A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises

Yes, the ancestral promise to David reappears in the NT. It is fulfilled in Christ.

What other ancestral promises to Israel reappear in the NT?

How does removal of the old covenant and promises, and their replacement by a new and better covenant and promises, constitute denial?

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where are we told that he fulfilled it?
Matt5
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Some things still stand from the OT and will until Jesus returns then all will be fulfilled

Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who are the New Covenant children of the promise?

Galatians 4:28
Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Paul is addressing the Galatian church, comprised of both Jews and Gentiles. As believers, they are all the children of promise, and thus counted for the seed, Gentiles included.

Ethnicity is irrelevant. That is reinforced by the fact that virtually every resident of planet earth by now possesses at least some amount of Abrahamic DNA.

You still don't understand. The believing seed of Israel still are... chosen to God and fall under specific promises He gave them, which is why The Apostles were all born of the seed of Israel and not Gentiles. It is also why the OT prophets are part of the 'foundation' of Christ's Church!

Eph 2:18-22
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
KJV

Through The Spirit, all believers on Christ Jesus are one in His Church and believing Gentiles will be joined with the believers of the seed of Israel in the inheritances God originally gave their fathers.

None of the following has been fulfilled yet today:

Isa 49:22
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
KJV

Isa 54:3
3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
KJV

Isa 61:9
9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
KJV

Like God said in Jeremiah 31, the seed of Israel shall remain a nation before Him forever.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we say that the Old Covenants and the Law are totally abrogated, then I agree, it looks very hard to see how we would understand God having any further dealings with Jews.

That statement lacks much Biblical understanding, especially because of the prophecies in God's Word about His establishing the seed of Israel back to the old inheritances He gave their fathers, Ezekiel 37 and Jeremiah 31 being some of the strongest proofs against what you say. (No, I am not Jewish, I am a Gentile).

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So how was the part in bold red fulfilled?

Gen 48:16-20
16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.

18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.

19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

20 And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.
KJV

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So how was the part in bold red fulfilled?

Gen 48:16-20
16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.

18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.

19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

20 And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.
KJV
This way:

Abraham lineage

DNA Tests Could Fulfill God’s Promise to Abraham by Revealing Millions of Jews. But How Jewish is Jewish Enough?

Israel in all of Us? Research finds 'Jewish genes' in unusual places

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You still don't understand. The believing seed of Israel still are... chosen to God and fall under specific promises He gave them, which is why The Apostles were all born of the seed of Israel and not Gentiles. It is also why the OT prophets are part of the 'foundation' of Christ's Church!

Eph 2:18-22
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
KJV

Through The Spirit, all believers on Christ Jesus are one in His Church and believing Gentiles will be joined with the believers of the seed of Israel in the inheritances God originally gave their fathers.

None of the following has been fulfilled yet today:

Isa 49:22
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
KJV

Isa 54:3
3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
KJV

Isa 61:9
9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
KJV

Like God said in Jeremiah 31, the seed of Israel shall remain a nation before Him forever.

If Paul explicitly declared that the New Testament Church, in this case the Galatian Church, comprised exclusively of both believing Jews and Gentiles; were the children of promise; then what significance did Paul attach to ethnicity?

Answer: None.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

With few exceptions, Jesus ministry was confined to Israel.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises

All of these refer to blessings and benefits which Israel received under the Old Covenant. None of their blessings and benefits under the Old Covenant reappear unchanged in the New Covenant. Rather, they are fulfilled in, and inherited by, Christ and those in Christ; and they are replaced by the better promises found in His better New Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If Paul explicitly declared that the New Testament Church, in this case the Galatian Church, comprised exclusively of both believing Jews and Gentiles; were the children of promise; then what significance did Paul attach to ethnicity?

The "ethnicity" quota is something you are making up. Paul taught that Gentiles who have believed have come into the covenants and promises God gave to the seed of Israel. Believing seed of Israel kept those promises and the rest were cut off because of unbelief. Then the Gentiles were graffed into those promises with believing Israel. That is what Paul said below, EVEN applying the "commonwealth of Israel" phrase to the believing Gentile...

