Dating Advice - from me, from you, from everyone (semi-serious fun)

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,377.00
Faith
Christian
Thought this'd be a fun topic - let's create a scrapbook of advice from everyone here so that we can have a 'one stop shop' so to speak for both purpose and amusement. Obviously, I'll start:

- Have a purpose in life. A goal or an ambition that's bigger than yourself (in other words, something that others - as well as yourself can benefit from.) Dating shouldn't consume more than 5% of your overall thought space. Nor should an individual person, at least not in the early stages.

- Know your worth. I don't care how sweet or lovely they may seem, if the effort isn't reciprocal, just walk away - because it's undoubtedly going to be down to one of two things: either they need just a little bit of space, distance and time to work you out and to assess their feelings towards you, or they're just not into you. The latter really isn't a disaster, and it's certainly never going to define your level of attractiveness. Discipline is your friend here - 100% of the time.

- On the date, intentionally mirror their body language a bit (in the most subtle way you can) and look out for their "go-to" words and mimic them - for me it's "y'know". This works especially well in a job interview - no, really. Just don't overdo it, or else, yeah... It'll just look strange.

- No reply to your text? Refer to point 2. Oh, so they're posting on social media whilst you're sitting around waiting for their reply? Grow up. Carry on with your life and stop caring so much.

- Empower the other person early on - even if that means making them angry. Don't be yet another enabler of bad habits for them. Emotions are good, and a mix of them are awesome - so don't lounge around in rainbows all day treating each other like characters from a nursery rhyme - push them out of the plane when they're looking like they're about to abort the jump, especially if it's something THEY know they need and want to do, and if you get the feeling they're capable. (Otherwise, don't.)

- Constructive criticism is sexier than a thousand empty compliments and honesty is more romantic than a thousand poems.

- Gifts are better MADE than bought. My last romantic gesture was a paining which cost me nothing but my own time. (She never stopped smiling and my bank account remained intact - well, less the cost of the paints and the canvas - which I had lying around anyway.)

That's all I have for now, your turn (remember, there are NO wrong answers, so fire away.)

For a bit of fun, mix in some BAD advice to if you like...

Reactions: MehGuy

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
-Don't spend most of the time texting. Talking is what dates are for.
-If you have plan already don't cancel them for the date.
-Be overly dramatic! Talk about every bad thing that happened to you. They will definitely pity, I mean, love you.
-Say "I love you and I cannot live without you" on the first date. Rom-coms never lie!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Find someone who...
  • Has a life.
  • Has steady employment/income.
  • Has good manners and grooming.
  • Leaves the house beyond going to work, school, or running errands.
  • Has solid friendships outside of the Internet.
  • Pursues passions and interests.
  • Is a doer. Not a dreamer or thinker who never gets started.
  • Responsible and willing to admit errors and accept input.
  • Isn’t adulting but the real thing. Cleans, feeds himself, etc. Untidy people rarely have housekeepers. If you want a family, you’ll be picking up behind everyone. Including him!
  • Keeps his word.
  • Inspires and supports your hopes and dreams.
  • Isn’t a spendthrift. Unless you plan to live at home.
  • Likes you and isn’t afraid to show it.
~Bella

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
For Men:
-Be at least 6/10 in appearance.
-Be six feet tall.
-Have six pack abs.
-Have a six figure income.

For Women:
-Be a blonde white woman who's at least 7/10 in appearance.

It's very sound advice from a community of experts I came across while web surfing. Why would the incel community lie about it?

:p
Incels like to be self-dramatic. Most white and Asian girls prefer to date in their own race yet that does not stop me from trying.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,377.00
Faith
Christian
Incels like to be self-dramatic. Most white and Asian girls prefer to date in their own race yet that does not stop me from trying.

I'm white British and have only ever had Asian girlfriends. One was Gujarati, one was Filipino, another was Chinese... Yeah, there's no link I don't think - it's just the way the cards fell at the time.

I do like a red head though, I don't care what anyone says, ginger girls are amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm white British and have only ever had Asian girlfriends. One was Gujarati, one was Filipino, another was Chinese... Yeah, there's no link I don't think - it's just the way the cards fell at the time.

I do like a red head though, I don't care what anyone says, ginger girls are amazing.
Most of the girls regardless of ethnicity are attracted to white men too and although I see the attraction on gingers, they have been a little problematic.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Most white and Asian girls prefer to date in their own race

Ever been to Asia? White guys have easy time finding Asian women to date.

The bit of difficulty is due to mild distrust of foreigners. That's the ONLY reason why Asian women may choose from their own race. It's a very minor problem.

But as long as a white guy can prove himself to be loyal, gentleman, courteous, polite, sensitive/understanding, very good temper, and a "family man type" would easy attract Asian women.

Ever watched the movie "Daddy's Home"? The character portrayed by Will Ferrell is the type of a white guy that Asian women would dig!

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,377.00
Faith
Christian
- Don't date over 50,000 years old, as anything older than that has insufficent C-14 to be measurable.

- You can date bone, cloth, wood and plant fibers. Don't let others judge you.

- Preferably do it in a lab.

MDF board and Instagram Influencers have a lot in common - both are cheap and flaky and both can pass themselves off as oak flooring with the right filter.

• Haha
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ever been to Asia? White guys have easy time finding Asian women to date.

The bit of difficulty is due to mild distrust of foreigners. That's the ONLY reason why Asian women may choose from their own race. It's a very minor problem.

But as long as a white guy can prove himself to be loyal, gentleman, courteous, polite, sensitive/understanding, very good temper, and a "family man type" would easy attract Asian women.

Ever watched the movie "Daddy's Home"? The character portrayed by Will Ferrell is the type of a white guy that Asian women would dig!
I agree, that's why I said "Most of the girls regardless of ethnicity are attracted to white men too"

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,377.00
Faith
Christian
Take your date to McDonald's. If they're still ogling at you - guess what? You've reeled in a keeper.

Even better - if they're actually looking legit pleased with your Pound Saver offerings (that's probably Dollar Saver to you). It's a bit of a test really, but it's the only one you'll need to do - because *I* personally wouldn't eat a Big Mac with YOUR mouth.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Take your date to McDonald's. If they're still ogling at you - guess what? You've reeled in a keeper.

Even better - if they're actually looking legit pleased with your Pound Saver offerings (that's probably Dollar Saver to you). It's a bit of a test really, but it's the only one you'll need to do - because *I* personally wouldn't eat a Big Mac with YOUR mouth.

Ironically, it's the only date I could afford!

But even if I hit the grand pot lottery, I'd take your advice!

I think it's related to the advice I gave earlier - avoid dating those who have inflated value of themselves.

If they were, they would likely hate you for bringing them to McDonalds!

It's not really about being cheap but it's a test of character. Life is full of disappointments but many of them doesn't have to be in the right perspective.

Being a Christian first is more important than conforming to the ways of the world.

• Agree
Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Refusing to go to McDonald’s (and the like) has nothing to do with poor character. Some people are more fastidious about their diet than others. And there’s a noticeable difference in the taste and quality of meat when it isn’t laden with chemicals and has a grass-fed diet.

~Bella

Upvote 0