Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
STOP-Website-Banner_02.jpg

"Whatever you do for the least of my people, that you do for me."
This is meant to be an informative thread, simply bringing up information on many aspects of human trafficking. At the bottom, I included a few directories to find organizations to combat human trafficking. Please do share any resources you know about, especially if you know of summer programs that a male 21-year old Midwestern college student could do; I really want to do one next summer*, I just don't know where to look. Thank you for becoming more informed on this issue, and whatever your spirituality, please never stop asking God for help in the face of this evil. If you would like free resources to spread around your college campus, apartment building, church, or anywhere, the Department of Homeland Security has resources completely free for the asking; they just have a very good problem. So many people are asking for them, they're backordered by months! I ordered materials for my college in August or September, and still haven't received anything, so make sure to allow time if this is something you also feel called to do: Request Blue Campaign Materials

[*God had other plans; I'm doing a teaching job next summer instead. A few months ago, I was thinking about my desire to work against trafficking while praying the Stations of the Cross. A thought came to mind; "Have you thought about not doing this until after college?". Immediately after, I felt great peace at the idea of doing such work after college. Please pray for my teaching job, the people I'll meet, and my eventual work against trafficking. I would love to do that work with my future wife; God figure it out, but that's my desire. I figure if we can make it through a summer against trafficking, we can make it through anything. Another way to show up Satan by bringing something beautiful out of evil!]

I'm adding this to the beginning, because inappropriate contentography is so widespread & so often thought to be benign: inappropriate contenthub's profit off rape & child inappropriate content

Here's information from one of the leading anti-human trafficking organizations, Polaris. This is one of the more comprehensive websites for data in the United States, partly because Polaris also runs the National Human Trafficking Hotline (1-888-3737-888): The Facts

This is from the UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime), providing statistic for human trafficking worldwide: Global Report on Trafficking in Persons

This is a fact sheet, using information from the International Labor Organization and Walk Free Foundation: Human Trafficking by the Numbers

This is a Psychology Today article, less on hard data but providing valuable insight to why many victims of trafficking become trafficked: How U.S. Citizens Become Human Trafficking Victims

Here's information from the Department of Homeland Security: Identify a Victim

This is from Polaris, discussing the common method of luring people (generally young girls) into trafficking by "boyfriending", that is, faking romantic interest in someone online, to draw them to the point where they can be exploited: Looking for love online this Valentine's Day?

This is a series of short articles from PBS, describing human trafficking in various countries: Human Trafficking Worldwide ~ Mexico | Wide Angle | PBS

This is an article describing Japanese actresses who think they're taking a legitimate job, but get forced into inappropriate contentography (non-consensual inappropriate contentography goes far beyond Japan, and is a large reason for why my profile pictures declares "inappropriate content Fuels Human Trafficking"): Tricked into inappropriate content: Japanese actresses step out of the shadows

This is a government document regarding human trafficking in Texas: https://www.usccr.gov/pubs/docs/TX_HT_Report--ver 50--FINAL.pdf

Human trafficking is rampant at the Mexican/American border, but Polaris issued the following statement to describe why a border wall is an ineffective tool against it: Polaris Statement on a Border Wall and Human Trafficking

Here's an article from the American Psychological Association discussing men & boys as victims of trafficking: Unseen victims of sex trafficking

And finally, here's some lists of organizations that fight against this evil:

This is Priceless Project, and includes a directory for some anti-human trafficking organizations for all 50 states & DC: Priceless Movement

Another directory: Connect | List of Antislavery Organizations - End Slavery Now

This is an article about Chicago's growing prominence as a human trafficking hotspot, and interspersed are links to various anti-trafficking organizations in the Chicago area: Chicago: A National Hub for Human Trafficking - Juvenile Justice Information Exchange

CNN has a long list of organizations around the world: Anti-trafficking organizations around the world - CNN

Here's a list from ChildWelfare.gov: Sex Trafficking Prevention and Intervention Organizations - Child Welfare Information Gateway

Destiney Rescue offers numerous 2-week trips to Thailand & Cambodia for people involved in the organization: https://www.destinyrescue.org/us/get-involved/teams/short-term-trips/

Naomi's House is a safehouse for rescued victims from trafficking in the Chicago area. I have personally spoken with their leader at a small conference in Naperville, and this is definitely a good organization. They & other organizations all say the same thing; they need finances. A lot of good can be done by financial donations where they help the most.

