• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dating anxiety as a 31 year old Christian woman after ongoing dating disasters

Jan 11, 2018
Wisconsin
✟15,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone, I'm a new member and I'm happy to support everyone and have them in my prayers. I grew up in a Lutheran church and have upheld a lot of the Christian teaches I've been taught. As I became an adult after high school I moved to another city and haven't been attending church but I always kept my faith in God and my prayers. One of my main struggles as an adult was to find a man I connected with and start a serious relationship. I tried the old fashion wait for the right person to come along method which kept me waiting for a decade with no one coming along. So three years ago I started online dating which has been the most painful experiences being a virgin. Every single guy I tried to get to know only wanted hookups. I became friends with one guy in particular who was an Arab Muslim who said and did the most hurtful things and I constantly forgave him. He was the first guy I had ever became close with . But he didn't want a relationship with me and admitted his intentions for me were just to hit and run. But the most hurtful was him constantly asking for a three some with him and his male cousin not caring I was a virgin. He would even put his cousin on three way on the phone to try to talk me into to it. After a while when he seen I wouldn't do it he completely cut off communication with me and said we couldn't talk or see each other once he started his family business as an owner of a hookah cafe. The year of 2017 was me trying to get over him but constantly running into to guys on the dating site that only wanted hookups even after knowing I was a virgin and being open about trying to move on. As the beginning of this year has started I cut off all contact with everyone I taliked to on the online dating sites and even changed my number. My anxiety started to kick in when I started getting dms from guys on my Instagram and Facebook page who seemed to have the same intentions as the guys on the dating sites. I'm starting this year as a new beginning for me and a journey to let go of resentment and hurt that I still have from the Arab Muslim guy I cared about. I'm kindly asking everyone from the bottom of my heart to pray for me in this journey of moving on and letting go.

Jan 11, 2018
Wisconsin
✟15,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matt 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Father in heaven please show her the true lover of a lifetime in due time (in Your time), in the name of Jesus Amen.
Amen❤

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would say, don't give up. I didn't find my soulmate until I was 35. God can use circumstances in our lives to shape and mold us into who He wants us to be. Not always painless or pleasant. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus? From my own experience, until I had that relationship with Him, my life was chaotic from trying to do things my way, and not His.
Be patient and work on that relationship. Maybe try going back to church.
Praying for you sister, may God bless you abundantly

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2018
Wisconsin
✟15,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say, don't give up. I didn't find my soulmate until I was 35. God can use circumstances in our lives to shape and mold us into who He wants us to be. Not always painless or pleasant. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus? From my own experience, until I had that relationship with Him, my life was chaotic from trying to do things my way, and not His.
Be patient and work on that relationship. Maybe try going back to church.
Praying for you sister, may God bless you abundantly
Thank you, I've always kept a relationship with Jesus. 2017 was by far on of the toughest years for me. I'm keeping hope and staying positive to move on to better people and opportunities. God bless you

Upvote 0