Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This prophecy must be the most deliberately obfuscated part of the entire Bible.

• The Jews deliberately muddled it because they didn't like who it counted to.
  • Atheists late-date Daniels book because they disbelieve in predictive prophecy.
  • Dispensationalists muddle it in order to create their 7-year myth in the last days.
  • Preterists sneak a little gap to AD70 where they plonk 3.5 years outside of the 70 wks.
  • 7th-day Adventists muddle it because their prophetess made a date mistake.

Even modern Bible translators have not been entirely honest when dealing with this text. The 'New Living Translation' (good in other areas) twists it to reflect the disp. story of antichrist.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YES! Good Job!

In 66 AD, the people of the prince (Jews) rebelled and went against the Romans. What happened? The city was eventually destroyed. Did they do it directly? The rival JEWISH Zealot gangs, pent up inside the city's walls for 3.5 years, warring with one another, bringing destruction and famine upon one another, are the SOLE responsible party(s) for the City's destruction. Of course, no one knows exactly who torched the temple, could have been the Zealots, might have been the Romans, But, either way, the actions of the Jewish people in Jerusalem brought down the fury of the Roman armies. Whether the Jews burned it or the Romans did is rather a moot point.

The Roman armies were merely the instrument du jour.
The Jews (People of Messiah the Prince) were, without question, the engine behind it and SOLELY responsible for the City and sanctuary's destruction.

It was a rhetorical question.

I didn't think you would actually answer.

lol

Oh your wild theories are at it again parousia

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's because you have it on repeat on your Ipod. :D

You know why you reply to my posts and never have scripture to discuss?

Because you hate that Im right and I back my words with scripture, so you are left with nothing but chasing me around replying to my posts.

You missed a few threads old man, now run along and answer my questions..

Why did God choose the Jews knowing they would reject Christ?

Cat got your tongue jew hater?

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, right. Some believers are Jews. He's not referring to all of them but to the fact that he is one example that some Jews believe, so it is not a total waste.

My mentor is a Christian, but hes also Jewish.

His mindset changed when he came to Christ, he no longer believes as a Jew.

The reason that happened is because God chose him from before the foundation of the earth, to be saved, much like anyone else truly in Christ.

This is going to happen on a much larger scale in the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great. What does it have to do with the assumption Paul was countering there: that descendancy determines blessing?

Because this verse still stands.

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is what Rom 11 says, yes. Because of their background they would make more effective missionaries. They would have a running start. That's why Paul wants them to believe, because the Gsopel would then be transported more effectively. Rom 11 is not a prediction of a futurist episode of israel in its land. He is trying to get them in God's mission to make that mission as effective as it could be.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what Rom 11 says, yes. Because of their background they would make more effective missionaries. They would have a running start. That's why Paul wants them to believe, because the Gsopel would then be transported more effectively. Rom 11 is not a prediction of a futurist episode of israel in its land. He is trying to get them in God's mission to make that mission as effective as it could be.

Where does Romans 11 say that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Rather, The Anointing of Messiah by the Spirit descending upon Him as a dove ended the 69th week.
The Crucifixion followed 3.5 years later, in the midst of the 70th Week, exactly as prophesied.

The end of the 62 is the 2nd Return of Jesus, ie, the Parousia, ie, the end.

In the 70th, Satan's personal loosing.

Old Jackster

btw the 3.5 began at Lk.21:24; Rev.11:2 or so.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rom 11:12. Their loss is their unbelief; if they believe there will be the riches of belief for the world.
:13. He wants to save some for further ministry and blessing the whole world
10:15 how can they preach unless they are sent and believe before that. He wants them to go out with "feet bringing the good news."
11:17 he wants them grafted back in to Christ to be fruitful, which is prob based on Is 27:6

Paul wanted his people to be like him "except for the chains". What was Paul: missionary to the nations, Acts 26.

Upvote 0