Eph 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

KJV

This is why God said in Jer.31 that the seed of Israel as a nation will never cease before Him. The idea of Christ's Church is the concept of God's Israel, and that is how the believing Gentile inherits with the believing seed of Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Answer: to Christ's Church belong the promises now via God's original promises to the believing seed of Israel, what Apostle Paul labeled as "the commonwealth of Israel":

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

KJV

Made "nigh" to what? To Churchianity? No, to the "covenants of promise" and "the commonwealth of Israel".

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The title 'Jew' only applied to the 3-tribed southern "kingdom of Judah" after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms in the days of Rehoboam, the son of Solomon (1 Kings 11-13, & per Jewish historian Josephus). It did not apply to the ten northern tribes of the "kingdom of Israel". Jewish Bible scholars well know this, so Jews who keep presented this falsehood obviously do so to create confusion about God's Word.

In the 1930's, University of Michigan professor Leroy Waterman, a professor of oriental languages, translated the name the Assyrians used for the ten tribes while captive in those lands of Assyria. And the name he translated from the Assyrian tablets he associated with the name Cimmerian (i.e., the Celts). In other words, the Cimmerians directly link with the ten tribes that were captive to Assyria.

The Behistun Rock in northern Iraq still exists as proof to the captivity of the ten tribes, and their Caucasian features:

BEHISTUN ROCK

Anthropology is well familiar with the Cimmerian peoples; they are the majority of peoples that crossed the Caucasus mountains north of the Black Sea when migrating westward into Europe, becoming known as Caucasians. These were the Gauls (Galatians), the Celtic peoples, Norsk, Normans, Angles, Saxons, etc., all of the same root stock of Caucasian peoples that migrated westward forming the eventual Christian western nations. That is where Ephraim was scattered to along with the rest of the ten tribes. Before Jesus came, they were practicing various forms of pagan worship which originated from ancient Baal worship. But when Jesus came and was preaching to them, they began to put away their idols, and accept Christ Jesus as their Savior, Britain being the very first nation of a national scale to accept Christ Jesus. That's how the "multitude of nations" prophecy to Ephraim's seed was fulfilled. But today, for the majority, this still remains a mystery, but not for much longer.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Answer: to Christ's Church belong the promises now via God's original promises to the believing seed of Israel, what Apostle Paul labeled as "the commonwealth of Israel":

KJV

Made "nigh" to what? To Churchianity? No, to the "covenants of promise" and "the commonwealth of Israel".
To ensure that I understand, does "commonwealth of Israel" mean the nation of Israel; or the Church; or neither?

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lol. Reread Romans.
Answer: a lot

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With few exceptions, Jesus ministry was confined to Israel.

All of these refer to blessings and benefits which Israel received under the Old Covenant. None of their blessings and benefits under the Old Covenant reappear unchanged in the New Covenant. Rather, they are fulfilled in, and inherited by, Christ and those in Christ; and they are replaced by the better promises found in His better New Covenant.
i think with one exception, Matthew 15:28.
The promise to Abraham of Christ is unchanged. What are the promises, and which are modified?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you summarize the video?

It would take a thousand words.

I promise that it will be well worth your time to watch the video, if you think we are still under the 4th commandment.

In Galatians chapter 3, the Apostle Paul says the the Sinai Covenant was "added" 430 years "after" the promise made to Abraham "until" the seed (Christ) could come to whom the promise was made.

In Galatians chapter 4 Paul compares the Sinai Covenant to "bondage" and compels the Galatian believers to "cast out" the covenant of bondage.

The battle between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant has been going on since Acts chapter 15.
During most of that time the Judaisers have won the day.

There are two different sets of commandments in the verse below.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

We find the same concept in Hebrews 12:18-24.

We are not come to the mountain that burns with fire, but instead to the New Covenant of Mount Sion, which is heavenly Jerusalem.

Nobody alive today has ever been under the 4th commandment of the Sinai Covenant.

If you still think otherwise, then you need to watch the video.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.