Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sure this is going to be a very good discussion, but I am seeing a very dangerous trend of what is happening today, all in the disguise of Political Correctness. Now I am just gonna say this for what it is, but as far as I am concerned, Political Correctness (PC) is just rotten to the core.

From what I see about PC, all I am seeing is a concept that is designed to promote that which is wicked and perverse, and at the same time, the darkness that should be exposed is being swept under the rug, all because of people who feel offended of being told certain things.

Has the world finally reached its point that when people who expose darkness for what it is, they get either fined or jailed.

What is going on in the world today, it is like we are literally seeing good is becoming bad, and bad is becoming good. It is as if the world in general is becoming more and more insane.

Makes no more sense the world today.

The only way I can describe it, is that it feels to me society in general, this man made society we have today, wants nothing to do with The Most High. Do other people see this as well? I don't think I am alone in this.

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am sure this is going to be a very good discussion, but I am seeing a very dangerous trend of what is happening today, all in the disguise of Political Correctness. Now I am just gonna say this for what it is, but as far as I am concerned, Political Correctness (PC) is just rotten to the core.

From what I see about PC, all I am seeing is a concept that is designed to promote that which is wicked and perverse, and at the same time, the darkness that should be exposed is being swept under the rug, all because of people who feel offended of being told certain things.

Has the world finally reached its point that when people who expose darkness for what it is, they get either fined or jailed.

What is going on in the world today, it is like we are literally seeing good is becoming bad, and bad is becoming good. It is as if the world in general is becoming more and more insane.

The only way I can describe it, is that it feels to me society in general, this man made society we have today, wants nothing to do with The Most High. Do other people see this as well? I don't think I am alone in this.
I think it was George Orwell who said that control starts verbally before it moves onto totalitarianism.

PC is the verbal control that is infecting the world and with the legalising of same sex marriage will come the totalitarianism.

A friend of mine points all this out in a widely read daily blog and very often his biggest critics are Christians.

My view is that if you leave a vacuum someone will come along and fill it. The church has done this by abdicating the call to preach the gospel and holiness and replacing it with a feel good gospel full of wealth, health and it's a wonderful life.

As it no longer raises a flag for moral standards, it has been replaced by those raising the flag for immoral standards.

Now if you hold to a moral standard you are deemed intolerant and if you hold to an immoral standard you are deemed moral.

The end result, in an effort to stay relevant the church is embracing homosexuality rather than condemning it for what it is and always has been, sin. If you take one plug out of the dike it is not long before the dike is collapsing.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Here are good verses! :)

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10.25)

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." (Isaiah 9.2)

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10.25)

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." (Isaiah 9.2)
I am not sure the relevance of these verses to the topic.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being "politically correct" is the devil's way of slowly demoralizing society... it all started when prayer was banned from public schools in order to be politically correct because the more wicked someone/society becomes, the more offended they will get over the things of God. The first thing to get attacked is always the Christians... why? Because it's the devil puppeteering the masses and his first priority is to eliminate God from society.

The world is only going to get worse. We need to be close to God now more than ever

• Agree
Reactions: Hall
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well, I see. I happen to think for God's people these verses and others are highly relevant; so we can just disagree.

• Agree
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Can you be specific about how political correctness is is pro darkness?

I'll accept that there are a ridiculous examples, but I also see plenty of incidents of people wanting to be able to use racial and sexual slurs without comment.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's the spirit of the antichrist who has been at work for a couple of thousand years, I am not sure how bad it became back then but it seems as though we are nearing a repeat of Sodom and Gamorrah.
Even back in the days it said:
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Esaiah 5:20

I wonder if it comes in waves of darkness throughout the ages, I know that there is a huge difference from what was acceptable on TV 50 years ago compared to now, and now it's worse with the internet, anyone can see or hear anything they want and that is extremely harmful to the spirit.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, I see. I happen to think for God's people these verses and others are highly relevant; so we can just disagree.
I am not disagreeing with anything. I could not see the relevance of them so please explain.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not disagreeing with anything. I could not see the relevance of them so please explain.
As the world seems to get darker, those who live in the light in certain hope need to look up and value fellowship. This is a message which runs through the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The world is only going to get worse. We need to be close to God now more than ever

More specifically, Christians should start living according to what Christ wants us to live but instead, Christians have been living exactly the opposite of how Christ wants us to live!

Christians have been chasing the good life and loving the world instead of God for decades....I think now is the time we chase the Truth!

