✟1,162.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kemaldohak said:
It claims that unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling and unconscious atoms turned into seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking and conscious human beings stems from the divine power of chance… [/QUOTE]

Last I checked, a sperm and an egg are unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling and unconscious (is this a correct term to use here as it would imply it is out of consciousness, not lacking consciousness?) yet the combination of the two stems human beings in a mere 9 months! I should know, I watched two grow inside my wife with one arriving just 5 days ago :p

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kemaldohak said:
DARWINISM IS ON THE RETREAT, AND IS NO LONGER IN A POSITION TO DECEIVE THE WORLD!Darwinism suggests that transitional fossils exist when they do not ... It offers invalid proofs ... Although all the fossils discovered clearly verify creation it maintains the exact opposite ... It seeks to have people believe that artists, scientists and professors could come into being as the result of chance, by way of proteins, the chances of which themselves coming into existence by chance are 1 in 10950, in other words "an impossibility." It even seeks to convince people that the professors who thus emerge are founding universities to examine how they, themselves, came into being by chance.Darwinism regards the way that the chromosome in a living cell contains more coded information than a giant library as a miracle of blind chance... It claims that unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling and unconscious atoms turned into seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking and conscious human beings stems from the divine power of chance… For Darwinism, chance is a deity that works miracles. In these works you can see how the dark spell of Darwinism has been eliminated...................................

There is really no point in doing a victory dance since it will just transpose into something else. Just as the gods of time and chance, fertilty and instict became icons in modern times through Darwinism they will do the same thing again, they allways do.

Upvote 0

MuAndNu

Practical Atheist
Mar 29, 2004
✟2,347.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Republican
kemaldohak said:
DARWINISM IS ON THE RETREAT, AND IS NO LONGER IN A POSITION TO DECEIVE THE WORLD!Darwinism suggests that transitional fossils exist when they do not ... It offers invalid proofs ... Although all the fossils discovered clearly verify creation it maintains the exact opposite ... It seeks to have people believe that artists, scientists and professors could come into being as the result of chance, by way of proteins, the chances of which themselves coming into existence by chance are 1 in 10950, in other words "an impossibility." It even seeks to convince people that the professors who thus emerge are founding universities to examine how they, themselves, came into being by chance.Darwinism regards the way that the chromosome in a living cell contains more coded information than a giant library as a miracle of blind chance... It claims that unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling and unconscious atoms turned into seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking and conscious human beings stems from the divine power of chance… For Darwinism, chance is a deity that works miracles. In these works you can see how the dark spell of Darwinism has been eliminated...................................

I hope you're crossing your fingers when you say that. It won't work unless you cross your fingers.

Upvote 0

Lilandra

Princess-Majestrix
Dec 9, 2004
state of mind
Visit site
✟19,703.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
on your differential reproductive success.

llDayo said:
kemaldohak said:
It claims that unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling and unconscious atoms turned into seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking and conscious human beings stems from the divine power of chance… [/QUOTE]

Last I checked, a sperm and an egg are unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling and unconscious (is this a correct term to use here as it would imply it is out of consciousness, not lacking consciousness?) yet the combination of the two stems human beings in a mere 9 months! I should know, I watched two grow inside my wife with one arriving just 5 days ago :p

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ImmortalTechnique said:
ooh gods of fertility? you mean like your easter celebrations?

Artemis~Colbert4.gif

No actually I was thinking about the fertility goddess Artemise.

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ooooh... so THAT'S where darwin got it from...

these people are starting to REALLY reach to set up this battle between evolution and christianity...

remember that evolution never set itself up against christianity... christians (some) set themselves up against evolution...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
llDayo said:
I should know, I watched two grow inside my wife with one arriving just 5 days ago :p

Ouch. My sympathies, mate. :p

The OP calls it a "retreat"...the rest of us call it "shaking our heads in amazement, turning around, and going down the the pub for a pint".

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Illuminatus said:
Ouch. My sympathies, mate. :p

The OP calls it a "retreat"...the rest of us call it "shaking our heads in amazement, turning around, and going down the the pub for a pint".

no, MOST of the rest of us call it "shaking our heads in amazement, turning around, and going down to the BAR for 19.2152067 OUNCES!"

america... f yeah!

couldn't resist

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ImmortalTechnique said:
no, MOST of the rest of us call it "shaking our heads in amazement, turning around, and going down to the BAR for 19.2152067 OUNCES!"

america... f yeah!

couldn't resist

Bah. You'll need more than 19.2152067 ounces of that slosh you guys down there call beer. :p

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
So...is the OP going to come back? Or did he give up after one post? I took a look at some of the things he's written in other threads, and they usually consist of a single sentence stating his opinion. That's it. No argument, no sources, no evaluation, nothing. Just one sentence that contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion of the topic at hand. All told, he seems pretty worthless as a participant in discussion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Elduran said:
After all, the chance of last weeks lottery draw occuring in precisely the order it did was about 1 in 400,000,000,000, but it happened.

So, all you have to do is add about 49 more zeros to that number, and you will have the chance on if evolution could happen.

Upvote 0

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
JohnR7 said:
Or maybe the numbers in your probability thread are bunk and give no real information.

Well, have you looked? If you read the thread you'd see that it uses basic probability theory. Nothing fancy, nothing fake, all 100% accurate. It's a proof that something with 0% chance of occurring, occurring, and what it means to be mathematically impossible.

Remember, proofs are for alcohol and mathematics, and that thread is pure mathematics. If you do read it, and you still don't understand how something with 0% probability of occurring can occur, let me know.

Upvote 0