Daniels 70 weeks made Simple

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Right, but you are placing the 62nd week at Christs second coming??

Isnt that future?

And isnt week 62 long past?

Sorry, I thought you were going to snow me under with that 'new math,' these kids now days are waaay ahead of me.

Dan.9:25, "the 62" is the next constructive era during which the outstanding achievement shall be that "she shall again be built." The subject of these two Hebrew verbs is quite naturally Jerusalem, ie, pretty much where you and I can agree - I think?

The first heptad culminated in Christ if I recall correct thus the "62" is the building of the spiritual Jerusalem, the church, the true Zion - distressful times for sure!!! During our toward the end of the 'end times,' more like "deceptive times for sure!!!

Old 'perception' Jack, or what is 'perceived' Jack?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post Gideon.

I have never been able to figure out how people can justify a gap in the prophecy, when the angel Gabriel said it would last 490 years. Your post does a good job of explaining why this verse is abused. During a Bible study I asked someone to explain how he got a 7 year tribulation when the other verses say 3 1/2 years. He went straight to Dan. 9:27. This same abuse is found on page 301 of the book "Coming of Messiah..." by Manuel Lacunza and translated into English by Edward Irving in 1827. Irving presented the doctrine at the Albury conference. John Darby attended one of those Albury conferences and today it is found on the Church Channel of American TV. You can find an analysis of Lacunza's book in the YouTube video "Genesis of Dispensational Theology".

Thanks for speaking the truth.

Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Berean.

I havn't read Manuel Lacunza but, having an Plymouth Brethren background, Im quite familiar with Darby's faulty eschatology.

No, there is no references whatsoever to a 7 year tribulation. Dan. ch.9 has indeed been abused, and its powerful atoning purpose has been obfuscated. Sad.

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Interplanner,

I was referring to the O.P. diagram.

daniels70.png

As for my comment about Dan. ch.9 having a powerful atoning purpose, I hadn't actually made a post, but I am referring to verse 24. It is the most comprehensive 'atonement' text in the Old Testament IMO. Basically it is saying that the Cross would achieve these six things:

• First, it finished transgression for those who believe, so the demands of law do not have to be charged against them.
  • Second, it made an end of sins by removing the accumulated sin temporarily covered under the old covenant, as well as removing in advance sin committed under the new covenant.
  • Third, it reconciled us to God whose justice was satisfied by the propitiatory sacrifice of his Son.
  • Fourth, it enabled the righteousness of Christ to be credited to those that believe on him irrespective of the wrongs they may have done.
  • Fifth, it sealed the vision, authenticating Jesus as the One from God and his ministry as the fulfilment of the promise.
  • Sixth, it raised and anointed a new temple, the Church, holy to the Lord, not made by man’s hands.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Very good. I've lost track of an item that supports "sealed" in 9:26 as fulfilled, because otherwise you would think it means to conceal or hide, such as 8:26. The force of all 6 things and the cutting off for others, however, leads me to go with the fulfilled sense because otherwise it becomes the odd expression out of the 7.

A good sensible diagram! Otherthan being slammed so many times with the other approach, I don't know what there is to reject.

I don't get Jn 19:30 with the DofJ. Slightly related is Jn 11:50. Jn 19:30 goes with being cut off, the crucifixion.

Upvote 0

jaysj84

Apr 23, 2014
✟7,674.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very good. I've lost track of an item that supports "sealed" in 9:26 as fulfilled, because otherwise you would think it means to conceal or hide, such as 8:26. The force of all 6 things and the cutting off for others, however, leads me to go with the fulfilled sense because otherwise it becomes the odd expression out of the 7.

A good sensible diagram! Otherthan being slammed so many times with the other approach, I don't know what there is to reject.

I don't get Jn 19:30 with the DofJ. Slightly related is Jn 11:50. Jn 19:30 goes with being cut off, the crucifixion.

Hi Interplanner!

Not sure what your confusion is ,etc about the scriptures above. Please explain clearly what your finding difficult. I'd like to try and help if I can.

Thank you,.... :wave:

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Sealed" often means hidden, put away in Daniel, but there's an exception. I'm not going to arbitrarily say it is in ch 9's "seal up vision" until I find it. But when put with the other 6 things Messiah does, "fulfill" is more likely. Do you recall the other use of "sealed" in Daniel where it favors "fulfilled" rather than "put away" as it does in 8:26?

Jn 19:30 does not go with the DofJ in any sense that I can think of. Why does the chart have Jn 19:30 under the DofJ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Interplanner said:
Jn 19:30 does not go with the DofJ in any sense that I can think of. Why does the chart have Jn 19:30 under the DofJ?

Thanks for picking me up on that. It seems that I transposed John 19:30 with Matt 24:1-2. :blush: Too late to fix it on this thread but Ive fixed it on my website. Yes, makes better sense.

Upvote 0