• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

"date night" in lockdown

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by johndoo, Apr 7, 2020.

1. johndoo

johndoo Newbie

+127
    Protestant
    Married
    What are you all doing to beat the boredom in your marriage during the pandemic? We have gone to drive-through restaurants, gone for drives, and gone for walks in the county park that is still open. We have watched more movies on Netflix.

Overall, it hasn't been any different for our marital stress in my opinion. I have heard the divorce rate may be going up. Is it stressful for your marriage?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+3,602
    Non-Denom
    Married
    There are numerous ways to have "date nights"- a note in an unexpected place, a flower, a favorite poem, a time of prayer and/or Bible reading together. Wives generally expect husbands to be the spiritual leaders in our homes.

Cook together, try new recipes. Set the table even if you are eating a bowl of soup. Have a picnic. (you do the cleaning up - seriously).

Learning more about the other one's love language ("The Five Love Languages"). Eph 5:33 says husbands love your wives and wives respect your husbands. What does being respected mean to you and being loved mean to your wife. What is something your wife doesnt like to do but it has to be done then you do it.

Laugh together. Listening to a neurosurgeon recently after stating some of the benefits of laughter said our bodies react positively even if it's fake laugh. Could ever watch a silly movie together just to laugh.

Present her with a notebook filled with her genealogy infor as many generations back as you can go or God's perspective of her which can be obtained through Scripture or a list of positive characteristics that is reflective of how you "see' her.

Write her a poem or card or draw/paint something for her.

btw, encourage you to watch "Marriage Today" Those televised programs are on Daystar. Plus their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:35 AM
  3. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+3,098
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I have found the opposite, we are doing more together, praying for family, enjoying the quiet, cooking nice meals, gardening, hearing each other, talking about our early life, walking the dog, reaching out to others on the internet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. overit

overit Veteran

+677
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    To be honest, my husband and I are homebodies. I broke my leg Jan of last year and we spent months unable to do much of anything. Being 'housebound' isn't that hard for us after that ordeal honestly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+2,088
    Christian
    Married
    We have done things together like you mentioned, and we find ways of doing things separate too. Everyone needs their personal space after a while.

For example? He dropped off the Ranger to get serviced, and I drove over to a local Distillery that is selling hand sanitizer instead of booze. Two of my friends wanted some too, and so I picked up 3 -1/2 gallons! lol! Then I drove to get a Turkey breast for Easter, and some other tasty items for the day. He came home to find that mulch had been dropped off, and was spreading it all over the place when I got home.

Yep, we have watched more TV and Netflix than normal. My son got laid off, and so he is here to along with my BIL that lives with us anyway. I think we are all respecting our personal space at times, and coming together in others. I think personal space is important.

It's different, but you have to find a way to go with the flow. I figure Goodwill will be bountiful after this is done. Everyone is re-organizing and getting rid of stuff. OH! I'm definitely going to hit a SIT DOWN restaurant after this is done too. Normally, I don't mind cooking. It's grinding on me now though. lol dishes are grinding on my now...laundry is grinding...you get it!

I haven't been grounded since High School, and I'm OLD! lol and haven't done anything wrong either! (evil grin)

6. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+14,067
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    It's stressful in that we're both trying to work from home, under pressured circumstances (neither of us is working less, but we're having to find ways to work differently), and now the next term of school will be from home, too. That's a lot of extra demands to juggle with more limited resources/supports. And we're looking at possibly having to move house in the middle of all of this, so that is definitely stressful.

We're just taking things one day at a time, really.

7. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,738
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Don't know about your area, but most restaurants still offer takeout also.

But don't just serve it in the takeout containers.
    Re-Plate them & set the table.
    Go for the full 3-4 Course dinner route.

8. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+3,602
    Non-Denom
    Married
    take a walk or go for a drive - with little or no traffic