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More specifically, Christians should start living according to what Christ wants us to live but instead, Christians have been living exactly the opposite of how Christ wants us to live!

Christians have been chasing the good life and loving the world instead of God for decades....I think now is the time we chase the Truth!
Many Christians but not all chase the pleasures of the world, however many do change for the better with time and faith.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with this concept of being "political correct" is that this very concept is a form of brainwashing. It is a means in which to program people on not only on what to say, but how to think. And we see this today. One way of looking at it, political correctness is a form of spiritual cancer, it spreads. In this day and age, a lukewarm church in today's era is a political correct church.

You know, this man and machine concept, connecting a person's brain to a computer, can you imagine all sorts of programmable nonsense into a person's brain, it sounds sci-fi, but terrifying at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PC is just another way of saying "You can do what you want, how you want, when you want, with what you want and you have to accept it!". Its a way to make it so you can't argue with them about what they do "just because" you feel different.

Its been going on for a very long time. But in recent decades the "same sex" issue is what really made PC a bigger thing. And now because of that issue things are changing so now we have like 120 genders you can be (or not be). Now its spread into all areas of life. If you want to be a hate group but claim your a peace group, its allowed because its not PC to argue about it.

Soon after this it will also be PC to be accepting of people in inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophilia. And no I am not saying same sex has anything to do with those two things, though as you will see people will assume thats what I am saying because I'm not being PC by talking about another subject and then talking about something unrelated.

Some will say "Psh, it will never be ok to be a pedophile or into animals!". But you would be surprised what people are into and willing to accept. Especially outside of america. Heck if you look in the digital world there are people who have legally married robots, married online virtual women, one guy in Japan married a character he made in a video game! LEGALLY!

I'n pretty sure if I have someone attach (literally) helicopter blades to my head, people would accept it because it would be incorrect not to accept it. I refuse to be PC and nothing can stop me from doing so. Because thats the one problem with PC. If its about accepting people and what they do, then you also by your own definition have to accept what I want to say and what I think to then. If not then you are not PC yourself. Though I am sure they will try to get laws changed so you have to be PC.... unless your someone whos a christian because in that case we are just "Crazy" people.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker

Can you give an example so I get an idea what you are talking about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Is there a particular 'PC gone mad' that we can discuss.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its been going on for a very long time. But in recent decades the "same sex" issue is what really made PC a bigger thing. And now because of that issue things are changing so now we have like 120 genders you can be (or not be). Now its spread into all areas of life. If you want to be a hate group but claim your a peace group, its allowed because its not PC to argue about it.

Yes I have notice this in recent decades, and the "same sex" issue is making PC a far bigger issue. Not only that, but also this concept of gender choosing. A search on the internet one will find article of christian bakers getting for not taking part in same sex wedding celebrations. A search on the internet one will also find articles of preachers getting fined for quoting what it says in the bible.

Heck if you look in the digital world there are people who have legally married robots, married online virtual women, one guy in Japan married a character he made in a video game! LEGALLY!

Yes I recall this, a person marrying a video game character, that is not right. See if someone today was to come across a situation like this, and tries to talk the person out of doing something like this, said person will probably be treated as not being tolerant or discriminate in one way or another.

Yes this concept of marrying robots is really disturbing. Has society so deteriorated badly to the point that now people want to marry robots? Talk about merging man and machine. Nothing is making sense anymore, it is like everything we see today is being all jumbled up.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Hmm...

I think we hit that dark point when we killed [The Word of] God. That was the point of no return - which is why eventually this planet will put on new skin, new "garments" and be nearly obliterated. How do you get impurities out of gold?

Everything else has been the "fog of war" clearing, so we see the degeneracy in its eventual entirety.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
See if someone today was to come across a situation like this, and tries to talk the person out of doing something like this, said person will probably be treated as not being tolerant or discriminate in one way or another.
You are free to call people´s behaviours "wrong", and others are free to call your assertions "intolerant". I fail to see the problem. Freedom of speech doesn´t include the right of remaining uncriticized or uncontradicted.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Remember when calling someone "politically correct" was just a way for liberals to tease each other about saying things like "African-American" instead of "black"? Now, I don't even know how people define it. All I know is that conservatives hate it! (Whatever it is).

Conservatives need to come up with their own buzz-words and stop stealing ours. Political appropriation! Political appropriation!

Upvote 0