust her with my life. If she wants it, she can have it. Trust, love, God's guidance is very important.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At 16 it did take a few times persuading my Dad to let me get it done, but it finally happened.
Seems like your mom already realized a bit before your dad did how, if not absolutely necessary, it's something that is appropriate for a young lady to have put in who is on the way to being a grown up, anyway.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

*Jesus Freak*

I Love Jesus
Nov 21, 2017
Maryland
✟12,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seems like your mom already realized a bit before your dad did how, if not absolutely necessary, it's something that is appropriate for a young lady to have put in who is on the way to being a grown up, anyway.
I think I mostly wanted one because many of my girlfriends were getting them. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think I mostly wanted one because many of my girlfriends were getting them. :)
Well, it's exactly what is done so widely at around that age; and if your dad didn't quite appreciate the idea at first, seems like your mom took less persuading to see your point of view.

• Agree
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
.. it finally happened.
*Jesus Freak*: So do you think really it's best after all to treat such a thing in an undramatic, matter of fact way that is quite likely to happen in the course of events? Probably a bit how your mom regarded it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

*Jesus Freak*

I Love Jesus
Nov 21, 2017
Maryland
✟12,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
*Jesus Freak*: So do you think really it's best after all to treat such a thing in an undramatic, matter of fact way that is quite likely to happen in the course of events? Probably a bit how your mom regarded it.
I don't think parents should overreact to there child's request for something like this. If they do it is only going to make the child go out and sneak behind the parents back and try to do it themselves. Regardless, you get legally get it done on your own at I believe 18 anyway.

• Winner
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think parents should overreact to there child's request for something like this. If they do it is only going to make the child go out and sneak behind the parents back and try to do it themselves. Regardless, you get legally get it done on your own at I believe 18 anyway.
Instead of reacting there's maybe a case for embracing the event and sometimes even proactively making sure the daughter has it hygienically put in through a clean cut at a reputable, licensed parlor. (Do you feel you received a bit of an overreaction at least at first?)

Upvote 0