W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some dark night of the soul scriptures. Note 1 Co 7. It is about not being happy in this life, yet being happy as we look toward our heavenly redemption (in my opinion). Often we get attached to things in life that cause us anxiety, and maybe even a dark night of the soul as well.

The answer then, perhaps, is to die to this life, and put to death our love for this world so that we may live. I believe such dark moments may be to remind us that we have died and been risen with Christ, and our Life is now hidden with Him in God, in heaven.

1 Co 7:30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

Colossians 3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

2 Corinthians 6:10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

Proverbs 30:8 Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that is needful for me,
lest I be full and deny you
and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
and profane the name of my God.

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

2 Corinthians 5:4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Upvote 0

raybo

Sep 27, 2016
New South Wales
✟15,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some dark night of the soul scriptures. Note 1 Co 7. It is about not being happy in this life, yet being happy as we look toward our heavenly redemption (in my opinion). Often we get attached to things in life that cause us anxiety, and maybe even a dark night of the soul as well.

The answer then, perhaps, is to die to this life, and put to death our love for this world so that we may live. I believe such dark moments may be to remind us that we have died and been risen with Christ, and our Life is now hidden with Him in God, in heaven.

1 Co 7:30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

Colossians 3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

2 Corinthians 6:10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

Proverbs 30:8 Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that is needful for me,
lest I be full and deny you
and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
and profane the name of my God.

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

2 Corinthians 5:4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
Amen, thank you brother

Coming out of the dark night of the soul brought me to realise that I was stuck in a life that I had grown to hate.

No wonder as the Lord tells us to hate our lives.

And "he who tries to keep his life will find it and he who loses his life for the sake of the gospel will keep it for now and for eternity.

There are no longer any memories of the deep clinical depression as He has led me out as He promises to do.

No longer living in the same state, no longer in the same job and no longer like the same things strangely enough. Life has a purpose at last and requires that time alone with Him still but in intercession purposes required in my job.

This new life is exciting as He has led me to trust in Him for everything as I had come to the end of myself.

He sure knows how to get our attention.

His love never fails

Blessings

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen, thank you brother

Coming out of the dark night of the soul brought me to realise that I was stuck in a life that I had grown to hate.

No wonder as the Lord tells us to hate our lives.

And "he who tries to keep his life will find it and he who loses his life for the sake of the gospel will keep it for now and for eternity.

There are no longer any memories of the deep clinical depression as He has led me out as He promises to do.

No longer living in the same state, no longer in the same job and no longer like the same things strangely enough. Life has a purpose at last and requires that time alone with Him still but in intercession purposes required in my job.

This new life is exciting as He has led me to trust in Him for everything as I had come to the end of myself.

He sure knows how to get our attention.

His love never fails

Blessings
You're welcome.

Upvote 0

Reganne

Jan 20, 2019
New Roads
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many years. You aren't alone. Some people believe all Christians go through it at some point. Some even believe all Christians go through it several times in their life (if one lives a life of normal length).

Ask God to grant you more faith that he is with you and that he loves you—I'm talking about a kind of faith where it actually comforts you a little, rather than it being knowledge with an empty feeling. One of the best things is to not keep it to yourself. Express it to those who won't judge you, such as kindred souls in a support group. Another thing that matters is to be getting consistent prayer support.
Could you please email me or message me on here? I am currently in the middle of a dark night,and I am trying to learn how to cope. My email is dreganne@gmail.com.

Upvote 0

Reganne

Jan 20, 2019
New Roads
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't disagree....

There's been an on-going study of Job that entwined with my own deep despairing. As such, what comes to mind for me is that deep despairing that the people of God experienced.

There's Elijah, for instance.

(i will clarify my point soon)
Could you please message me on here or email me? I am going through the Dark Night myself, and I need some encouragement. I feel so alone and hopeless. I need to find ways to cope.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Reganne

Jan 20, 2019
New Roads
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically theology of the cross is when God actually uses our struggles in life to strengthen our faith and character. He call us to 'take up our crosses daily' Luke 9:23 and we must not forget Psalm 23:4 yea, though I walk 'through' the valley of death... God often uses the struggles of life for our benefit rather than just always extracting us from those circumstances on the basis of the strength of our faith, i.e. 'Theology of glory onlyism'. I believe God can and will help us avoid and save us 'from' pitfalls but typically He saves us 'through' pitfalls.
Hi, I am going through my own Dark Night,and I need someone who has been through it. I cannot hear God right now. It seems like He is completely and utterly absent from my life. Could you please message me or email me @dreganne@gmail.com?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Could you please message me on here or email me? I am going through the Dark Night myself, and I need some encouragement. I feel so alone and hopeless. I need to find ways to cope.

:heart: i will send you a message, Reganne. Welcome to CF (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Reganne

Jan 20, 2019
New Roads
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many years. You aren't alone. Some people believe all Christians go through it at some point. Some even believe all Christians go through it several times in their life (if one lives a life of normal length).

Ask God to grant you more faith that he is with you and that he loves you—I'm talking about a kind of faith where it actually comforts you a little, rather than it being knowledge with an empty feeling. One of the best things is to not keep it to yourself. Express it to those who won't judge you, such as kindred souls in a support group. Another thing that matters is to be getting consistent prayer support.
Hi, I’m going through my own Dark Night. I could really use some encouragement and support. Would you please message me?

Upvote 0