Naomi's House | Moody Church

The Chicago area is local to me. Looking up "Human trafficking organizations in New York" or wherever you may be is a great way to find information for your own area. There's also oddball organizations, doing good things in ways you may not expect. I just found a coffee company that donates proceeds to anti-trafficking efforts: https://gfrcoffee.com/

There's also a band called Remedy Drive that a friend of mine really likes. It's not my kind of music, but their frontman does a lot with The Exodus Road, and their website includes items that can be purchased from survivors of sex trafficking, giving support to them through good products. I have one of their elephant neck pillows, and it is an excellent product! I'm including the link to this store, partly because it gives more information on the project. Looking around the whole website & looking up their music can also shine light on their part of the fight. Remedy Drive - Store

And this isn't a list of organizations, but it's an article from the US Department of State discussing how anyone can help fight human trafficking: 15 Ways You Can Help Fight Human Trafficking - United States Department of State

Similarly, this is a list of resources about human trafficking from Shared Hope International. Some of these require payment, but the printable resources at the bottom are free: Learn About Human Trafficking - Information and Resources | Shared Hope International

Thank you for your time, and please help end the scourge of human trafficking in whatever way you can!
90b15ee2c1f40d75779eb3100921b620.jpg

Last edited:

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
children are forced into sex slavery
It is nice that you are doing all of this research. There is a difference between sexual abuse and sexual slavery. Slavery is rare but abuse is excessive. 20% of children are investigated for sexual abuse. I am sure that runs the gamut of moderate to severe. Usually this follow some sort of a bell curve with most people somewhere in the middle. Someone with moderate abuse may have an extreme reaction. Someone with extreme abuse may have a moderate reaction. If 20% are reported and investigated then how much more abuse goes on that never gets reported to the authorities.

Slavery does have to do with control and fear. The slave is told to do what they are told to do or they will be tied to the wiping post and beaten to within an inch of their life. IF this works with the slave children to control them, then how much more the free children to keep them under control? Or if they have a slave child they play with and are getting close to. Then behave or we will beat your best friend. A joke when I was growing up was if your not good we are going to cook your goose and eat it for dinner. I thought to cook your goose means to get a spanking. But then one day I realized back on the farm they use to get attacked to the animals and did not want to eat them for dinner.

Life has a lot of twists and turns and I do not think the research does the issue justice. They look at this from a legal viewpoint and not so much medical or people actually trained to help these people.

People have more of an issue with abandonment. Why did the parents abandon them, or even sell them into slavery. Why were they not there to protect them and keep them save. Why were they not there for them when they needed them to be there.

Does not the pimp work off of these feeling of abandonment. I can be there for you. I will take care of you. Then the very person they trust begins to hurt them and abuse them. There was a story once about a "Jewish" & a Muslim boy who were best friends. Then one day they found out that they were not suppose to be good friends. They were suppose to be enemies and they were suppose to hate and fight with each other. Perhaps a pimp would feel justified to have a sex slave because he heard stories that his ancestors were slaves. So you have that whole issue to deal with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
People have more of an issue with abandonment. Why did the parents abandon them, or even sell them into slavery. Why were they not there to protect them and keep them save. Why were they not there for them when they needed them to be there.

Does not the pimp work off of these feeling of abandonment. I can be there for you. I will take care of you. Then the very person they trust begins to hurt them and abuse them. There was a story once about a "Jewish" & a Muslim boy who were best friends. Then one day they found out that they were not suppose to be good friends. They were suppose to be enemies and they were suppose to hate and fight with each other. Perhaps a pimp would feel justified to have a sex slave because he heard stories that his ancestors were slaves. So you have that whole issue to deal with.
You highlighted a lot of the complexities of this issue; such abandonment can seriously mess with a victim's mental state, and make them very susceptible to seemingly trustworthy people.

