Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First of all, its great that you are sleeping.
Secondly, dark circles can be hereditary, i know 'boo hoo!'. :( Stress and constipation can cause dark circles under the eyes as well.

I'll have to look into it even furture to see how you can reduce the puffyness. I know that my going to be Mother in Law, uses an eye gell pad that is left in the fridge each morning. She puts it over her eyes when she wakes up for about 10 minutes to reduce the puffyness and dark circles under her eye, and it works!

Reactions: Plan 9
Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
I am in the United States, but I support Israel
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
the dark circles under my eyes are hereditary I guess since it's actually just a darker skin colour. Concealor works, I also use a green stick for any red marks on my face and a yellow stick for under the eyes then you put concealor over that. I don't think there is anything you can do for the puffyness except love yourself for the way you look.

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Most Holy Theotokos save us!
Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In movies, and some spa commericlas and add's. I see that women put cucumber slices on their eyelids. I heard that this is done to reduce dark undereyes. Then again, i heard that it's a myth.

Are the cucmber slices there to look like somthing is happning? (lol)..Or, do they actually do somthing?

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
BondmaidenOfChrist said:
What do you all use to reduse under eye puffyness and dark circles?
I have some concealer but it doesn't seem to work very well.And evern if I get 8 or9 hours of sleep they are still puffy.

The very most effective product I've used for concealing some very dark circles under my eyes is Almay coverstick. It comes in a little tube, quite similar to lipstick, and I imagine that the brand itself is far less important than that the coverstick have two sides, one more-or-less flesh-toned, and one white. I got Almay because I tend to be a bit allergic, but what worked was the double application of the two types of gook on both sides of the coverstick. At the time, I badly needed to conceal that particular tell-tale sign of increasing illness, and, boy, did it work! :)

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
whitneysyed said:
ahh..of all practical things! who would have guessed?

It's strange how that was the last thing I'd have ever thought of. I learned it quite by accident while attempting to hydrate myself after surgery to the satisfaction of the hosptial staff so I could go home. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey gals, don't fret about the dark circles. Tsarina mentioned that they could be hereditary. Some guys, including myself, find them attractive - I am mostly attracted to girls of Mediterranean descent (Spanish, Italian, Greek, Semitic) and I find those dark circles attractive. Plus, being Italian, I have some pretty dark circles under my eyes too!! :)

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ps139 said:
Hey gals, don't fret about the dark circles. Tsarina mentioned that they could be hereditary. Some guys, including myself, find them attractive - I am mostly attracted to girls of Mediterranean descent (Spanish, Italian, Greek, Semitic) and I find those dark circles attractive. Plus, being Italian, I have some pretty dark circles under my eyes too!! :)

It's not uncommon to have an attraction to darker complextion around the eye. I know some guys who have stated that they loved the darkness around some women's eye. I'm Egyptian, and i have dark tanned features. I do remember that when my fiance was first dating me, he mentioned that i shouldn't put concealor around my eye, because he loved the slight darkness around them.

Furthermore, i have to say that it can look nice on some people.

Upvote 0

undecided

Nov 21, 2005
✟217.00
Faith
Christian
i have it ....quiet bad i would say although some say it's not that bad
this is going to sound terrible, but i truly cannot wait for the day i have plastic surgery done. it really bothers me.
i have come to accept myself like this and if i dont get the plastic surgery done - oh well. but i would really like to, so we will see.

Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
I am in the United States, but I support Israel
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
hey that is great to know. I also have that dark skin under the eyes plus I guess you could say cat-eye look where the outside crease of my eyes have darker skin.
Tsarina said:
It's not uncommon to have an attraction to darker complextion around the eye. I know some guys who have stated that they loved the darkness around some women's eye. I'm Egyptian, and i have dark tanned features. I do remember that when my fiance was first dating me, he mentioned that i shouldn't put concealor around my eye, because he loved the slight darkness around them.

Furthermore, i have to say that it can look nice on some people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tsarina

Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
whitneysyed said:
hey that is great to know. I also have that dark skin under the eyes plus I guess you could say cat-eye look where the outside crease of my eyes have darker skin.

The outside crease with a little bit of darkness is very nice! i always thought that. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

isaiah5213

Bury Me With a Sword in my Hand
Sep 8, 2004
louisville kentucky area
✟18,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
whitneysyed said:
the dark circles under my eyes are hereditary I guess since it's actually just a darker skin colour. Concealor works, I also use a green stick for any red marks on my face and a yellow stick for under the eyes then you put concealor over that. I don't think there is anything you can do for the puffyness except love yourself for the way you look.

uh, you will probably throw rotten tomatoes at me for this, but me and my roomie tried it and it is proven... we both had bad allergies, and we used preparation h on our eyes... works wonders! it clears up in about 3 days, and i didn't even need to use concealer. (my roomie had terrible scar tissue, so concealer was her friend...)

Upvote 0