My friend who's actively worked against human trafficking has seen a case in Michigan where the parents wanted money (I believe for drugs), so they sold their 7-year old son to pedophiles. Fortunately, she managed to prosecute the parents & free the child (thank God!), although freeing the child & carrying out justice is hard to do in most situations.

When she was in Thailand for a summer to work against trafficking, she was talking to a woman who ran a brothel. The woman mentioned that she genuinely thought she was doing a good thing for her girls; yes, she was forcing them into prostitution, but she was otherwise treating them very well, and gave them plenty of freedom during the day. (This woman had been trafficked when she was young, and her pimp was very abusive; being kind to the girls she's trafficking genuinely felt like a good thing to do). Much of this has to do with how deep into Thai culture human trafficking is; especially in Pattaya, a city famous for sex tourism, sex trafficking is the norm.

May God bless us all & remind us of His presence in the worst of situations!
andrew-constantine-jesus-crucifixion-by-binusianwolf-d8o7kex (1).jpg

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend who's actively worked against human trafficking has seen a case in Michigan where the parents wanted money (I believe for drugs), so they sold their 7-year old son to pedophiles.
I have heard of mothers that pimp out their daughter for drugs. That maybe a part of why they end up confused and mixed up people. I am told a lot of people use drugs to buy sex. If their pimp takes the lions share of her money then about the only thing they get out of it is their drug habit supplied. The longer they stay in it the worse their addiction will become and the more difficult it is going to be to get out of it. Even I am told that the drugs takes away their desire for sex. Even though that is the only way some people have to pay for their drugs.

This makes them a drug addict that uses sex to pay for their drugs. It does not make them a sex slave.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This makes them a drug addict that uses sex to pay for their drugs. It does not make them a sex slave.
If it's voluntary. A police detective I talked to said that pimps often inject heroin into their victims without their consent; this makes them much easier to control. Or, as the National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens mentions:

"Human traffickers can use drugs as “bait” to recruit people who have a substance use disorder. Or they can use drugs to force a victim to obey their orders, or work harder or for longer hours." Human Trafficking and Drugs

Heroin is also commonly used as a way for sex slaves to cope with their situation; the numbing effects of heroin are very appealing to someone forced into prostitution multiple times a night. In this case, the drug addiction is a result of the sex slavery, not a cause.

May we never stop asking for God's blessings in every situation, and may we remember that His hope is everywhere!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it's voluntary. A police detective I talked to said that pimps often inject heroin into their victims without their consent; this makes them much easier to control. Or, as the National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens mentions:

"Human traffickers can use drugs as “bait” to recruit people who have a substance use disorder. Or they can use drugs to force a victim to obey their orders, or work harder or for longer hours." Human Trafficking and Drugs

Heroin is also commonly used as a way for sex slaves to cope with their situation; the numbing effects of heroin are very appealing to someone forced into prostitution multiple times a night. In this case, the drug addiction is a result of the sex slavery, not a cause.

May we never stop asking for God's blessings in every situation, and may we remember that His hope is everywhere!
It just strikes me as irony that the oxycotin blocks the receptors for the natural hormone oxyticin. So they do not feel any pleasure from having sex. It is something they are doing to buy their drugs. Very twisted. This is why these drugs are so dangerous because they block the bodies ability to be able to heal itself. To avoid a few days of discomfort people will take a chance on a drug that can give them a lifetime of misery. Then as you say the pimps know the power of this drug to control people. To turn them into a slave if they do not break the bondage early on in the game.

This is the sorcery we read about in Rev 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

This is a difficult drug to get off of. Tax payers are paying $85 million for treatment programs where the people are given methadone or some other "treatment" drug. So the drug companies are still making money off of them. The drug companies are offering a 12 billion dollar settlement to compensate for the damage they have done.

Purdue Pharma offers $10-12B to settle 2,000+ opioid lawsuits

My dad served our community as a Pediatrician for over 50 years. His generation of doctors would never prescribe opioids the way they are being prescribed now. There were severe problems with Heroin addiction back in the 1800's and my fathers generation did not want to open up that can of worms the way this generation has. If people remembered the Opium Wars maybe we could have avoided this epidemic.

Opium Wars - Wikipedia

My son told me that he had a friend that was given a prescription when he had his wisdom teeth pulled. He ended up having to go through withdrawal by the time he had used up his prescription. The drug companies, FDA and doctors are all to blame for this and the courts are staring to hold them accountable for what they have done and the plague they have brought upon us.

Rural american is wanting to blame the pimps but that is really a cover up. It is the Drug Pushers that we need to worry about and a lot of those drug pushers are licences medical doctors and pharmacists. This is why the Greek word of Witchcraft and Sorcery is pharmakeia. This is the Greek word we get Pharmacy from. A little research and they find out esp in rural american there is a very short list of people that are the most responsible for pushing these drugs. Usually a doctor and a pharmacist that have sold out to the devil.

Strong's Greek: 5331. φαρμακεία (pharmakeia) -- the use of medicine, drugs or spells

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If 20% are reported and investigated then how much more abuse goes on that never gets reported to the authorities.
This is a serious issue and so it behoves us to be accurate in our statements and assertions on the topic. You appear to assume that each reported case of abuse represents an actual case of abuse. What high quality research can you cite to support this belief? What is your source for the 20% figure?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your source for the 20% figure?
My father served our community as a Pediatrician for 50 years. I was there when we shredded his medical records. I was surprised that so many of his patients had been investigated for sexual abuse. Also my brother is a Child Psychologist. He was the Director of Psychology department at our local hospital. I did not actually look at the reports. I just assume they follow the normal bell curve. From mild to extreme with most somewhere in the middle. I also assume if 20% are investigated there must be more that never file a report. You can do a google search, most of this information is on there. Remember this has NOTHING to do with child services. This is just what was reported to the family doctor. Also this has nothing to do with what is reported to the police for them to investigate. You hear a lot of people say they were abused and it was never reported or investigated.

I never talked to my dad about this. I have talked to my brother sense he is the one that tests the child and fills out the report. My aunt was a social worker and took plenty of children away from their parents. Although I did not talk to her a lot about this either. We could have used the records for research, but my brother did not seem interested in keeping them at the time. There can be a $10,000 fine so he wanted to be sure everything was done in a proper way.

You are required to sign a paper about your medical records when you go to the doctor. So everyone is required by law to know about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My father served our community as a Pediatrician for 50 years. I was there when we shredded his medical records. I was surprised that so many of his patients had been investigated for sexual abuse. Also my brother is a Child Psychologist. He was the Director of Psychology department at our local hospital. I did not actually look at the reports. I just assume they follow the normal bell curve. From mild to extreme with most somewhere in the middle. I also assume if 20% are investigated there must be more that never file a report. You can do a google search, most of this information is on there. Remember this has NOTHING to do with child services. This is just what was reported to the family doctor. Also this has nothing to do with what is reported to the police for them to investigate. You hear a lot of people say they were abused and it was never reported or investigated.

I never talked to my dad about this. I have talked to my brother sense he is the one that tests the child and fills out the report. My aunt was a social worker and took plenty of children away from their parents. Although I did not talk to her a lot about this either. We could have used the records for research, but my brother did not seem interested in keeping them at the time. There can be a $10,000 fine so he wanted to be sure everything was done in a proper way.

You are required to sign a paper about your medical records when you go to the doctor. So everyone is required by law to know about this.
Thank you for taking the time to give a comprehensive reply. unfortunately, what you have said is really just anecdotal information. I was hoping, given your concern in the matter, that you might have something a little more solid. As you suggest, I'll see what I can find on Google Scholar.

A point you did not address was why your are assuming, as you seem to be, that every reported case was a genuine case. I'd be interested in your thinking on that.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for taking the time to give a comprehensive reply. unfortunately, what you have said is really just anecdotal information. I was hoping, given your concern in the matter, that you might have something a little more solid. As you suggest, I'll see what I can find on Google Scholar.

A point you did not address was why your are assuming, as you seem to be, that every reported case was a genuine case. I'd be interested in your thinking on that.
It is not my job to do your home work for you. People are use to being fed with a silver spoon when they need to discover the truth for themselves. To many people let Howard Stern, Kim Kardashian & Jerry Springer do their thinking for them. My responsibility is for my information to be accurate and verifiable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It is not my job to do your home work for you. People are use to being fed with a silver spoon when they need to discover the truth for themselves. To many people let Howard Stern, Kim Kardashian & Jerry Springer do their thinking for them.
Well I am disappointed that you are taking a hostile attitude. I repeat, we both seem to agree that this is a serious issue, yet you are not prepared to back up your private, anecdotal viewpoint with something more substantial.

It is the convention on internet forums that when a claim is made that such a claim should be justified with evidence if such evidence is requested. This is not only a convention, it is a common courtesy. Your refusal to follow this convention suggests that you do not have such evidence and that your viewpoint has been arrived at haphazardly based purely upon limited personal experience. That is hardly the proper way to go about forming an opinion on such an important matter, but you are of course free to use such an approach if you wish.

I have never read or heard single word uttered by Stern or Kardashian and have assiduously avoided doing so. Springer has made a couple of amusing comments and seems to be an astute "player to the masses". I find it mildly offensive that you imagine I would listen to any of them - or base my views on any verbiage from any source. What counts is data - something you have declared yourself unwilling to share.

My responsibility is for my information to be accurate and verifiable.
And yet you refuse to demonstrate that it is so and offer only local anecdote. I think we're done here. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word they use is evaluation and there is a lot of math involved. Sociology is different from Psychology. They both have their own way to evaluate the situation when a report is made. The police also have their way of doing things to verify how accurate the information is they are given. My wife actually has her college degree in Sociology.

I was on quota one day and a women there explained the whole gamut of sexual abuse that lasts for about 10 years in her case. IT could last a lifetime. In the beginning you can have an inappropriate look, word spoken or touch. In the end or extreme you can have a situation like Ariel Castro's in Cleveland who had three girls tired up and he was using them as sex slaves. Women usually do not start to figure things out until they are in their 30's.

Often these women carry a scar. So if you see a scar and you ask her about it, then put on your seat belt and get ready to go for a ride as she tells her story.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I am disappointed that you are taking a hostile attitude.
You feeding a bad attitude. Coping an attitude. I am pretty sure I know the reason for that but this is not the time or the place to go into it. I had a bad attitude toward my first wife because she abandoned her son when he was 2 1/2 years old. God healed me of the anger I had for her when I was in church taking communion one day.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The word they use is evaluation and there is a lot of math involved. Sociology is different from Psychology. They both have their own way to evaluate the situation when a report is made. The police also have their way of doing things to verify how accurate the information is they are given. My wife actually has her college degree in Sociology.

I was on quota one day and a women there explained the whole gamut of sexual abuse that lasts for about 10 years in her case. IT could last a lifetime. In the beginning you can have an inappropriate look, word spoken or touch. In the end or extreme you can have a situation like Ariel Castro's in Cleveland who had three girls tired up and he was using them as sex slaves. Women usually do not start to figure things out until they are in their 30's.

Often these women carry a scar. So if you see a scar and you ask her about it, then put on your seat belt and get ready to go for a ride as she tells her story.
Thank you for your reply. It didn't answer my question, but I see little point in pursuing it further.

In regard to your other post, I have no intention of attempting to guess your motivations, nor at hinting that I may understand them. I would appreciate it if you would extend me the same courtesy. Thank you.

Upvote 0